xWulffx

Itchy Zucchini revamp 2.0

Wow what a big difference a few km range improvement makes.  The bump from 12.9 to 15.3 km range with the 27.5 knot speed. and coupled with the 25 sec reload, it's perdy darn gud now.  It's even faster than several of the tier 4 or less CA's.  Fully upgraded only the Myogi with 18.6 km, SC with 15.7 km, Wyoming with 15.8 km, and Kaiser with16.0 km outranges her at tier or less.  The only two that really stand out to me at tier are: the Myogi - with slightly faster speed 28 knots , and bigger 14" guns which reload slower 33 sec & the Kaiser - with same size guns with but slightly slower reload 26 sec, slower speed 23 knots and great armor.  Neither of those are premiums and the Itchy is a pretty good trainer for my Yammy captain, well worth getting now if you were on the fence before. 

South Carolina out ranges her lmao

Seriously I took mine out also, I didn't use the extra range much but it certainly came in handy the couple times I needed it. Seriously I think the MM should go back now to the way it was since all the low tier ships have better range

Yeah some of these buffs were effective nerfs to the Nikolai, but going back to the original MM is still going to be rough on many of the tier 3 or 4 CA's which are just so out classed by the tier 6's like the Cleveland and Aoba it wouldn't even be fair.

I got one in a Santa Box, played one match and went "ewwwww ..."  detection value over 2k worse than your gun range is not good, especially when you have to get closer than you want to in a lightly armored BC to do your work.

The additional range and the healthy drop in detection range make this a much more effective, even enjoyable, ship to play.  You can now control the engagement a bit, and get the first strike in, and you have the sped to open it back up again against slower BB's at tier.  Your HE will citadel cruisers and you AP will nibble down BB's, but I would avoid a broadside to broadside exchange, you will lose to every tier 4 BB do to your light armor.

The range increase to the Arkansas Beta possibly better than the Nikolai. I have been having some insane games with it. SInce you can only get into T5 match at worst, lot of HP to farm.

I always enjoyed the Sushi – it was (is?) my stat padding ship. Save AP for broadsiding cruisers, fire HE at everything else.

But you are absolutely right, the range change completely changes the ship. Suddenly you can play like an Amagi – kiting away from engagements and actually getting to use your speed for more than just getting close enough to use your guns early.

I've never worked out why everyone rags on the French for running away, going faster in reverse etc when it's the Japanese who built so many ships with more guns on the back that were clearly designed to work best when running away from the enemy, than anyone else.

Do you like battlecruisers?

Can you handle firing HE from a battleship more than usual?

If you answered yes to these questions then the Sushi is a very good boat.

I found out it was cheaper to get the 3K doubloon bundle and buy both the Konig Albert and the Itchy Zuchinni. Of the two the zucchini was immediately the most comfortable straight out of the gate. It's quick for a BB, reload is pretty quick. Armor is lol jk. It does eat CAs quite easily. As Bathoz mentioned I found HE was the better choice against enemy BBs because of the low pen. (Interestingly enough I think the low pen is what makes her so lethal against CAs because I didn't get many overpens, just normal pens or citadels.) The accuracy is pretty awful, but the quick reload kind of offsets that. Overall it felt like a weird blend between a Scharnhorst and a Nagato.

Thanks for the advice guys. :)