lordawesome7

the 3 biggest issues of WoT are being addressed in one single patch

3 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

You are mistaken because you're talking about baddies - they're just bad players. Shitters know shit about game, its mechanics and rules but they're always right especially when saying "learn to avoid arty" or "IS-4 on IX tier was well balanced".

AHHHHHHHH that's what you meant lol

Yeah totally agree with you now they need to be banned

The arty changes I guess can be nice, but it's made arty more threatening for me. I usually play faster tanks, and I don't find it uncommon for shells to land couple meters away from me while I try to juke (as opposed to hitting me). With arty splash being increased and giving a debuff, it's affect my games more consistently since it'll make my play worse. Sure, I can try to play more cautiously, but then I'd be camping 100% of the time.  

Frankly for me, I'd rather be punished for camping at 72 kmph at full health 1 game in 20 than debuffed several times every match even if I don't take significant damage.

Other than that, I welcome the light tank changes and new matchmaking.

Umm, are they introducing the stun mechanics alongside the re-usable consumables? Because if they did one without the other it's going to be hilariously disastrous.

Hurray for no more farming on E100/Mice asses in my T71!

6 hours ago, ZXrage said:

That only holds true until more than 1 arty decides to shoot you. Stunned, repair, then get stunned anyway. it's bloody annoying.

And then you repair again... you have plenty of med/repair kits per game. And only 3 arty per game makes them sit and wait in the queue hopefully long enough that the numbers will drop overall.

1 hour ago, ThomChen114 said:

Umm, are they introducing the stun mechanics alongside the re-usable consumables? Because if they did one without the other it's going to be hilariously disastrous.

Hurray for no more farming on E100/Mice asses in my T71!

yes, they basically go hand in hand

The solution to arty is give them same gravity as other tanks. No more ridic trajectories. Some sort of line of sight needed to shoot. That would pretty much fix the problem. Its one parameter in the xml file for every arty.

The combination of a bunch of tards driving tier X LTs around like PZ1C with 500m view range + faster firing more accurate arty is going to make trying to get a slow tank out of spawn a LOT more exciting :doge:

On the other hand, a lot of herp-derp arty players are going to quit clicking when they can't one shot shit while eating cheetos and fapping.  Plus the 3 arty per game cap should slow down arty ques a bit.

Had a tier X 9 v 3 heavy game tonight, THAT shit needs to be killed with fire

13 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Hey at least medkits fix it and they will have a cooldown. Not ideal but Better than being randomly nuked from the sky imo.

This.

I'd take Sandbox arty all day every day over live, it's a vast improvement. You get hit, you lose 200-300HP, you are stunned for 20s you move back behind a ridge you can carry on with your game, you can use med kits/repair kits to remove stun immediately. 

Playing actively, working spots etc., way less punishing even with 3 arty in the game, 3 arty Prohk on tier 10 I don't want to get spotted because it;s potentially game ending. I played 3 arty Prohk on sandbox in a Leopard 1 and shrugged off like 6 or 7 hits from arty and still had 1k HP. 

4 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

On the other hand, a lot of herp-derp arty players are going to quit clicking when they can't one shot shit while eating cheetos and fapping.  Plus the 3 arty per game cap should slow down arty ques a bit.

Also this.

Most arty scumbags play the class to fuck people over with one shots and high alpha hits, they dance around the room when they pen someone for full damage.

Their T92 doing 300 damage to a Maus is just not going to sit well with them, they'll drop the class like a stoner.

I reckon a month after the patch goes live we'll see arty numbers way down. Only the shitters that play the crap out of the Bert and Bishop will still be playing because it's not change for them. It'll take years for the new players to replace the ones that stop playing and the game will probably be dead by then anyway. 

I'm so pleased they moved these changes up to this patch, I thought we'd have to wait like a year to get sandbox arty into the game

I don't know why you guys are so negative about these changes. I think arty changes will reduce the number of players playing it, since they will loose the slot machine gambling addiction to one shooting players. Arty will become even more boring since they will be doing little to no damage. Sure sadistic assholes will enjoy it but it will be a minority.

MM changes will make lower tier tanks more important and move the game towards more of a chess game, in the sense you will have lots of pawns (tier 8s) some middle important pieces (9s) like rooks, horses, bishops, and finally some queens (10s). We all know that a tier X can destroy a tier 8, but 2 or 3 o those can seriously cripple it. Not only the game might change the importance of target prioritization giving more importance to getting rid of pawns first and allowing your pawns to be more effective in the gameplay. Sure shitters will remain shitters but this is still the game we know so far. Continuing, this will not mean that loosing the queens early on will guarantee a loss for the team, since mid tiers tanks can still carry the game even against higher tiers ( check out Shishx videos about FAME SH when they used teams of only tier 9s, even just for the lols).

On 2017-03-30 at 1:05 PM, Shifty_101st said:

Shitters are what makes us unicums/super unicums.  Let's be honest.  If teams were full of unicums on BOTH sides only @CarbonWard, Decha, @X3N4, @BrettK123, @Vetro, @Oxmathus would be super unicum at some level (first names that come to mind).  Shit they may be the ONLY unicums while the rest of us would be low blues/teals.

Even if everyone was good, you would still have super unicums on the basis of relativity alone.

Maybe that's my inner Kewei speaking but I don't have the slightest doubt that I could dominate average unicums if this game was league based.

But honestly, why would you complain about teams in this game? Yeah it's annoying for a second if your team dies in 3 minutes. Apart from that though the de facto PvE nature of WoT always made the game for me. It's like beating highscores in Tetris, you're just playing against yourself. And that's the toughest opponent there is, right?

Teams are never really a problem for me as I've learned to deal with them.  They're annoying to deal with sometimes but not rage inducing/making me want to quit this game.

To anyone who has played on the test server, what do you think of the tier 10 lights? Looks like things are gonna be perma lit now on more open maps and arty seems to be more balanced.

53 minutes ago, X3N4 said:

Maybe that's my inner Kewei speaking but I don't have the slightest doubt that I could dominate average unicums if this game was league based.

But honestly, why would you complain about teams in this game? Yeah it's annoying for a second if your team dies in 3 minutes. Apart from that though the de facto PvE nature of WoT always made the game for me. It's like beating highscores in Tetris, you're just playing against yourself. And that's the toughest opponent there is, right?

In tetris you dont get tked..........

but yeah i get your point this is the only reason i am playing to self improve and my stupid stubborness is the thing the has pushed me through this. Then again it can be helpful since it has pushed me and still does trough uni.

3 minutes ago, Kolni said:

:babyrage: NA players play against bulba platoons all the time so we should be better at fighting unicums :babyrage: 

:kappa: 

Beware. Adz might actually get 60%+ wr out of this. :serb:

Or the opposite will happen and it will plummet harder.

2 hours ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

lol, so glad I quit playing. I hated the stun affect in SB.

its actually better then it was in SB

stun just makes your crew temporarily act as if dead, so you can still move, just not as well

The fact that prem medkits and repkits repair all modules and have a shorter cooldown time is blatant P2W IMO. They should only give one of those bonuses, not both.