Griphos

What light tanks to rebuy to prepare for 9.18 changes

So, I'm apparently the only person who doesn't know where to look to find info on all the upcoming changes to light tanks.

I've re-bought the SP 1 C since it was on sale.  I have the T37, AMX 13-75, LTTB, and Blackdog.  I'm wondering what other light tanks I should re-buy so I'll have them prior to the changes, perhaps to get extra tanks or save money. I'm particularly interested in which tanks might be particularly nice to have after the changes.  Tanks I could re-buy:

T5: AMX ELC, Leopard, Chaffee (I'm thinking these might stay T5 so I can just wait and see about them?)

T6: AMX 12 t, T21  (know nothing about any changes for these)

T7: T71, Bulldog (heard that the Bulldog will get to keep its autoloader maybe)

Any of these worth getting before the changes?  Any of these moving up a tier and being replaced such that I could get an extra tank (as they are supposed to be doing with the RU 251)?  Bulldog, perhaps?

No one really knows for sure what all the specifics of the changes are going to be. The test server is going to go live in a few days (supposedly the 30th) so we'll be able to see what the most effective way to game the system then for maximum crediterinos. Tiers 6+7 USA, USSR, and German lights will be on sale through April 10th which is a good time to pick them up if they are going to shift up a tier. I suggest you start grinding credits sooner rather than later. On a related note, I really, really need to start playing my 12t if I want to have a hope of unlocking the batchat ap before the patch hits.

Current LTs will get bumped up a tier. From what I get from these values: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/12/19/new-stats-of-tier-x-lights-partial/ the only useful tier10 LT will be the AMX 13 105. The AMX has 280 pen with the gold rounds, which is respectable and enough if you're forced to fight heavies frontally.

So, grind the french line first, 13 75 is trash, but it isnt getting any better anytime soon.

Personally I'm waiting for these changes, because I wanna see how this changes SH/CW meta for tier 8. 13 75/ LTTB/ SPIC against IS-series tanks:MingLee:

Doesnt 13 75 and SP I C stay on tier 7?

Tho its irrelevant because Batchat 14t (or whatever it was called) is literally AMX 13 75 V2.0 and HWK 12 is bit fatter SP I C that is faster...and doesnt have autoloader, so yea

1 hour ago, SaintLaurentius said:

13 75 is trash.

I thought is was a pretty good tank, better than the 13 90 in fact.

6 minutes ago, CAPIRAGE said:

I thought is was a pretty good tank, better than the 13 90 in fact.

Having the same gun as the light tank before it kinda means it is trash.

2 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Having the same gun as the light tank before it kinda means it is trash.

But that reload... well, it may aswell justify why I'm a lemon and you are not :feelsbad:

Have a look about 2/3rds of the way down this page for proposed tier 8-10 tech trees:

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/02/

Pretty sure it was on this site where I  found info on lower tier changes as well, but have to cook dinner so can't confirm now. My recollection is that elc, 12t, 1375, Chaffee, T37, and T71 will all stay in the tier they're at currently, with a slight nerf to all of them. 

It'd be amazing if they make the Sheridan have the same armament as in RL.

IMG_0026.JPG

152 mm anti-tank rockets, WG plz

So what will the the main differences be between mediums and lights? Will lights start having more purpose/usage or will they still fill the same roles that a medium can do?

43 minutes ago, PantyHero said:

wotexpress.png

Interesting. I already have all five tier VIII light tanks with crews in them. I understand that these will move up to tier IX, and the crews will go with them, and WG will give me a tier VIII light tank that does not have a crew. Works for the Chinese wz-132 & wz-132A, the HWK 12 & Ru 251, and the AMX 13 90 & B-C 12t.

For the T49 I have a crew in that, but I kept the M41 Bulldog on tier VII as I liked it, and it has a crew in it. I wonder if I should sell it and send the crew to the barracks to get 50% of the silver on a sale of a tier VII now, and then later receive the new tier VIII, and put the crew back?

For the USSR I have the T54 ltwt with a very high perk crew in it (came out of the T34 Rudy so has free first skill etc). I had a two/three perk skill in the LTTB, but put them in barracks and sold the tank. Is there any reason to re-buy the LTTB?

On tier VI I have the following tanks with crews;

T37, M-T 25, 59-16 (the Chinese one has the best crew). Should I sell or keep any of these three?

Should I buy any tier IV, V or other tier VI to try and turn a silver profit?

Fun facts I own a Blackdog on tier VIII and really enjoy it already, I think effectively it will get a sort of buff if it goes from +3mm to +2mm assuming no other alterations.

I also own an AMX 13 57 GF which personally I do less well in. I assume again though that if it remains unaltered but goes from +3mm to +2mm I will begin to do much better in it.

@SaintLaurentius those values are out of date, but I couldn't find written new values. DezGames did a very recent review of each of them on YouTube though. AMX is likely the worst of them right now, but it's expected to get a rpm buff.

I am very interested in how we can get some credit maximization with this reshuffle but I think @Whole_Nutmeg  has the right plan 1. Get credits 2. Wait for common test

Like @arthurwellsley I have all 5 in garage with crew and several of the one's below.

IMO based on the last Sandbox versions.

Tier 10s -

T-100 - still super low profile, still very fast, still has the best camo, still has the troll armour. Gun is disappointing all round, poor premium round, bad DPM, poor accuracy though seems to have good dispersion. 

Sheridan - went from the worst tier 10 light to one of the better ones, got DPM, view range and hp/ton buff, also aim time buff so probably as the best gun of the tier 10 lights. 

WZ-132-1 - Best all rounder, got a decent solid gun, good camo, good view range and potentially bouncy turret. Basically like a T-54 ltw with better handling on tier 10.

The AMX-13-105 is better but still inferior to the Bat Chat IMO, the Rhm will be decent but is big and paper, plus lost it's view range advantage (had 440m on first test) and got nasty DPM nerf (like over 9s reload for 390 alpha). The Sherdians 105mm is just better, it has the same view range, similar hp/ton and -10 gun depression so only really loses out in top speed and camo. 

Tier 9s -

T49, without the derp, something like 2.7-2.8k base DPM with the 90mm, you can get it maxed out to a sub 4.5s reload for 240 damage. Has -10 gun depression all round unlike RU, is about as fast as the RU, and has 212mm pen APCR standard rounds with very good shell velocity rather than the RU's potato launcher.  Matches RU for view range, obviously has the worse camo. 

WZ-132A - Basically a hyper mobile T-54 with paper armour, more penetration, more camo and more view range. Though no magic HEAT round. A pretty fun tank, especially if good tier 9 MM continues. 

RU seems like a worse T49 now IMO, 13-90 is way better than it was but still a bit sub par and you might as well use a Skoda T50 or Bat Chat AP.  T-54 ltw barely got changed, though I hear it has insane dispersion values, but considering all the other lights got substantial buffs moving to regular tier 9 tanks and it still has that 235 pen APCR round I wouldn't rate it. 

Tier 8s.

Didn't manage to play all these, but WZ-132 is barely changed from what it is now, except it's basically getting regular tier 8 MM and is getting more DPM and more hp/ton than it currently has.

And the Bulldog now is has it's autoloader back, as it's getting an HP buff, and hp/ton buff. Plus the single shot gun is back being viable (if it is the same as Sandbox) with like 2.8k base DPM, very good gun handling and 170 alpha rather than the 150 it currently has.

Im personally probably going to get the 13-105 because fuck playing the 13-90 with a girl crew, when I can basically have the same MM but with a 105mm gun. Im also anticipating getting the tier 10 GE scout. Other than that? Remains to be seen

I wonder - why would I play a T9 light (after unlocking T10) in the future?

I have all T8 lights with around 150k XP on them, girls crew on the T54Ltw.

I can't see why I would keep them which makes me actually sad as Ru and T54Ltw are some of my faurite tonks ;/

@CraBeatOff Oh, I see....

So the AMX has 3 shots, 33s reload, 2,72 intra, 2,2 aim time, dispersion seems decent. APCR is standard and HEAT is the gold, 234mm of APCR pen is gonna suck. The tank should get 4 shots, so it could clip the others, competitive gameplay in mind...

So the WZ might be best of the bunch atm, but we'll see, things might change before these hit live server.

26 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

@CraBeatOff Oh, I see....

So the AMX has 3 shots, 33s reload, 2,72 intra, 2,2 aim time, dispersion seems decent. APCR is standard and HEAT is the gold, 234mm of APCR pen is gonna suck. The tank should get 4 shots, so it could clip the others, competitive gameplay in mind...

So the WZ might be best of the bunch atm, but we'll see, things might change before these hit live server.

Yea, it's crap right now with neither a big spike or a flexible reload. Either give it 4 to be in line with the other French, or drop the reload.

Hmmmm....this is all very informative.  I should have re-bought the Bulldog rather than the SP 1 C.  Oh, well.  I finished the Panther II grind, so I'll sell it this weekend after the on-track discounts are over and buy the Bulldog at least.  Then I'll grind credits and wait to see on the rest.  Perhaps, I'll grind the SP 1 C so I can unlock the RU before the update, but it doesn't seem like any of the German lights are worth it.  Probably better to spend my time on the AMX 13 75, which I actually kind of like.  

2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

and of course that is the one scout line I haven't gone up.  :feelsbad:

I dont think they will give free tanks away. If they did, those who have sold a tank that is subject to a tier change - or never bought it - would have way more benefit than those that had same tank in garage. If you have a tank in your garage and they change its tier, it will be changed into the new tier tank. Dont expect them to provide a free 'backfill' in the lower tier it vacated.

I doubt they will even unlock any new tank in the tier vacated by a move up. Looking at my tech tree I see some instances of where I have an unresearched tank in a line because WG changed the line at a point I was well past. For example, I dont have the tier 6 VK unlocked but the tier 7 VK is, I owned it years ago.

The other confusing part is the strong rumor that they will leave a tank's xp behind when it moves tier. Everyone is focused on that meaning the excess xp accumulated over an elite tank towards a higher tier tank that doesnt exist yet, but consider what would happen if the tank wasnt elite; say you have yet to get the top gun - when they move the tank would they leave all the xp youve ground towards the top gun behind? That would be a pisser, but its unlikely they would treat that xp different to the xp you hold in excess over an elite tank in garage. On the other hand, if they left the xp behind when a tank moved tier you'd then have xp on a tank you havent even researched - never seen that before. Even if they unlocked it you'd then have xp on an unlocked tank youve never owned - never seen that before either

So I think when we open the test server tomorrow we will see our in-garage tanks moved, all their xp going with them, and any new tanks created in the gaps in the line will be supplied unresearched and not provided free. If they do it any other way, it will be a mess. 

1 hour ago, Gryphon_ said:

The other confusing part is the strong rumor that they will leave a tank's xp behind when it moves tier.

Source; Anton Pankov, Murazor, and a few others in RU stream, see; https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/03/25/wg-developer-stream-part-1/comment-page-1/#comment-39351

Quote;

" – Decision on the experience of Tier 8s was not easy, for a long time we have discussed it and finally decided to look at the statistics. Only 10% of current players in the Russian play Tier 8. It is in the range of 100k to 200k. We decided if a person has a Tier 8, for example an AMX 13 90, we are now moving it to Tier 9, making it an elite with all modules, we retrain crew, fully transplanted to Tier 9, but the accumulated experience remains at Tier 8. There is, for example, the situation when from 13 90 leads to the AMX 30 and this transition will continue. I want people to reach Tier 9 properly. It was a difficult decision. This is the official position, which will be respected. "

so we've got about until end of April before 9.18, so one month to grind whatever light tanks anyone haven't gotten, and farm as much free EXP and train the crews

my current light tank situation

China:
WZ-131 (kept for fun)
WZ-132 (WZ-120 not yet researched) PRIORITY

France:
AMX ELC bis (for fun!)
AMX 13 75 (ghetto crew)
AMX 13 90 (BC-25t AP researched and bought, AMX-30 next) PRIORITY

Russia:
LTTB (kept for fun)
T-54 ltwt (last used in CW4, already got T-54)

Germany:
VK28.01 (zero crew)
SP1C (kept for fun)
RU251 (Leo PTA not yet researched) PRIORITY

USA:
Chaffee (for fun!)
T37 (standard issue for SH)
M41 WB (T49 not yet researched) PRIORITY
T71 (T69 not yet researched)

1 minute ago, ThomChen114 said:

so we've got about until end of April before 9.18, so one month to grind whatever light tanks anyone haven't gotten, and farm as much free EXP and train the crews

my current light tank situation

China:
WZ-131 (kept for fun)
WZ-132 (WZ-120 not yet researched) PRIORITY

France:
AMX ELC bis (for fun!)
AMX 13 75 (ghetto crew)
AMX 13 90 (BC-25t AP researched and bought, AMX-30 next) PRIORITY

Russia:
LTTB (kept for fun)
T-54 ltwt (last used in CW4, already got T-54)

Germany:
VK28.01 (zero crew)
SP1C (kept for fun)
RU251 (Leo PTA not yet researched) PRIORITY

USA:
Chaffee (for fun!)
T37 (standard issue for SH)
M41 WB (T49 not yet researched) PRIORITY
T71 (T69 not yet researched)

The WZ-132 stays at Tier 8, and on the Sandbox it still lead to the WZ-120 as well as the new WZ-132A, so I would not prioritize that grind.

From what I've heard, the Russian light and German light are going to be amazing. Troll armor on the Russian and amazing speed on the German make them both really good. The French one looks shit because for 7 more seconds, I can get an additional two shots in the clip, and better pen at the trade of a little camo if I go play a batchat....The American one has a derp, so nothing has changed there, and I don't know anything about the Chinese.