Griphos

What light tanks to rebuy to prepare for 9.18 changes

I'd just buy the LTTB, if anything.  The SP I C has been nerf-batted to death, and stays at the same tier anyway. The T71 stays the same tier, and has been nerfed hard as well, although I think it can still be fun.  The LTTB hasn't been nerfed, just moved up a tier, which means it sees the same tanks it always has.  I like it.  It may take the T-54 ltwt's place in T8 stronks, etc.  

I've been playing most of the mid-tier LTs all day on the CT.  I'll be selling the SP I C, T71, Bulldog, and probably the T37 after the update, and am not really interested in getting any of the others at this point.  

I'd be a little interested in the WZ-132, as it's probably the strongest T8 LT; but I haven't even started the 59-16, and it and the 131 have been shat upon as well.  

On 4/8/2017 at 8:52 AM, Griphos said:

I'd be a little interested in the WZ-132, as it's probably the strongest T8 LT; but I haven't even started the 59-16, and it and the 131 have been shat upon as well.  

I have been preparing for the new patch and accumulating exp on WZ 132. It is definitely top tier t8 light (and I have them all, including blackdog). I already noted in this thread that its good and I am now even more convinced than before. I ran it with 75% crew (except commander) + food to compensate and it has carried so many games. I have bounced everything up to Maus with the turret - not something you can do with any other scout. 250 alpha serves you well and base pen 189 is sufficient. I highly recommend to get it. If it stays samish after .18 then its even better due to better MM.

I'd say the new t7 lights will still suck, as most of the tanks in that tier (except t20 and t29, those are awesome).

Maybe the 13 57F will be slightly better since it will meet tier 5s and can literally machinegun them down in like 5s..

type 64 is now officially the king of t6 lights, since everything else has been nerfed in vr and dpm, some tanks got fucked more than others, take a look at the t21, right now it has 128mm of AP penetration for 115 alpha, 2.76s reload with 100% crew and rammer. in 9.18 it will have a whopping 130mm penetration with AP (yes, 2 more millimetres of penetration, that's the "buff") but its reload will be increased by about 1 second, going from 2.2k dpm to 1.7k, and it got its vr nerfed by 10m, from 390m to 380, which means barely reaching 445 with optics and the BiA/Recon/Situational Awareness skills.

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

I'd say the new t7 lights will still suck, as most of the tanks in that tier (except t20 and t29, those are awesome).

Maybe the 13 57F will be slightly better since it will meet tier 5s and can literally machinegun them down in like 5s..

type 64 is now officially the king of t6 lights, since everything else has been nerfed in vr and dpm, some tanks got fucked more than others, take a look at the t21, right now it has 128mm of AP penetration for 115 alpha, 2.76s reload with 100% crew and rammer. in 9.18 it will have a whopping 130mm penetration with AP (yes, 2 more millimetres of penetration, that's the "buff") but its reload will be increased by about 1 second, going from 2.2k dpm to 1.7k, and it got its vr nerfed by 10m, from 390m to 380, which means barely reaching 445 with optics and the BiA/Recon/Situational Awareness skills.

I don't know what's the problem. You have to compare it to easy8 and the t21 can't be outright better.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I don't know what's the problem. You have to compare it to easy8 and the t21 can't be outright better.

T21 is the only tank similar to the type 64 and that plays in the same way.

My point was also to show how wg is working with low tiers, like nerfing everything but hey, we buffed the penetration by 2, nice trade isn't it?

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

T21 is the only tank similar to the type 64 and that plays in the same way.

My point was also to show how wg is working with low tiers, like nerfing everything but hey, we buffed the penetration by 2, nice trade isn't it?

I used the easy8 comparison since now they have same mm. You are complaining the tank got nerfed when getting MUCH MUCH better MM not only because of no special light MM but also because of new MM mechanics. 

So given same MM on E8 and t21 now. 

Where E8 is better:

• 400 more dpm (that's a big one)
  • 12 vs 10 gun dep
  • Armor (though it's still not very reliable on e8)

Where t21 is better

• 0.06 better dispersion on moving and track
  • 0.02 better dispersion on turret traverse
  • 9kph better top speed
  • 3kph better reverse
  • Almost 9 better hp/t WITH BETTER terrain resistances
  • 10m better view range.

I say this is balanced. Otherwise Easy 8 would be powercreeped to death

I don't really play low tiers apart from the occasional tier 6 skirmish when I'm bored, so I don't really know low tiers (to me at tier 6 there are only lights, the Cromwell and the O-I, everything else is just a bag of xp and credits for my tier 8s)

Also t6 meta is so fucked up compared to high tiers that I don't really see a difference between a light, a heavy and a medium, they're all just a bunch of pewpew guns..

12 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

I don't really play low tiers apart from the occasional tier 6 skirmish when I'm bored, so I don't really know low tiers (to me at tier 6 there are only lights, the Cromwell and the O-I, everything else is just a bag of xp and credits for my tier 8s)

Also t6 meta is so fucked up compared to high tiers that I don't really see a difference between a light, a heavy and a medium, they're all just a bunch of pewpew guns..

I go back to t6 sometimes where the temporary meta on t8+ gets retarded like all scouts going to valley on lakeville 5 games in a row, 3+ arty every game or simply I'm having a bad streak. Though t21 was never my go to tank. I prefer the Swed med.

All i can think of is the type64 in tier 6 battles... fighting tier 4s... 

15 minutes ago, DHP said:

All i can think of is the type64 in tier 6 battles... fighting tier 4s... 

Was the ELC nerfed since sandbox? Since that was even more broken

I believe so. Don't remember everything but it loose penetration on the 90mm for sure.

So has anyone figured out what happens to the lower tiers? I already put in a ticket to get back my ru 251 and 13 90, and I already have the T-54ltwt and T49 in my garage, so I'm set for some tasty free tank/ later sold for credits action.

However, I also have a crewed chaffee, T37, and bulldog, all with permanent camo from when I used to do tournaments. Will I lose out on the free bulldog from the T49 moving up if I already have one? Will its camo get removed leaving me with gold?

I'm thinking I'm going to sell the bulldog since I'll effectively get it back again for free (then probably sell it again since it's not supposed to be that good), but free gold might be nice.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, NotDeadJustPining said:

So has anyone figured out what happens to the lower tiers? I already put in a ticket to get back my ru 251 and 13 90, and I already have the T-54ltwt and T49 in my garage, so I'm set for some tasty free tank/ later sold for credits action.

However, I also have a crewed chaffee, T37, and bulldog, all with permanent camo from when I used to do tournaments. Will I lose out on the free bulldog from the T49 moving up if I already have one? Will its camo get removed leaving me with gold?

I'm thinking I'm going to sell the bulldog since I'll effectively get it back again for free (then probably sell it again since it's not supposed to be that good), but free gold might be nice.

Thoughts?

Anyone who has the bulldog or LTTB in their garage when the patch hits gets credits as compensation for not getting the tank for free. So there is no point selling them pre-patch

1 minute ago, Kramburglar said:

Anyone who has the bulldog or LTTB in their garage when the patch hits gets credits as compensation for not getting the tank for free. So there is no point selling them pre-patch

That is surprisingly reasonable. I'm stunned Wargaming thought of it. Thanks for the info.

5 minutes ago, NotDeadJustPining said:

That is surprisingly reasonable. I'm stunned Wargaming thought of it. Thanks for the info.

I was shocked as well.  Actually looked it up again before posting to make sure I hadn't imagined it