TheSovereign

Premium lights post light changes

– After various considerations, we’ve decided not to touch premium LT stats, but they will get the reduced MM (as normal LT’s do after LT-10)

So once t10 lights come into being, and the scout MM changes to +2 like everything else what's the verdict on the status of premium lights? Currently T7 and T8 lights are both being up-tiered and buffed but only slightly. I had anticipated WG would leave the premiums unchanged, including MM on them. However they're basically knocking every premium light down a tier without nerfing it. Im thinking that premium lights are going to be pretty OP. Lekpz vs the bulldog, 13 75, etc seems like a no brainer..

Type 62 is so trash currently it will become solid by dropping a tier. Totally worth doing a marathon grind 3 years ago to get one, woo.

Blackdog will be good but probably not anything that amazing, compared to a medium it will be faster with better DPM and handling but have a bad gold shell and no durability. The HESH might become more useful by dropping down too. The tech tree German 8 light will be competitive with it, but probably a little worse overall. It'll be nice to finally have a competitive, real tier 8 light premium regardless.

13 57 is like the 62, too bad currently to become OP. I wager it'll be considered average or above average, I definitely want one now. I considered getting one around Christmas since I badly want a French trainer, but it's just too bad in its current form to justify.

Type 64 will be the big winner, it'll be a pre-nerf hellcat with a DPM/flank gun instead of an alpha/pen gun, more speed, and more view range. I'd rather they nerfed it a bit, tier 5 is already clogged with T67s, we don't need the same damn thing in tier 6 too. But at least it's paper and doesn't have as much pen for its tier as the T67, so only decent players will be able to exploit it.

1 hour ago, TheSovereign said:

Im thinking that premium lights are going to be pretty OP. 

Basically. But given the current brawl-centric meta, it's unlikely to be an issue.

Well I don't think lights are going to be OP overall, I meant more of the prem lights are going to be OP compared to their new same tier counterparts. 

SPIC/13 75 vs Lekpz

62 vs whatever t7 lights there's going to be. 

I don't think the 62 is that bad honestly. Just sucks in t10 matches like every other t7 scout.

I love the 13 57 for its absurd interclip reload time but it BLOWS in t10 matches even with full gold. Getting more top tier and t8 matches will bring it from mediocre to pretty fun.

13 57 with that peashooter against tier 5s? Yes please, wrecking the shit out of t67s and cromwells (fuck the cromwell really, it's more annoying than arty)

I may even get equipment back on my type 62, right now it's sitting in my garage collecting pixel dust..

And lekpz shitting on tier 6s with hep?

(They will be extremely good at farming tears from the plebs that didn't buy these tanks, that's for sure)

Yea, the clip size on the 13 57 becomes a lot more meaningful if 2 of 3 battle tiers have tanks that can more or less be killed in a single drum. It might even be able to load AP and sometimes make profits.

ALSO this decision basically shows that WG acknowledges that LTs are crap as currently implemented. Something we all know, but gets overshadowed by more egregious crap like arty.

As a LT driver, my body is ready, but I almost feel guilty about the seal clubbing that's going to happen. The 13 57 will gain the most, as it'll be able to just shred tier 5s and 6s for fun, The Type 64 and Blackdog will benefit, but they're not OP in stronks, and I don't see them being game-breakingly OP post-MM changes. Type 62 goes from turd to pretty darn good.

WZ-131

Tier VII
Weight: 21.1 tons
HP: 900
Engine power: 520
power to weight ratio: 24.64
V-max: + 60 / -23 kph
Terrain Resistances: 0.575 / 0.671 / 1.247
Turret Traverse: 50.1 ° / s
Hull Traverse: 54 ° / s
Hull Armor: 35/20 mm
Turret Armor: 45/30 mm

Gun: 85 mm 64-85T
Penetration: 159/230/43 mm
DMG: 150/150/185
DPM: 1668 6
Rate of fire: 8.343
Reload: 7.192
Accuracy: 0.345
Aim Time 2.4
Elevation/Depression: + 20° / -5°

Tbh looking at all the stats i don't see how the premium LT will become OP. At best they will in line with the rest of them. What i do see though is that light tank next patch will overall become a stronger class as a whole. Because yes the M41GF does get downtiered but the other "new" tier 8 LT are becoming quite strong now as well for their new MM. 

So i'm expecting the M41GF not to be OP compared to the rest of the T8 lights and i'm expecting all the new tier 8 and 7 lights to be fairly strong now. (notably, maybe the T9 and 10 will also be strong)

Did you guy's even see that the T71 got downtiered with (almost) no changes ? 

Apparently you if you own a tank and it gets move up in tier than yes it is worth to own it (if you plan on keeping the higher tier lights).

Wg stated that if you own the tier 8 (say Ru251) you will get the new T8 AND the Tier 9 Ru251.

But i have both the Bulldog and T49 elited in my garage, i wonder how that's going to work. Credits in lieu?

I also have the M7, Chaffee and T37 in my garage but i assume the lights will just be moved up a tier and the M7 will become a tier 5 light. Have they provided any clear information about the lower tier lights yet?

Black Bulldog and Type 62 will be perfectly fine, arguably the Type 62 is still not that good compared to the 'new' WZ-131 which is also going to sit as a regular tier 7, the WZ's 85mm is still better aside DPM.

Bulldog when I did a comparison was about as good as the tier 8 normalised WZ-132 and that was before sandbox saw all lights get a hp/ton buff. 

13-57 might be problematic with the clip, but 13-75 is weak now and 13-57 is a worse version, plus on last stats T71 was keeping it's clip size as well, 900 in 10s against tier 5s.....

Clearest winner is the Type 64 because it's the strongest one, it competed well with other current tier 6 lights, it'll be a clear choice for tier 6 CWs. But still, Cromwell is pretty much as fast, with same DPM, more alpha, more pen on both rounds and a lot more HP.  Type has better gun handling, camo and view range.