TanksR_Epic2

The 175 pen tier 8s

6 hours ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Don't play pref 8, only play patriot/liberte/defender :doge:With how good they are its actually almost as easy to win as in pref 8, but then again I still have 66%wr in is-6 over 3k battles :kappa:

Unless it's a really tall pref 8 like Mutant 6.

Have yet to test a KV-5 vs 252U if the 167-pen AP can go through their rooftops.

Just avoid them unless they play bad and show their side, good players in a 252U won't consider is IS6 a threat since they can auto pen it basically without taking any damage. Keep the IS6 for money making though!

Even just tracking the 252U and letting your allies shoot them will yield good results mostly, IS6 is really for shitting on tier 6s and 7s but sucks at t8 or nein

I still like my kv-5 D:

There are times where i spam shitton of apcr but it doesnt matter, i can still make credits with it. I almost always go to flanks where i can bully mediums and avoid their retarded, heavily armored heavies.

I never played it before Patriot and Liberte were a thing, but i still do pretty well in it.

Tho yea i think they should buff its pen to 190/235 or something. Or maybe give it option to mount two different guns: current gun with slight pen buffs and then KV-4 gun, with less DPM than the current gun.

9 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

If wg wants to get rid of pref mm tanks, why putting a lot of them back in the tech tree after buffing them?

Money. Because you need gold and most likely you'll buy some to get preffMM tank. 

IMHO IS-6 is still steong if you meat shitty tanks. You have capitalize every game when you are top and do as best you can when you facing Liberte, 252U, Type4 and stuff.

14 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

ps: yes, this includes SP and 112, 1: they are overrated, 2: they need almost full gold spam, which means you make almost no credits, i make more afking in the base with my lowe as you while carrying shit teams with a SP-APCR

Won't comment on the SP since I haven't played it lately but as someone who's recently had the 112 at 100% MoE I just can't agree on it requiring full gold spam or it being unprofitable.

IS-6/112 are still powerful tanks, they're just not as idiot proof as they used to be.

Sp right now doesn't need a lot of apcr, I'm sitting at 92% on marks and since I got the second one I'm carrying a 50/50 split and I rarely use apcr.

Out of all the pref mm tanks, it's the only one that can do well without premium spam.

112 and is6 are still bullies to lower tiers, but they become useless against tier 9s (112 slightly less because 250 heat)..

The meta for those tanks has shifted towards the heavium meta, you go and bully mediums praying that your pubbies can deal with heavies.

Edit: recovered my 112, slapped equipment on it and played 2 games, bullied a defender, a t32 and a heat69.. came out with only 500 hp taken and 3k damage on Paris..

The M6 Mutant, which has 198 pen on top of the pref MM, should be a pretty good indicator that even with something like 200 pen, the 175 pen D25T clones at tier 8 are going to remain pretty balanced. The question is whether WG bothers to do anything with these tanks given that their general strategy is introducing more and more premiums. I would personally like to see something like 200 or 210 pen APCR as stock ammo on all of these vehicles, but that's just because I'm partial to APCR. I hope that they do something about the powercreeped prems along with the IS-7 after they mop up the shitstorm that is 9.18.1, but that might take forever knowing it's Wargaming.

Well, the one thing about the D25T guns is that you should be making money with them because APCR pen is so bad that there is little reason to use it.  I have no trouble making 175 pen work when I don't need premium ammo for a shot, but trying to make 217 pen work when I DO need premium ammo is a joke.  Just remember, you get the similar MM as an IS in a tank that is vastly better than the IS in every way.  The IS-6 still has armor that can troll even tier IX guns, along with a decent HP pool, use it to bully everything you can bully as long as you can.  I have driven right into 2-3 tier 6 heavies and killed them all while bouncing shots to my sides and back.  When you finally have to fight the defender, get close, dpm his cupolas and the deck in front of his turret, and laugh as your puny obsolete 175 pen/390 alpha shells send the upstart back to the gulag.

8 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Sp right now doesn't need a lot of apcr, I'm sitting at 92% on marks and since I got the second one I'm carrying a 50/50 split and I rarely use apcr.

Out of all the pref mm tanks, it's the only one that can do well without premium spam.

112 and is6 are still bullies to lower tiers, but they become useless against tier 9s (112 slightly less because 250 heat)..

The meta for those tanks has shifted towards the heavium meta, you go and bully mediums praying that your pubbies can deal with heavies.

Edit: recovered my 112, slapped equipment on it and played 2 games, bullied a defender, a t32 and a heat69.. came out with only 500 hp taken and 3k damage on Paris..

Ah, SP now has 192 AP pen (instead of the 170 it used to have...)

That indeed makes a big difference, 170 is so little, even stuff like KT LFP is not 100% pen, and a KV4 cant be penned at all if he angles only a bit, while standing in the open, 30m away...) let alone stuff like bento boxes of mauses...

ps: doesnt the 112 have the same stupid expensive gold ammo as T-34-3? so 5600 credits / shot, on T-34-3 spamming some HEAT really kills your profit (getting ammo bills of 60k are nothing special, and you can atleast flank to bomb people in the back for 400)

On 4/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, Archaic_One said:

fuck man, just go with the mediums

I've found this to be the winning idea when it comes to my WZ-111, which isn't quite as fast as a med, but close enough.

170 was fine until everything got buffed with their HD models.

Then it became viable only when flanking or when the enemy was kind enough to show you their sides/rear.

9 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

170 was fine until everything got buffed with their HD models.

Then it became viable only when flanking or when the enemy was kind enough to show you their sides/rear.

All tanks must have 400mm of armor, comrade.  Is good gameplay.

Considering the Defender armor layout makes absolutely no fucking sense you could try to shoot the UFP at the highest angle and it will pen because lel the whole front is a massive shot trap.

Lower plate with gold or gtfo.

Cupolas.

HE always does damage.