Cup_Of_Soup

Total War: Warhammer 2

I read some rankings of all the Total War games that puts the original Warhammer at either first or second on the list.  Isn't it kind of quick for version 2.0 - why not more DLC I wonder?

45 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I read some rankings of all the Total War games that puts the original Warhammer at either first or second on the list.  Isn't it kind of quick for version 2.0 - why not more DLC I wonder?

It's like Napoleon or Atilla. Basically a stand-alone expansion.

22 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Got it - yeah, that's a sales plan that works for some games too.

5 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Isn't it kind of quick for version 2.0 - why not more DLC I wonder?

Well, the announcement trailer for the first game came out April 2016, the game itself released a year and a month later, no idea if it will be but assuming the same timing, that will put the release of the second game roughly two years after the first, which is long enough to develop a game, but short enough that people stay interested, so I'd say it's about right.

DLC would not quite work out because it needs to go off maps that were created years ago, these factions are all* in a totally different part of the world than those from the first game, and so once you're creating both new maps and new factions it is basically a new total war game.

4 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

The two maps will actually join together, so not entirely stand alone, plus I assume the third game will be out in another two or three years after this releases.

*The rat at the end is undoubtedly one of the smaller cousins of the skaven, and they're literally everywhere

8 hours ago, Storm said:

The two maps will actually join together, so not entirely stand alone, plus I assume the third game will be out in another two or three years after this releases.

*The rat at the end is undoubtedly one of the smaller cousins of the skaven, and they're literally everywhere

I guess it's closer to an old-fashioned expansion pack then. That's pretty cool. I figured it would be closer to fall of the samurai.

16 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

I guess it's closer to an old-fashioned expansion pack then. That's pretty cool. I figured it would be closer to fall of the samurai.

Napoleon was closer to an expansion yet didn't they charge a full game price for it?

Anyway I won't be getting it. Warhammer: TW 1 looked like over rated shit, no reason to doubt this will be anything else.

On 31/03/2017 at 10:14 PM, BiggieD61 said:

It is quick. Bit of a cash grab imho.

On 02/04/2017 at 5:10 AM, MetGreDKo said:

Napoleon was closer to an expansion yet didn't they charge a full game price for it?

Anyway I won't be getting it. Warhammer: TW 1 looked like over rated shit, no reason to doubt this will be anything else.

I didn't find it shit. I didn't play it much though. At the time I was playing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and I just found that to be a vastly better game.

Its a great game just crashes a lot but suspect thats more to do with my shitbarn PC than anything else.