Jump to content
Liberty75

T-54 ltwt. Or Another T9 Light?

Recommended Posts

The new tier 10 lights are often discussed at length, but I don't hear much about the tier 9s. I like to have at least one tank of each class at each tier. What are your thoughts on the tier 9 light tanks? Which of these tanks seem like they would be keepers?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are basically the exact same as before with a few minor buffs.

Their MM didn't change at all, they were just moved to the tier their MM used to correspond with. Pretend they are the same old tier8 LT's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

They are basically the exact same as before with a few minor buffs.

Their MM didn't change at all, they were just moved to the tier their MM used to correspond with. Pretend they are the same old tier8 LT's.

So a tank that is no longer available for stronks but is still a worse t54?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

So a tank that is no longer available for stronks but is still a worse t54?

Basically. Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

So a tank that is no longer available for stronks but is still a worse t54?

Great point. I guess their best value will be to fund the new tier 10s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They basically havent changed it except buffing Pen and Health. Though I didnt look at like view range or shit.

However, I SWEAR they made it slightly longer. Its proportions just seem off to me on test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to tanks.gg:

  • Power/weight has been buffed from 22.85 to 32.64 and reverse speed from 20 to 23.
  • Dispersion nerfed from 0.36 to 0.40. Another tank that has 0.40 dispersion is the T29, so this is very bad. However, the bloom is phenomenal at 0.08 when moving and 0.06 on turret traverse.
  • View range increased from 390 to 410 m.
  • Penetration increased from 175 to 208. APCR pen is unchanged, though.
  • DPM increased from 2085.71 to 2300.42.
  • Health increased by 50.

It seems to specialize in brawling enemy lights, scouting, taking out arty, and flanking. No more chai, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

132A now has a 320 alfa gun with higher dpm than the T-100 lt but is slower in every way than the 54l'wt. strange times

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

They basically havent changed it except buffing Pen and Health. Though I didnt look at like view range or shit.

However, I SWEAR they made it slightly longer. Its proportions just seem off to me on test.

The hull is flatter but the turret more bulbous- which translates into larger proportions of the cheeks being vulnerable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mureke said:

According to tanks.gg:

  • Power/weight has been buffed from 22.85 to 32.64 and reverse speed from 20 to 23.
  • Dispersion nerfed from 0.36 to 0.40. Another tank that has 0.40 dispersion is the T29, so this is very bad. However, the bloom is phenomenal at 0.08 when moving and 0.06 on turret traverse.
  • View range increased from 390 to 410 m.
  • Penetration increased from 175 to 208. APCR pen is unchanged, though.
  • DPM increased from 2085.71 to 2300.42.
  • Health increased by 50.

It seems to specialize in brawling enemy lights, scouting, taking out arty, and flanking. No more chai, I guess.

The pen is a joke. I know this should flank but they should buff the prem pen to 260-280. 230 means a sligtly angled is7,e100, jpe100, maus, type4/5 will bounce a ton of shots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

The pen is a joke. I know this should flank but they should buff the prem pen to 260-280. 230 means a sligtly angled is7,e100, jpe100, maus, type4/5 will bounce a ton of shots. 

I think you misspelled "literally immune to damage" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

The pen is a joke. I know this should flank but they should buff the prem pen to 260-280. 230 means a sligtly angled is7,e100, jpe100, maus, type4/5 will bounce a ton of shots. 

Rather than a problem of the 54 ltwt per se, I think this reflects the current corridor maps and the overbuffing of superheavies. The ltwt can easily outspot and outrun those tanks.

One-on-one, the ltwt can't run circles around them if the maps are too confined. Also, if arty won't be able to hurt heavy armor at all, the usefulness of scouts will be diminished.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

I think you misspelled "literally immune to damage" 

You will get those random pens where you will ask yourself how did that pen. Kind of like frontally snapshoting a t29 in an oi for full dmg. 

 

22 minutes ago, Mureke said:

Rather than a problem of the 54 ltwt per se, I think this reflects the current corridor maps and the overbuffing of superheavies. The ltwt can easily outspot and outrun those tanks.

One-on-one, the ltwt can't run circles around them if the maps are too confined. Also, if arty won't be able to hurt heavy armor at all, the usefulness of scouts will be diminished.

Not really. Even on an open map many heavies, not even super heavies will bounce 235pen from the sides if it's not perfect angle if you are at range since the gun is super innacurate. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Not really. Even on an open map many heavies, not even super heavies will bounce 235pen from the sides if it's not perfect angle if you are at range since the gun is super innacurate.

My point was the the ltwt is not supposed to engage top tier heavies at range. It's supposed to either spot for TDs and arty, or it can circle heavies if they're caught alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mureke said:

My point was the the ltwt is not supposed to engage top tier heavies at range. It's supposed to either spot for TDs and arty, or it can circle heavies if they're caught alone.

If all your tank can do is spot or circle them at close range then you have a tank that will be useless for most of the game. Your tank should be able to perform other roles even if worse than it's peers from other classes.

 

As for superheavies they are a class that's problematic for the game imho. Super slow tanks are bad without platoon mates since without corridors they are super vulnerable even if annoying to fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the light tanks have been nerfed a bit, what are your thoughts on which is the best tier 9 light tank? From my limited experience on the test server, I would put the WZ-132A and RU tied for first, then depending on your play style I would have the T49, 13 90 and the T54-Ltwt bunched together. Although, I see a lot of T49s being played on the test server derping the heck out of people.

 

How would you rate the tier 8 lights now as well (for strongholds, CW, and/or pubs)? The nerfed bulldog seems lackluster now with the autoloader (yeah, it was OP with the 10 shots). The other tier VIII 76 gun is good enough to make it work though. The LTTB is alright. It feels the same as before to me. The HWK is an improved SP1C. It has the best view range, but is an eyesore to look at. The B-C 12t is, well, fun. Of the 5 lights at tier 8, I had the most fun playing the 12t. My old favorite, the WZ-132, seems different now. Even the model looks different. They took off the rolled up tarp on the back of the turret and put a rolled up camo net on the turret of the tier 9 WZ-132A.

My experience with all of these tanks has only been limited to a few games each so I would love to hear your thoughts about both the tier 8 and 9 light tanks after the nerf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liberty75 said:

Now that the light tanks have been nerfed a bit, what are your thoughts on which is the best tier 9 light tank? From my limited experience on the test server, I would put the WZ-132A and RU tied for first, then depending on your play style I would have the T49, 13 90 and the T54-Ltwt bunched together. Although, I see a lot of T49s being played on the test server derping the heck out of people.

 

How would you rate the tier 8 lights now as well (for strongholds, CW, and/or pubs)? The nerfed bulldog seems lackluster now with the autoloader (yeah, it was OP with the 10 shots). The other tier VIII 76 gun is good enough to make it work though. The LTTB is alright. It feels the same as before to me. The HWK is an improved SP1C. It has the best view range, but is an eyesore to look at. The B-C 12t is, well, fun. Of the 5 lights at tier 8, I had the most fun playing the 12t. My old favorite, the WZ-132, seems different now. Even the model looks different. They took off the rolled up tarp on the back of the turret and put a rolled up camo net on the turret of the tier 9 WZ-132A.

My experience with all of these tanks has only been limited to a few games each so I would love to hear your thoughts about both the tier 8 and 9 light tanks after the nerf.

I don't know about tier 9s, but there will be only one tier 8 light tank remaining for me after the patch hits. That is, of course, the mighty Blackdog. The poor nerfed little P.O.S.'s in the tech tree won't stand a chance against the one true king. It's kind of sad really, but none of the other tier 8's look remotely worth playing, while the Blackdog looks like it may have the highest dpm of all LTs, lel (I may be wrong, I haven't actually done a direct comparison)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

I don't know about tier 9s, but there will be only one tier 8 light tank remaining for me after the patch hits. That is, of course, the mighty Blackdog. The poor nerfed little P.O.S.'s in the tech tree won't stand a chance against the one true king. It's kind of sad really, but none of the other tier 8's look remotely worth playing, while the Blackdog looks like it may have the highest dpm of all LTs, lel (I may be wrong, I haven't actually done a direct comparison)

The German M 41 90 is going to be much nicer than the other 5 non-premium lights. If anyone grabbed the German light premium, they are going to be in for a treat. It does have the highest dpm, it is tied with the HWK for alpha (240) and pen and just below the WZ (250) in those categories, and it has one of the best aim times. Now that you made me think of it, I may not keep any of the tier 8 lights except for maybe the B-C 12t. The Blackdog, as you call it, is essentially a tier 9 light now with the tier 8 designation.

I was going to free xp past some of the tier 9s, but I may have to play them out to get a feel for them. I'm a horrible light tank player, so this might be an exercise in frustration. It will depend on my mood and how rng is treating me at that moment. ;) 

I'm guessing the update is coming out this week from the Meathead video released on Friday. If I have anything to contribute about the 9s after they are released, I'll post it here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be forced to eat my words on the T54 ltwt. It felt sluggish to me before the patch, but has gained 300 horsepower now. Only complaint I actually have is the ammo count, almost ran out of shells carrying my socks off first game in it after the patch. It's too bad I have no real desire for the T-100, I may just keep the ltwt for fun now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

T54lwt feels good to play but the gun isnt great, accuracy is poor and the pen for the premium round is only 225 - which is a tough sell at tier 9. I just lost a battle because I had 3 cappers on my cap, all low hp heavies: Lowe, T10 and E100, and they bounced all my stuff easy, even the gold

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...