Gryphon_

9.18 Test Server Downloading Now

Guy's... Arty is fucking precise.. And when it misses you get an impressive splash radius... It doesn't do much damage anymore but it's also much more rare to miss shots.. 

Watched QBs stream yesterday. 

Arty is so broken devs got to be drunk. Almost mever miss, huge splash and 20 second stun.

I still dont have my free XP and gold.

What the actual fuck WG, how fucking hard it is to fix such a simple bug???? This is next level of retardness

12 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Type 5 Heavy

1) can oneshot them

2) is immune to them from front

:trollface: 

also since lights have mostly low calibre guns your spaced armour+tracks is still going to absorb a tonne of shots

From what i see honestly arty is going to have more reliable games. No more 0 damage games or one shot wonders.. 

11 hours ago, Visn0r said:

Don't forget that T9s do not have camo paint if you had permanent camo bought on t8 :serb: Oh and if you by any chance did grind some XP to have a head start for unlocking t10 from new t9 you can go fuck yourself as all remained on new t8s. I for instance have some 500k useless XP accumulated accross t8 LTs on CT :feelsbad:

I hope the russkies whine hard enough so they will change this retarded setup.

Also the Tier 5 T-50 seems to have retarded DPM on its 45mm: 2.1k base+ it can mount verstabs. It's gone full circle from a rocket with no gun to a slug with a chainsaw.

35 minutes ago, lavawing said:

I hope the russkies whine hard enough so they will change this retarded setup.

Also the Tier 5 T-50 seems to have retarded DPM on its 45mm: 2.1k base+ it can mount verstabs. It's gone full circle from a rocket with no gun to a slug with a chainsaw.

Also interesting to note is the 5cm on the Leopard light and the 7.5cm on the VK 2801 got buffed pen.  Would be nice to see these pen buffs on some other lines in the German tree.

15 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

oh yeah, speaking of which. whats happening with the current tier 4-7 lights? are they getting nerfed to fit +/-2 MM or are they staying the same? or being bumped up a tier or what?

Tiers 5 and 6 got massively shafted hard

They need to reduce stun time when you just a light splash from arta. Right now if you get a direct hit you get 15s, when you get hit from max spalsh distance and take 25damage you get 15s stun also.. Like wtf.. #NoLogic

14 minutes ago, DHP said:

They need to reduce stun time when you just a light splash from arta. Right now if you get a direct hit you get 15s, when you get hit from max spalsh distance and take 25damage you get 15s stun also.. Like wtf.. #NoLogic

Also hiding behind rocks does nothing as stun doesn't care about stuff like that. Arty can just shoot on the other side of the rock and once again you are stunned for 15s.

Just now, RagePrincess said:

Also hiding behind rocks does nothing as stun doesn't care about stuff like that. Arty can just shoot on the other side of the rock and once again you are stunned for 15s.

The worse about this is that this has been adressed like a year ago and nothing has changed, rocks just don't block HE splash and increasing splash range just shows this stupid mechanic even more.

I guess this is official 9.18 discussion topic now, so

Here is my overall opinion on the patch:

Light tanks:

Tier 10 lights are cool. You know something must be well done if I, person who typically hates light tanks, enjoyed them. And no, while obviously Sheridan is my favorite, i enjoyed the others too. I also tried some midtier light tanks too, i actually had fun with them! The scout mm gone is pretty awesome change, i gladly take some nerfs for no scout mm (or no nerfs at all like tier 5 Leopard :trollface: ). I think some of the LTs should get their iconic features back, like derp for VK 2801, or give SP I C's autoloader for HWK 12. I tried ELC btw, and honestly it didnt feel even bad. Only thing that seemed unnecessary was mobility nerf, ELC was all about mobility. They should give its mobility back but other than that, its not even that bad. I just think those ELC fanatics got overly pissed lol.

I find LT changes surprisingly impressive overall. Like i mentioned just give some LTs their traditional features back, aswell as buff midtiers of French line (especially BC 12T - that one seems quite poor). 

Reworked MM:

Its impossible to test it on test server. On plus side, when i played tier 9 arty when i was still unable to research anything, template system indeed worked. Both teams had 5 tier 10s and 10 tier 9s. However, it seems so far bit dissapointing. First of all, LTs are NOT balanced properly, it is common that one team has one more extra LT. While both teams seems to have same amount of arties now they are not equally tiered always. There should be some kind of balance when it comes to MTs and HTs. Maybe not complete mirrors, but 5 HTs and 1 MT vs. 2 HTs and 4 MTs on city map or Prohkorovka is kinda silly. Difference shouldnt be that high, but i dont think complete mirror is necessary. If the 3 - 5 - 7 system actually works then its still massive improvement, because it will make some tiers, especially tier 3, 4, 6 and most importantly, the tier 8, much more playable.

Rechageable consumambles: 

I like the concept, its cool. Just dont give large med/repair kit faster cooldown, thats just another P2W feature. WG pls.

Arty:

Very, very mixed feelings. Did they fix it?

Short answer: no.

Bit longer answer: well technically, they fixed many problems, ability to cause titanic damage or even oneshot by reducing damage and pen. I also think the change made arty generally bit less of a RNG slotteries. However, they made new problems. Stun is annoying, but i dont think its honestly that bad. It feels annoying because EVERY battle is 3 arties on TS(it will be less on live, because im quite sure less people will play arty after next patch). Especially with rechargeable consumambles and little tweaking, it wouldnt be really that annoying at all. Even on current state though, id gladly take the stun over current mechanic. However, the main new problem is the splash radius.

Ability to splash tanks from the move is absolutely stupid. One of the worst things about arty was ability to click things from move, and this makes it way worse especially combined with accuracy and aim time buff. Atleast hitting from move + oneshotting is gone, thank god. 

They really should significantly nerf the bloom on traverse. Like, double it or something, so arty can really only hit stationary targets like it was supposed to be. The stun should be related to amount of damage done IMO. I think they had that kind of system in some of the sandbox phases (i think as far as back in first SB stage on summer). This means that retarded 0 dmg 15 sec stun would be gone. This alone would make stun much more bearable and overall lessen it a bit.

Best option would be still complete removal of the entire class but i think atleast these things should be done before it.

Interestingly enough, superheavies actually now cares much less about arty. If anything, those fear the arty the least of all tanks i think. T92 doing 400 to Maus from direct hits every 45 seconds is quite pathetic indeed. Combine that with new MM system and this patch is actually another quite major buff for Maus and Type 5 Heavy. I think WG reeaaaallly should nerf these tanks now.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:49 AM, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

No more 100mm.  This is now the top gun.

1CUvrNK.png

85 mm was the best gun anyway, and arguably even at the 132.

lower ROF means quite a lot, but not seeing tier X is huge gain. Being able to be top tier even more.

Tank is very strong now, even on the test server with 5+ lights in every match. It is buffed...and maybe the only non-shit tier 7 light now (all the good ones are tier 8 now like M 41).

6 hours ago, Felicius said:

85 mm was the best gun anyway, and arguably even at the 132.

It's unfortunate that the 132 is losing the 85.  I really don't understand why they're simplifying the gun choices on the chinese LTs, the fact that they had two viable choices for their guns made them kind of interesting.

2 hours ago, Spyshadow01 said:

It's unfortunate that the 132 is losing the 85.  I really don't understand why they're simplifying the gun choices on the chinese LTs, the fact that they had two viable choices for their guns made them kind of interesting.

Yup, and it kept the enemies guessing from time to time.

Played a couple of battles in the CGC. Real easymode now, start aiming 6 seconds before reload is done and you're fully aimed once you can take the shot. It's still not the most accurate when fully aimed but doesn't really matter as with the huge HE shell you'll do dmg anyway.

Also saw how bad the stun is. Tried to shoot an enemy that was against 3 allies, shot hit a corner of a building stunning all three teammates and tracking one of them which caused him to die. 

E: btw anyone noticed that when they put the strv S1 on sale they said that it'll be sold until the next patch is released. It says 6 days of sale left in the premium shop.

Playing the kranvagn right now since no one is running lights anyway - just a shit tonne of anime heavies with retarded derps - the fact that most artillery can't even scratch your paint makes this thing hilarious to play - stun or not stun. Sure the reload and gun handling is annoying - but with one or two reds to cover your reload, there's nothing in this game that can dig you out bar Type 5s.

5 minutes ago, hall0 said:

BTW. Does Type 5 HE stun you as well? 

No idea about Type 5 but atleast T49 doesn't. I think it was supposed to be only arty and only large enough caliber arty guns so Fv304 for example can't stun.

Quick question : Do you guy's realise that the Maus and Type5 are going to get buffed next patch with arty change ? 

Just came here from both the official forums and QB's video on the 9.18 changes and...

God, the tears of the splergs losings their cancer-lobbing wagons are absolutely delicios! Especially those that claim that "but muh arta can't into shotgun & defend itself now!".

Hahahahahaha, burn in rotting hell, you dinguses!

Any idea on when this patch is going to go live? I want to finish researching my M41 before it jumps a tier.