CannotIntoE100

How to play jagdtiger 8.8 in the current state of the game?

I used to love this tank back in the day when I bought it and havent played much wot for the last year so this might just be me or all the guns that have 220+ Pen these days that prevent me from playing this thing as agressively as I used to play.

But how do you play the jt88 these days? 
Maybe its just the 5x weekend that is a bad time to play outdated premiums but I went from averaging 1300 dmg to barely 600 dmg in the thing am I just bad at the tank now or is the 203 pen and hull armor not that good anymore?

Of course many have said just go hulldown and mow down enemies, however I cant seem to find that many hulldown spots these days, and good luck doing anything when theres a defender coming your way.

Thank you for your time.

I don't see that many JT88's anymore because they don't fit that well in the game these days.

Most premiums you'll run into now such as the Skorpion, Defender/252u, Patriot/E5, M4 49, STRV S1 will just slaughter that thing.  Only tanks that won't manhandle it are other tier 8 pref MM tanks such as the IS6, 112, T343, etc. but that only applies at range.

Personally I'd leave that tank alone for now.  The JT88 was never really amazing to begin with but now it is basically obsolete.

JT88 got power creeped HARD 

the JT88 is hardly a threat in almost every circumstance i can think of. 

it has no speed, no armor, no concealment, no turret, no alpha, no pen and no place in the current meta.

aside from it being pref matchmaking, WG saw no point in selling this tank except on special occasions

idk, felt pretty good to me, even 3 moe'd it randomly when I was playing it for fun back in 2016

tVDHgu7.jpg

After they introduced new t8 prems, DERP Jap heavies, and mini maus's. It really did get powercreeped, the armor was sufficient, the gun was amazing to spam and perma track people. You really need to know the weakspots of other tanks if you wanted to hulldown with this, and when it did, it was great. Majority of games I would hulldown was to find an enemy/ally corpse and make due with that, be creative :D

right click, sell.

JT had no place a year and a half ago, when it was buffed.

Now it's even worse since anything will just tap the 2 key and go through your superstructure, it's too sluggish to prevent heavies from circling you, and the new prems just laugh at 203 pen (not that the apcr is better, 237 is laughable too)..

So yeah, just sell it and enjoy the credits.

It's only useful on a few select maps, and you have to have scouting or support so you don't get over run.  Many of the newer tier 8s will pen it frontally where many could not 2 years ago.  Other than making credits it's really rough to play. 

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

I remember when 203 pen was already pretty good for a tier 8 pref :feelsbad:

I remember when 110 wasn't considered horseshit in every way, ARL44's upper plate wasn't butter, and everyone was infatuated with the Toaster's mighty erection

Hands up for those who are nostalgic about 2013 (fuck earlier than that) *raises beer*

Jt88 got kinda power creeped by all the op t8 prems

However that being said, its still a fun tank if you get into a good matchup and you can perma track people, even if they have a good repair crew. Hulldown is possible against most of the Defender/Patriot/Liberte, they may get through your superstructure with a high pen roll on gold rounds iirc, but still possible

It does make good credits still, but I would rather play the OP D/P/L trio tbh. All in all, if you want something funny to play that makes credits but you don't mind it being uncompetetive it is a good choice

I use rammer optics vents btw, i find its not really worth to put a spall liner, and with my 100% repair + vr skills i rather be able hose down/spot targets for myself.

2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

How to make 110 balanced: Give IS-3 gun handling. 

How to make JT88 balanced, buff everything.

The 8.8 needs heavium mobility and Soviet med levels of turning speed.

As for the 110, even with IS-3 handling it's just a bad IS-3, so it probably needs a turret buff and a mobility buff to 4502A levels

5 minutes ago, lavawing said:

The 8.8 needs heavium mobility and Soviet med levels of turning speed.

As for the 110, even with IS-3 handling it's just a bad IS-3, so it probably needs a turret buff and a mobility buff to 4502A levels

Not going to bother responding to JT88.

110 is alright. The only issue i had with it was its stupid aim time and dispersion which meant that it took ages for me to aim onto a tank, let alone a weakspot. I enjoyed playing the 110, it worked really well until you had to shoot over 100m after moving fast.

5 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Different tank tho. It will prolly be like what the Defender is to the IS-6

do you really want the short 128 on a pref mm tank that sees mostly t6s and has some kind of armour?
that'd be retarded.

you may say: "but skorpion g has the same gun"

yes but skorpion has shit camo and is made of cardboard, jt bounces a lot of shells from pubbies so it could reliably shut down entire flanks (t8 E3? hello?)

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

do you really want the short 128 on a pref mm tank that sees mostly t6s and has some kind of armour?
that'd be retarded.

you may say: "but skorpion g has the same gun"

yes but skorpion has shit camo and is made of cardboard, jt bounces a lot of shells from pubbies so it could reliably shut down entire flanks (t8 E3? hello?)

Yeah that would be stupid. They should either buff pen or simply give it Tiger II top gun.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah that would be stupid. They should either buff pen or simply give it Tiger II top gun.

APCR buff and speed buff would be nice, because you have decent armor and only LTs can flank you. Now it's pain in the ass when every shit can circle you.... 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

APCR buff and speed buff would be nice, because you have decent armor and only LTs can flank you. Now it's pain in the ass when every shit can circle you.... 

I doubt WG even realises that non turreted TDs are bad. They've left the French TDs in the sorry state they are since forever, and the same goes for the Brit AT line. And even if they realise something's wrong, I'm not sure if they'd care, since new lines and new prems are where the $$ is at.

I can't see them giving the Jagdtiger 88 a bigger gun. It wouldn't be the same tank anymore and the name sort of implies that there would be an 88. If they really want to buff the gun simply giving it better shells to fire like they did with the 90mm on the T26E4 would be sufficient. The mobility could be remedied with a faster track traverse, better ground resistances and maybe the VK 45.02 A's top engine if that isn't good enough. Honestly I think similar mobility buffs could be applied to the Tiger II. Obviously they shouldn't be as mobile as the VK 45.02 A, but they should be a lot more nimble considering the level of armour they have, even if it were to be buffed a bit.

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

I doubt WG even realises that non turreted TDs are bad. They've left the French TDs in the sorry state they are since forever, and the same goes for the Brit AT line. And even if they realise something's wrong, I'm not sure if they'd care, since new lines and new prems are where the $$ is at.

I know, at least some like Ferdy have some firepower to counter meta. This literally have nothing besides crazy ROF/DPM (which is useless for heavily armored almost every tank now).

32 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Meanwhile a 263 circles a medium.

RUSSIA.