lordawesome7

so despite the major DPM nerfs of the new tier X light tanks, i still seem to do well in them

i know some 5 games aren't solid representative data and killing RU players are stupid easy, but regardless of these things, i still had some decent games in the Sheridan and the T 100, the 2 tier X light tanks im the most interested in and despite the power nerfs of them, i still think they are pretty good

the accuracy nerf on the T 100 made it feel less OP while still maintaining that insane gun handling, so its almost like its always .46 with nearly no bloom and since its russian, it has solid RNG armor which i used to mess around in prok and still do the best on my team; its insane camo is also very useful when you are trying to passive spot, despite its low view range, the crew and optic buffs more then make up for it, especially when you consider its camo

the Sheridan despite its DPM nerf still puts out solid DPM for its mobility and its actually easier to catch people off guard then i thought (though its RU players, take that with a grain of salt)

im not sure if i can upload CT replays to wot replays and i'll edit it them in later if i can, but here are some screenshots of my performance

Sheridan: 

4Tzspqn.jpg

TaWEa9Q.jpg

T 100:

rGUt2Kq.jpg

xKW3vsh.jpg

wnhK3TI.jpg

also on a side note, i think the german light needs some better raw dispersion because .35 is pretty poor and the gun handling is atrocious, while it has good P/W ratio and gun depression, i can't imagine it being more practical then the sheridan overall except for faster, sneaky attack though its gun handling will let it down too much compared to the sheridan which has much better gun handling http://tanks.gg/v0918ct/tank/rhm-pzw/stats?cl=000000&cs=sheridan

and why does WG hate french lights, i knew they were bad before, but at least the 13 90 had good camo and a meaty clip, now the 13 105 has the 2nd highest camo of iter X scouts, so T 100 (which is also faster) can do LT 15 more easily and it has a more reliable gun, 105 only has 3 shots which is pretty piss poor, especially now since the alpha was nerfed, its already poor burst is now even weaker and the BC 12 T is also under performing overall compared to its peers and doesn't power up much at all compared to the 13 75 which is a pen under in any noticeable way besides some better pen and mobility, but has worse gun handling and DPM, comparatively, the 12t doesn't do significantly more then its tier 7 counterpart which is abnormal for the worst http://tanks.gg/v0918ct/tank/b-c-12-t/stats?cs=amx-13-75

overall the firepower nerfs are reasonable, but the german and french LTs need to be re thought for the better instead of being as mediocre as they currently are (more so the french then the german LT), please discuss, i love the idea of tier X scouts and the changes bound in 9.18 (i can't stop singing praise, I've been waiting for this stuff for so long)

3 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

and why does WG hate french lights

WG seems to not only hate French lights, but French cruisers also

also some tier X lights now have 390m view range... IS-7 has 400m

46d2efc05199c2d65ea89ca6ae3e40948398c9b1

2 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

i haven't gotten too much into WoWS but i see that being a thing

46 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

also some tier X lights now have 390m view range... IS-7 has 400m

46d2efc05199c2d65ea89ca6ae3e40948398c9b1

I'd be okay with lights having less viewrange IF they gave a bonus to optics for lights where it gave +25% viewrange instead of +10%.  That way they'd still have great viewrange, but only if they specced for it with equipment, which is supposedly why WG did this.

43 minutes ago, Kramburglar said:

I'd be okay with lights having less viewrange IF they gave a bonus to optics for lights where it gave +25% viewrange instead of +10%.  That way they'd still have great viewrange, but only if they specced for it with equipment, which is supposedly why WG did this.

honestly only the T 100 should have such poor view range to counter balance its crazy camo and low profile

im not sure why the 13 105 has 390 view range, it isn't half as good as the T 100 besides 6 seconds worth of burst

amx 105 went from fun to why bother

T-100 went from, wow this sucks in every way apart from agility/gun handling to god awful in every way apart from agility/gun handling. Shittiest regular/prem ammo by a massive margin + .46 acc. Hah, good joke.

Sheridan wasn't changed too much. Kinda meh.

Pz wasn't changed too much, but it already was just a worse Sheridan with better acc. So meh

I never really liked the china LT much because I cant stand -5 gun dep on tanks that move so damn quickly. Feels like -3 with how much terrain will screw up your aim.

Aaaaand alpha nerf across the board.

Tier10 LT's are kill

19 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

T-100 went from, wow this sucks in every way apart from agility/gun handling to god awful in every way apart from agility/gun handling. Shittiest regular/prem ammo by a massive margin + .46 acc. Hah, good joke.

Pz wasn't changed too much, but it already was just a worse Sheridan with better acc. So meh

I never really liked the china LT much because I cant stand -5 gun dep on tanks that move so damn quickly. Feels like -3 with how much terrain will screw up your aim.

Tier10 LT's are kill

hi dood

Starting to get more excited about the new LT MM for the existing tiers, and not the tier 10s. Type 64 and the bulldog are looking to be contender for the OPness.

16 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Tier10 LT's are kill

Why?  Just why?

I was getting psyched for the new LTs, I was actually looking forward to playing again.  Guess that's what I get for getting my hopes up.

10 hours ago, Tankthief said:

Starting to get more excited about the new LT MM for the existing tiers, and not the tier 10s. Type 64 and the bulldog are looking to be contender for the OPness.

Bulldog has been deeply gimped.  Type, though, looks to be good, and Blackdog looks to be even better.  

Type 62 - still with 390 view range - is now looking pretty good seeing as the rest of the lights have had a VR nerf (and how stupid is that...?)

4 hours ago, Griphos said:

Bulldog has been deeply gimped.  Type, though, looks to be good, and Blackdog looks to be even better.  

Why gimped? Last time i check it changed the alpha dmg for better and not facing tier 10s anymore. Did it get nerfed?

15 hours ago, Tankthief said:

Why gimped? Last time i check it changed the alpha dmg for better and not facing tier 10s anymore. Did it get nerfed?

It sees T10 after the update.  It moves up to T8, keeps the same pen and alpha and view range, but loses 4 rounds in the clip with only a couple second less reload time.  So, now it has only about 1300 dpm with the autoloader, or about 1000 dpm less than the single shot gun.  I call that deeply gimped.  

Most of the lights, both old and new, have been nerfed in the latest edition of the CT.  Perhaps they won't stay nerfed, but it's looking like they will.  

2 hours ago, Tankthief said:

Its autoloading gun does not have increased alpha, and had the amount of shots in its clip reduced from 10 to 6 but it still has its ~35 second clip reload time.

The non-autoloading gun, which did get an alpha increase, also got its reload nerfed, so its DPM is effectively the same.

edit: according to tanks.gg, it can mount a rammer now though, so there's that I guess.  It's still a pretty heavy hit to a tank I was very much looking forward to.

updated my CT client and played a few games:

Didn't do anything to crew skills, i just retrained the crews to the new t10s (wanted to recreate a realistic loadout).

Played mainly 13 105 because it's the only LT i'm really interested in, and ho-lee shit the thing was nerfed.

I don't mind the lower alpha, this thing didn't clip full tanks even before the nerf. but damn, 390 base vr is just horrid, you get outspotted by pretty much anything at that tier. and my god the ammo count is so low, on 2 games i actually ended up having only 2-3 shells and it's not fun when it happens 4 minutes into the game. Still, i had fun in that tank, the mobility and the handling still feel good (compared to the usual french trash handling) and it's still fun zipping around the map dumping 3x360 into an enemy and run away to reload..

Played also the sheridan for a couple of games: didn't feel like it was nerfed, still retains the best vr among t10 lights (with the RHM thingy), still solid gun (talking about the 105), still able to deal good amounts of damage and scout in early/late stages.

Tried also a few lower tier LTs, and my guess is that the m41 wb will rule the future CW meta (with the 170 alpha gun), it's the only LT that has some vr to work with along with its black brother, and imo there will be a USA meds invasion (t69 and pershing retain their 400m base vr), maybe we'll start to see more 416s around (bad vr but camo, dpm, handling and lolheat)

also type 64 is amazeballs now with the vstab, i expect a nerf incoming (maybe it will get removed from the shop)

Type 62 is still crap even when top tier, i really don't know what made me buy the tank when i saw it in the shop last year.

WG are just retarded. I read on reddit a comment about someone at WG thinking that camo on the move trumps everything else. So lights must be nerfed. Fuck WG and fuck their shitty game. Nearly a month of no play but was thinking I would come back for the lights but no. Add to this the fact that they are letting their servers go to shit and I am happy I am finally over this game.

I think I might still go for the T-100 LT just for the LOLs because of that mobility. 48 hp/ton, excellent traverse, 72 kph top speed, 25 backwards and a very low profile. It's probably the closest thing in the game to the old T-50-2. So probably going to get it to whizz around and annoy people who keep missing you or sidehug giant tanks.