Sign in to follow this  
Fire_Hive

Konish Nerfed/German Buff

Apperantly the Konish was nerfed to 135 damage for both reg ap and apcr. Source: Wot main forum, people that have played the test server have seen the nerf.

Also looks like the engine changes haven't affected the Germans as most people thought they would. Reactions are positive overall.

Also

Wish granted.
-
Current E-75 stats
Terrain resistance
- strong: 1.3
- medium: 1.7
- weak: 2.7
-
Test server
- strong: 1.1
- medium: 1.4
- weak: 2.3

So, since this is relevant to the issue at hand, terrain resistance. How does it work?

I know so far that lower = better, but at the same time I've seen vehicles with poor performance have low values and high performance have high values. My current working hypothesis being it's some kind of modifier to the horsepower and/or tonnage of the vehicle.

C/D?

Goodbye to 3601! :D

Regarding ground resistance, lower is better and it is applied as a kind of modifier to the horsepower/weight ratio for determining acceleration power at a given moment. Think of it as (horsepower/weight)/terrainmodifier = acceleration.

I always loved to play the E-50 and E-50M whenever the test server was up, since I'm nowhere near of actually acquiring those myself anytime soon.

But this patch is a major fun-killer for the E-50 at least. It now performs really bad at upslopes. Especially since I considered the duo's Centurion7/E-50 and FV4202/E-50M as somewhat similar. I'll play and test more, but these tanks now seem to be a mere shadow of their former selves.

The new VK30.02M an the other hand seems fun to play at least (I'd still prefer the VK30.01D though). It has the historically despised shot-trap of the earlier Panther models (the lower mantlet), so I'm curious whether this will be a significant weakness in the game.

On the Panther: L/100 rof slightly improved from 12.50 to 13.04, aim time nerfed from 2.3 to 2.5.

I'd rather keep the 2.3 seconds aim time.

Edit: now the Panther has got the worst aim time out of all the tier 7 mediums. :) Off to post that on the official forums!

Hehe I bought a fair-sized pile of Konisch gold ammo when ammo was on sale a few weeks ago. Guess I'll be spamming that all over to make use of it before the patch hits.

Any advice on how long I probably have?

EDIT: Seeing the ROF buff that has gone along with the alpha nerf, gonna hold onto to some of that prem ammo.

Fuck me, I just bought the Awful Panther during the on-track sale.

For me the Panther is an honest tank. You're not dead weight for sure with the L/100, it's a nice gun that can always deal some damage thanks to the nice pen.

What I find idiotic is giving it the worst aim time out of all the tier 7 mediums.

Edit: WHAT THE HELL? I logged in again, and now the panther has 13.64 rof and 2.3 of aim time. I'm NOT drunk, I've also got a screenshot I took earlier. Double checked that right now. WHAT THE HELL?

For me the Panther is an honest tank. You're not dead weight for sure with the L/100, it's a nice gun that can always deal some damage thanks to the nice pen.

What I find idiotic is giving it the worst aim time out of all the tier 7 mediums.

By Awful Panther I meant the German Tier VII light tank.

Also, I've taken a look at the new Konisch.

It has a 13.06 ROF on the VK3601H now, up from 11.76, and is also available on the VK3001H with an ROF of 12.  The Aufklarungspanzer has it with an ROF of 15 up from 12.

So, it's lost a bit of alpha, but in most cases it's picked up enough ROF to compensate.

The VK3001H with the Konisch with that ROF may well be trolltacular.  157pen on a tier 5?

Other things to note about 3601H: 

Both turrets have 24 deg/s traverse.

Stock turret gives the tank 850HP, upgraded 950.

With the upgraded turret the Konisch has an ROF of 14.29.

The speed limit increases to 50km/h but top engine only has 500HP.

Konisch presently has 1950 or so DPM with 165 alpha, and will have 2011 with 135 alpha...

People will whine anyway. It took a good hit on the average damage, and that's all that matters for a lot of players... I was going to sell the 3601H anyway, It never really clicked with me. Didn't like the rof, and my Konisch always seemed to roll subpar damage. As a tier VI heavy tank, there are plenty of better tanks to keep imho... and same goes for mediums.

Plenty better? So quite a number of tier 6 tanks are better than the vk3601?

Arguably the KV1s but what else is considered better?

Plenty of better tanks to keep in my opinion, which of course might differ from yours.

From what I saw yesterday on the test server the 3601H is still a good tank, but in the end depends on what you want from a Heavy tank. If you want it to behave like a heavy, the T-150 does that job nicely. If you want a faster tank, the M6 is mobile enough and able to pound enemies hard with good accuracy thanks to the Hellcat's 90mm, while still being able of bouncing something. Ah, there's also the KV-2...

As it stands the 3601 is a heavy/medium hybrid in my eyes, an interesting balance but still weird.

For medium tanks I'd rather keep the Cromwell, which in fact earned a permanent spot in my garage.

Again, as I wrote before: I wouldn't have kept the 3601 even without class/konisch rebalance. Solid tank all around, but nothing that makes me want to keep it indefinitely.

On the Panther: L/100 rof slightly improved from 12.50 to 13.04, aim time nerfed from 2.3 to 2.5.

I'd rather keep the 2.3 seconds aim time.

Edit: now the Panther has got the worst aim time out of all the tier 7 mediums. :) Off to post that on the official forums!

I take it you haven't seen the A-44? :verysmug:

I take it you haven't seen the A-44? :verysmug:

Thank god that thing has a higher aim time, but that's not the point. :)

Anyway issue solved as I posted later, it's still 2.3 seconds (hopefully)