Jump to content
FavreFan4ever

AMX 13 105: The Budget Batchat

Recommended Posts

Bah id get it if it had 2 sec intraclip reload even with the same dpm. 2,7 is a bit too much for me when i play a bat and that is too much for my liking. Then again the fact it has a shorter and smaller clip would force me to play it without forcing it to do the full clip of dmg, like i tend to overdo in my bat with the poor results you can see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.11.2017 at 9:20 PM, hazzgar said:

What's wrong with the tracks on this thing? Every shot tracks it.

Nothing. It has 250 base track health, like every other T10 light. In relation to the whole tank, the tracks are a little bit bigger than on the other lights, maybe that's your issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Nothing. It has 250 base track health, like every other T10 light. In relation to the whole tank, the tracks are a little bit bigger than on the other lights, maybe that's your issue.

Maybe it's their length in relation to the vehicle since the Foch b also has the problem of being tracked when the wind blows too  hard. This really fucks up my 3 marking of the 13 105 as after 3-4 good games I get double tracked by some random snapshot by a red baddie who is in some insanely stupid position

Link to post
Share on other sites

This tank isn’t bad per se but the gun need some kind of buff. I don’t mind the penetration or it’s drop off but it need some kind of accuracy buff or gun handling because getting two shots out of a clip is good and 3 shots is basically a miracle or you’re at 50m shooting someone's side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got IOptics for this and I'm at 507m VR in this. I'm surprised how much differece that little extra vr does. I spot tanks I would not be able to before. Too bad most of the teams are super bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finally having some success with this tank by abandoning vision and camo builds in favor of a gun handling and agility build. 

Vents + VStab + Improved Rotation is the build that Quickybab recommended in a recent vid and the results are worth a try.

However, it gets tough if you are the only light in an all tier 10 battle as you'll almost certainly be outscouted in the wrong situations. For example, dont try to run the 2 line on Prok or the 0 line on Pilsen unless you have a vision and camo build....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 9:28 PM, Gryphon_ said:

I'm finally having some success with this tank by abandoning vision and camo builds in favor of a gun handling and agility build. 

Vents + VStab + Improved Rotation is the build that Quickybab recommended in a recent vid and the results are worth a try.

However, it gets tough if you are the only light in an all tier 10 battle as you'll almost certainly be outscouted in the wrong situations. For example, dont try to run the 2 line on Prok or the 0 line on Pilsen unless you have a vision and camo build....

The success was short-lived. Fuck EBRs and most of those who play them (present company excepted).

On the AMX I went back to my 'full scout' build (LNES, optics, CVS) to make sure that at that start of every game I keep their EBR lit as long as possible while remaining unseen. When he dies, game on. The derpy gun is a small price to pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 5:20 PM, Gryphon_ said:

The success was short-lived. Fuck EBRs and most of those who play them (present company excepted).

On the AMX I went back to my 'full scout' build (LNES, optics, CVS) to make sure that at that start of every game I keep their EBR lit as long as possible while remaining unseen. When he dies, game on. The derpy gun is a small price to pay.

And another change. Now I'm using vents/vstab/optics and making use of bushes to get the camo I need to survive. Result: having more good games as the gun is 'usable' with vents and vert, and the optics preserve ability to scout; however, leaving off the improved rotation for optics means I lose dogfights as a) reload and b) bloom isnt good. "The EBR always wins"...

No easy answers on this tank I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

And another change. Now I'm using vents/vstab/optics and making use of bushes to get the camo I need to survive. Result: having more good games as the gun is 'usable' with vents and vert, and the optics preserve ability to scout; however, leaving off the improved rotation for optics means I lose dogfights as a) reload and b) bloom isnt good. "The EBR always wins"...

No easy answers on this tank I guess.

I’ve switched to CVS/iOptics/LNES. Rule number one is counter the EBR, then win the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sr360 said:

I’ve switched to CVS/iOptics/LNES. Rule number one is counter the EBR, then win the game.

Ok then - as I dont have any improved eqpt, I realized that as there is no rng in vision/camo calcs, I would always lose the spotting game against someone who has that eqpt.

Then I saw a video (below) where a guy used binos instead of optics, so I'm now running CVS/LNES/Binos. Now I can outspot anyone as soon as I'm bushed up. My first session with that build was 7/10 wins, 1300 dpg, 1600 assisted, 3.7 spots/game. I'll try this a little longer...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryphon_ said:

Ok then - as I dont have any improved eqpt, I realized that as there is no rng in vision/camo calcs, I would always lose the spotting game against someone who has that eqpt.

Then I saw a video (below) where a guy used binos instead of optics, so I'm now running CVS/LNES/Binos. Now I can outspot anyone as soon as I'm bushed up. My first session with that build was 7/10 wins, 1300 dpg, 1600 assisted, 3.7 spots/game. I'll try this a little longer...

 

But if you have LNES then you are your own bush! Then having optics lets you explore as you move. But i could see LNES binos builds working. The magic of VR starts around 500 though - that's why every time i get 4k bonds another LT gets purple optics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

But if you have LNES then you are your own bush! Then having optics lets you explore as you move. But i could see LNES binos builds working. The magic of VR starts around 500 though - that's why every time i get 4k bonds another LT gets purple optics.

 

Hmm well a bush is +25% and LNES +6%. But it seems to be working nicely - here is a fair example of how the binos open up the map. Also shows how I had to pause twice to let binos come up to try find the 4005. http://wotreplays.eu/site/5960488

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

 

Hmm well a bush is +25% and LNES +6%. But it seems to be working nicely - here is a fair example of how the binos open up the map. Also shows how I had to pause twice to let binos come up to try find the 4005. http://wotreplays.eu/site/5960488

Here's a game where 499 and being able to spot/burn while moving makes it work. My comment about being one's own bush is about the section in the end where i just sit one the open slowly switching sides to keep all angles spotted.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5933970#fisherman_s_bay-crabeatoff-amx_13_105

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 4:42 PM, CraBeatOff said:

Here's a game where 499 and being able to spot/burn while moving makes it work. My comment about being one's own bush is about the section in the end where i just sit one the open slowly switching sides to keep all angles spotted.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5933970#fisherman_s_bay-crabeatoff-amx_13_105

Nice game. I've just found and upgraded some bounty optics for the 13-105 so I'll alter playstyle to do more on the move spotting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This tank is a prime candidate for bond vertstab. I tried to play it with the full stealth build but lost every fight with any other light who got close, so on went the vstab instead of CVS. I still think it needs -27.5 rather than -20% so I'm saving up 5000 bonds to fix that.

I found an old Ilya Red video on the 13-105 and its still relevant today:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we have Field Mods, this tank is one of the major beneficiaries. Now it's possible to run 2 builds: 

  1. 'Stealth' build (CVS/optics/LNES) - for maps that have lots of bushes and vision is king
  2. 'Streetfighter' build (vents/improved accuracy/vertstab) - for Himmelsdorf and those like it where running build 1 would get you into trouble. (EDIT: after more testing I prefer IA to IRM in this build - cant beat lower dispersion)

You can also run 2 builds of ammo and consumables, making it easy to run food and carry more gold ammo if the lineup looks challenging.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...