FlorbFnarb

Let's talk mice/mouses/meese

1 hour ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Looking at a g502 right now at Best Buy, $60.  Think I might go with that.

There's a g900 here too, and it oooks nice, but $150 is way out of my range for a mouse.  They have a few Razers here, plus a few Corsairs and a Steelseries, but the g502 seems nice.

Bestbuy generally has higher prices. Try to pricematch other places (can see from pcpartpicker). I also can't stress how important comfort is. I used to use a steelseries sensei raw but it would hurt my wrists after prolonged use.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

Bestbuy generally has higher prices. Try to pricematch other places (can see from pcpartpicker). I also can't stress how important comfort is. I used to use a steelseries sensei raw but it would hurt my wrists after prolonged use.

They had the same price as Amazon.

52 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Ask very nicely if you can take it out of the box and feel it before you buy it. That's what I did with my headset.

They had one on display.

49 minutes ago, Vetro said:

Everyone saying no wireless mice, but you're not with the times. The G900 in wireless mode actually beats particular wired mice in input lag and accuracy. Do some research before throwing out bad advice. 

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2418-logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-review-and-in-depth-analysis

Yeah, but at that price it better.  It was like $150.

2 hours ago, Vetro said:

Everyone saying no wireless mice, but you're not with the times. The G900 in wireless mode actually beats particular wired mice in input lag and accuracy. Do some research before throwing out bad advice. 

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2418-logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-review-and-in-depth-analysis

yeah, but to get that sort of performance it costs a lot. at his price point wired mice would be far better. 

Personally, I've been using the G502 ever since it came out. It's got a lot of little functions that look cool and make you feel super technical, but it matters a lot less than how it feels. The buttons are pretty cool tho :minidoge:

There's a Corsair mouse that is a sister peripheral to the Vengeance K70 keyboard. It's somewhat similar to the G502, but it's wider and only has a sniper slow-dpi button. No lights either, but mechanically it feels good. 

14 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

yeah, but to get that sort of performance it costs a lot. at his price point wired mice would be far better. 

Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of $$$ on a mouse.

13 hours ago, datboi said:

Personally, I've been using the G502 ever since it came out. It's got a lot of little functions that look cool and make you feel super technical, but it matters a lot less than how it feels. The buttons are pretty cool tho :minidoge:

There's a Corsair mouse that is a sister peripheral to the Vengeance K70 keyboard. It's somewhat similar to the G502, but it's wider and only has a sniper slow-dpi button. No lights either, but mechanically it feels good. 

Hand comfort and precision are what was looking for.  The 502 did me right last night.   I'll have to try WoT and WoWs tonight,

5 minutes ago, Aquavolt said:

g403 wireless master race

wireless is heaven i would never go back to wired

I did wireless for a long time, but once it started glitching, that was it.  Done for.  I haven't even noticed the wire on this one.

Just now, FlorbFnarb said:

I did wireless for a long time, but once it started glitching, that was it.  Done for.  I haven't even noticed the wire on this one.

if you cant notice the wire dragging along your desk then dont bother with wireless.

the main reason i went with wireless was due to the g400s cord starting to snag on the end of my desk. i could feel the resistance when moving my mouse left or right and it was a huge pain in the ass. learned the g403 uses the same tech as the g900. excellent in latency and response rate against competitor wired mice.

the battery lasts a surprisingly long time too. with lights enabled it'll go for about 2 days of gaming before needing to recharge. i just plug it in before i go to bed every other day. 

but like i said, if you literally cannot notice the wire like i did for my entire life until it started snagging, then go wired. maybe g403 wired? 100 bucks is quite a bit for a mouse anyways.

I don't know if you play any FPS but you might wanna have a look at this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

Basically, not all mice have flawless sensors and some have negative/positive acceleration and at certain DPI levels. But if all you play is WoT then that is irrelevant because that game requires close to no aiming.

42 minutes ago, Perenthis said:

I don't know if you play any FPS but you might wanna have a look at this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

Basically, not all mice have flawless sensors and some have negative/positive acceleration and at certain DPI levels. But if all you play is WoT then that is irrelevant because that game requires close to no aiming.

Right now I'm tinkering with Skyrim more than anything, and use an Xbox controller for that, so the mouse isn't even relevant.  I noticed it when I was playing Supreme Commander 2, and it was causing issues there with the freezing.  I'd have been really hot if it had made me lose a WoT match.

22 hours ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

I don't recommend wireless mouses, they may act wierd or have a delay at random moments. 

The mouse I and many other players that I know use the Logitech G502 (I meant G502, search it up sry) - $50 https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA4RE38P6974?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile-_-pla-_-Gaming+Mice-_-9SIA4RE38P6974&gclid=CKj_85P-l9MCFc-2wAodB8EB6A&gclsrc=aw.ds

It is wired, has 8 buttons tactically placed for a sleek design that can be programable. Not only that but it has lights :O and weights that can be removed or added onto the bottom of the mouse for personal preference. Plus DPI options 

I've had the G502 for around a couple of weeks now, some of the things I like are it's shape/size (though I don't know how large my hands are in comparison to other people), accurate sensor (liftoff distance is pretty low, which is good but I would rather have the option to configure it manually), fast click response, and unlockable scroll wheel.

I don't particularly care about the rgb or having a hold to toggle dpi button since I almost never change my dpi out of 400 for anything, and honestly who cares about lighting. Mouse feet aren't too special either, but I was disappointed that the mouse didn't come with any extras.

Some of the things I don't like are the weight, which feels too heavy even with all the weights removed and has resulted in a number of annoying quirks; for example I will occasionally left click by accident when quickly lifting/moving the mouse and setting it back down due to the sensitive mouse buttons combined with the weight, something you don't want to happen when you're trying to quietly clear angles in a clutch situation. Another thing I don't like is the mouse cord which feels very stiff, so much that it makes it hard to do slight aim adjustments in certain situations. I'm not sure if there's any solutions to this problem, but I heard that a mouse bungee might help.

All in all a decent mouse, when my WoT razer deathadder died about a month back I originally went and got a corsair sabre rgb. That was a mistake, and after 2 weeks of trying to make it work I gave up and exchanged it for the G502. Corsair makes decent hardware but the config tool for the mouse was awful, I'm not sure if it was that or the firmware but half the settings never worked (hovercraft-tier liftoff height ayy), it had a 16ms click lag, and the mouse would revert to default config if you closed the utility. Also the shape was weird af, it felt like I was trying to fondle a fat chick's lumpy tit or something.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:14 PM, Assassin7 said:

Wireless mice for games are generally undesireable because of input lag+signal drops, but there are some good ones out there (though probably expensive) 

That was true 5 years ago, but according to plenty of logitech wireless mouse users there aren't any noticeable issues now days.

On 4/10/2017 at 4:48 AM, Vetro said:

I've been using a G900 in wireless mode and can't tell the difference between it and a wired G502. G900 is really pricey, but nothing beats a wireless mouse with wired performance. Even in CSGO, I've been getting some crisp clean locks so I definitely recommend. 

>LEM tier pre-aiming

CRISP

CLEAN
LOCK BOIS

Been a g502 user since 2015. Great mouse but the scroll wheel is epically terrible. So are the mouse feet which use cheap glue and tend to peel in conjuction with certain mousepads. 

Has the rgb version addressed any of these issues?

On 4/12/2017 at 5:18 AM, Sapros said:

Been a g502 user since 2015. Great mouse but the scroll wheel is epically terrible. So are the mouse feet which use cheap glue and tend to peel in conjuction with certain mousepads. 

I really like the scroll wheel.  It feels very solid.

On 4/12/2017 at 4:18 AM, Sapros said:

I've had one a bit longer than you, and none of the problems. I love the unlockable scrollwheel. What surfaces do you use? The top of my desk is lightly finished wood, not particularly smooth or flat, but the feet are still fine. 

I don't personally have a problem with the feet, but a whole bunch of people do. Web's full of them.

As for the scroll wheel being terrible, it's something a lot of reviewers warn about. Its noise, its feel/texture, and the way it wobbles on fast movements seem to be the main culprits.

I've always used a 570 trackball for gaming (ball is manipulated with your thumb). Is that a detriment to killing red thingies? I've really no basis for comparison 

I prefer/use Corsair M65 series gaming mice.  Good heft/feel, very smooth, fit my hand well, and has buttons in the right places...

You can find them for about $40 on Amazon and other places as well.

I'm using a Deathadder as well, it's not fancy but feels comfortable and nicely weighted.

Plus it had a bonus Panzer 4 hydro code with it too when I bought it.  :)

got a G403. everything about is excellent: the buttons, the sensor, the cable, the software, as you would expect for this price, but the mouse is quite large, and even though the shape is great, my 19cm hand just aches for a smaller mouse that I can fingertip grip if I want to

probably going to return this and get the smaller Abyssus 2014 instead that is on sale for half the price of the G403 even though it needs the razer synapse bloatware to operate properly and is lacking in other aspects as well, but the shape and size are just too good for me to pass