Sign in to follow this  
Canadian_Reaper

Medium line tanks worth playing/skipping before T8?

Ke-Ho is definitely better tank because outside from derp resistance you dont want to really take hits on Chi-He, either. Also there are always those scrubs who fire AP with 105 derps that can actually go through Chi-He.

Ke-Ho has so fucking retarded camo so with crew skills you can abuse that and rape everything. Its almost like tier 4 T67 that is lot slower but has better durability tier-for-tier (almost as same HP tier lower), which is quite brutal. The only reason i guess why people dont use Ke-Ho as statpadder because it isnt markable.

On 2017-6-7 at 6:53 PM, thepingman said:

Ke-Ho is better than Chi-He in gun handling (and perhaps camo) if you check the stat in tank gg, but its front armor was so bad that any non-autocannon HE shell will do full damage to you, same as its side and rear. While Chi-He have 50 mm front armor, which, while isn't that much better, still protect you from getting derp somewhat.

The difference is quite big; as 75 mm gun can 2 shots Ke-Ho with HE compared to 4 shots when using 75 mm AP on average. But not many people exploit it though. Oh, and don't forget SPG too, despite the rework, Ke-Ho will still get one-shot by them because of this cardboard armor.

This's not to say that Ke-Ho is bad though, just that it has quite high learning curve to use it well.

Jesus christ this is a name I haven't seen in forever. 

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Ke-Ho is definitely better tank because outside from derp resistance you dont want to really take hits on Chi-He, either. Also there are always those scrubs who fire AP with 105 derps that can actually go through Chi-He.

Ke-Ho has so fucking retarded camo so with crew skills you can abuse that and rape everything. Its almost like tier 4 T67 that is lot slower but has better durability tier-for-tier (almost as same HP tier lower), which is quite brutal. The only reason i guess why people dont use Ke-Ho as statpadder because it isnt markable.

Pretty much. Also the tier 4 padders are too busy jerking off with the Matilda and pref 4s. 

I started to grind the Chi-Nu due to the on-track event, but after a single day I was so underwhelmed, and when I looked at the tanks to come, none of them really calls out to me.  Are the high tier Japanese meds competitive in the current meta?  The STB-1 sounds almost like a flattened Fatton with much worse gun handling and less hull armor, and I'm not sure that calls out to me.

24 minutes ago, Tanager said:

I started to grind the Chi-Nu due to the on-track event, but after a single day I was so underwhelmed, and when I looked at the tanks to come, none of them really calls out to me.  Are the high tier Japanese meds competitive in the current meta?  The STB-1 sounds almost like a flattened Fatton with much worse gun handling and less hull armor, and I'm not sure that calls out to me.

No. They all are fairly competent in what they do, but they are no russian wedges. All of them are fairly stealthy with the Type 61 being a wierd outlier and the STB has stupidly bad gun handling, but out-DPMs almost everything. Other than that, it's just your regular ridgeline-sniping mediums.

On 09/06/2017 at 9:29 AM, leggasiini said:

Ke-Ho is a glorious little tank, and evidence that low tiers can actually be fun. It basically plays like a Bat with a bottomless clip.