kunjuro

T-103, Soviet T8 TD

Ignoring the flat little 220mm strips along the border of the mantlet and the 230mm parts of the mantlet not overlapping with the turret, the thing looks to be >260mm effective, so tier 10 tanks would have a 50/50 chance with standard ammo for going through.  As you aim further from the center, the armor gets tougher as you'd expect.  It does get that 60mm tumor on top.

I also question the ability of this to sidescrape.  The turret is mounted on a big and fat 100mm ring that would make the VK 72.01 jealous.  Hull down would be a much more viable tactic.  You can always use friendly heavies to hide your hull :^)

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

but the tank itself is still ugly as fuck

how dare you, its one of the most beautiful premiums they have ever done, puts even KV-5 into shame when it comes to good looks

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

how dare you, its one of the most beautiful premiums they have ever done, puts even KV-5 into shame when it comes to good looks

I told you already. You are weird. 

I wonder if it still gets those ridiculous numbers WG teased us with. Compare them to SU-101 with 122mm gun and it's not very nice view from non-p2w perspective...

xx828.jpg

WG really took wrong path with new premiums. It saddens me as I really like the game, but it seems devs are doing everything to disgrace it to me. Inflating game with OP premiums, ignoring overal game balance (across all tiers), focusing on new and boring bullcrap modes (I honestly don't understand how could anyone find those supposed-to-be-fun modes like Moonballs or Football funny), ruining old modes (tank company battles went first, now SH/skirmishes are undergoing vasectomy), raping half of the whole light tank class, introducing stun, ...

8 hours ago, kurcatovium said:

xx828.jpg

WG really took wrong path with new premiums. It saddens me as I really like the game, but it seems devs are doing everything to disgrace it to me. Inflating game with OP premiums, ignoring overal game balance (across all tiers), focusing on new and boring bullcrap modes (I honestly don't understand how could anyone find those supposed-to-be-fun modes like Moonballs or Football funny), ruining old modes (tank company battles went first, now SH/skirmishes are undergoing vasectomy), raping half of the whole light tank class, introducing stun, ...

Light tanks work rather well right now. People simply have to adjust but look at some of the replays for some top players here. 

I'm not saying they're bad, but... what's the point of T10 light tank with 390 meters of view range? That's lower than any other tank on that tier (not counting arty), which is plain ridiculous.

//EDIT: Why the f**k does my title say "Arty Protector"?!

it's on tanks.gg.

The armour is pretty trash aside the turret, the front 'boobs' are 60mm so could be be legit penned by some HE rounds. Same for the cupola, which looks fairly small but I actually think the tank is so massive that it's not.

Plus the turret ring/hull the turret sits on is very prominent it's going to be hard to hide it even hull down. It also means no sidescraping because it's like the Pz VII you'll always be able to get about 100mm of flat armour on it whatever the angle.

Hilariously at full gun depression you can also shoot up into the bottom armour of the turret and overmatch the 40mm there if you have a 122. 

The turret ranges from 220 - 260 on the flat bits. 

Over the SU 101 with the 122 you get more DPM, 260 more HP, the full turret, 5.8 degrees more gun depression.  Worse dispersion, and obviously worse mobility by a lot, I'm presuming way worse camo. 

Quality of life though you are way better off in the premium cos of that turret and gun depression. 

If they nerf the HP down a bit and the DPM I think it'll be ok.