lordawesome7

with 9.18 compensation, if you buy camo and inscriptions on tier 8 lights, will they be refunded in regular or the sale price you brought them at?

as the title says, im not sure

but as it stands, i might as well buy camo and then get my gold back in double or not double if its a raw 1 to 1 compensation (which i kinda doubt WG is going to do unless they trace the reciept of when the camo was purchased JUST to see if they are going to give 100g or 200g back to you)

if it is true that it will be full compensation regardless, i could easily double on the gold i currently have

also, they never mentioned what's going to happen to the equipment you can on your lights, will they be put in the depot or will they stay on?

they should be refunded at the price they cost to buy. 

I have no idea what else is going to happen, but I just shoved some of those free flags that WG gave us over all my tier 8 lights in the hope that they'll be refunded for gold. if they do then yay, free gold. if they don't then oh well, they'll just go back to the depot so theres literally no downside to doing it if you don't have any emblems already on your lights. 

On the CT I got the full price for my camos refunded. I only buy gold camo when it is on sale, so it seems like they do not only compensate for the price you paid but the normal value.

Back in the days WG did not differ between discount or bought on full price. I bought a shit load of "Mickey Mouse" inscriptions for my US tanks when they were on discount and it was already stated in the patch notes (8.6) they are going to remove it from the game. (I even bought low tier tanks to get more tanks to put on this inscriptions). I made quite some profit out of it. But this was quite some time ago and WG could have changed their opinion on that though. 

46 minutes ago, Pompous_Magnus said:

the camos will stay on the tank that you bought. If you had a T-54 lightweight at tier 8 it will be on the tier 9 version when you get that in your garage. 

Has something changed since WG posted about it?

The last thing I can find says the opposite, with the question here being "amount of gold they cost you" meaning they'll refund the normal price or actually track on an individual basis what a person paid.

What happens to modules, XP, Crew, emblems and camo you have on light tanks?

• Emblems and camo. Emblems and camo bought with Gold and mounted on Tier VIII vehicles that move up to Tier IX will be removed. But fear not; you’ll get the amount of Gold they cost you credited to your account. Temporary emblems and camo you have on vehicles that move up a Tier will be removed as well. In this case, you receive the amount in Credits proportional to their remaining duration. Unique emblems and camo are here to stay: they’ll get de-mounted from Tier VIII vehicles and you can apply them to any other tank.
3 hours ago, rindorbrot said:

On the CT I got the full price for my camos refunded. I only buy gold camo when it is on sale, so it seems like they do not only compensate for the price you paid but the normal value.

i heard about this, but i wasn't sure so i wanted to ask some people to confirm

this could very easily be a great way to double your current gold off buying and being compensated for inscriptions and camo

1 hour ago, Kramburglar said:

The last thing I can find says the opposite, with the question here being "amount of gold they cost you" meaning they'll refund the normal price or actually track on an individual basis what a person paid.

• Emblems and camo. Emblems and camo bought with Gold and mounted on Tier VIII vehicles that move up to Tier IX will be removed. But fear not; you’ll get the amount of Gold they cost you credited to your account. Temporary emblems and camo you have on vehicles that move up a Tier will be removed as well. In this case, you receive the amount in Credits proportional to their remaining duration. Unique emblems and camo are here to stay: they’ll get de-mounted from Tier VIII vehicles and you can apply them to any other tank.

Nothing changed. The info is that the camo is demounted from the tank since the very first news we have from it. 

1 hour ago, Kramburglar said:

7 minutes ago, DHP said:

Nothing changed. The info is that the camo is demounted from the tank since the very first news we have from it. 

did you even read past the first sentence DHP (i highlighted the 2nd sentence in blue)

since these tanks are being moved up to tier 9, the camo cost change going from tier 8 to 9 isn't a lot, but its enough to fuck with the economy of the game, so they are better off compensating people, and if they want to rebuy those camo's, they'll have to do so at the new tier 9 prices, same with emblems as mentions

So to put thing in plan and simple words, you all would recommend grabbing camo for these tier 8 lights while the sale's still going, correct?

25 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

did you even read past the first sentence DHP (i highlighted the 2nd sentence in blue)

since these tanks are being moved up to tier 9, the camo cost change going from tier 8 to 9 isn't a lot, but its enough to fuck with the economy of the game, so they are better off compensating people, and if they want to rebuy those camo's, they'll have to do so at the new tier 9 prices, same with emblems as mentions

I did. Original info from pompous was that camo on tier 8 gets transfered to tier 9. Kramburglar was asking if any info changed to which my answers was "no, nothing changed since the start, there was never any info that camo was transfered".

I never gave and answer to your comment. 

Did you even read past the first sentence ? 

11 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

So to put thing in plan and simple words, you all would recommend grabbing camo for these tier 8 lights while the sale's still going, correct?

thats the idea, worst case scenario, you get flat compensation

best case scenario, u get double compensation since its 50% off right now, im hoping this is true since i decide to gamble all my gold on it

Also, not 100% on this, but it seems like if you have a bunch of free flag emblems, putting the same flag in both emblem slots only uses 1 application.  So if we're looking to min/max a payout on emblems make sure to apply 2 different emblems in the 2 slots.

Basically if they are on discount now and you have spare gold just kit out all your t8 light tanks with camo and emblems(and i think inscriptions too?), using gold if possible NOT reward ones from cw/missions if possible as I suspect both may simply be returned to garage as being not bought. However, if you have no gold it would be better off for you to atleast slap some mission(no cw ones for obvious reasons) ones on just in case they do get refunded for gold. And just to be safe, I would suggest doing as Kramburglar said above and use 2 different ones for emblems/inscriptions if you are still yet to put anything on.

Most likely it will get refunded at full price and viola profit, or they refund it back at whatever price you bought it(unlikely imo).

I can't really see any other way it would end, since the exterior additions should be converted to gold whilst the server is down for the patch.

Also, will it be applicable to ANY light tank moving up a tier (i.e. m41bulldog etc)? What about those who put stuff on the bulldog because they use it in t7 tourny? I just noticed it only mentions t8 light now... nothing about  t7->t8 lights?

m4190 GF should be untouched as it is a premium.

Bulldog and LTTB took their camos with them from T7 to T8 on the CT AFAIK, so they were not reimbursed.

M41 90 GF does not even have any customization options and remains completely unchanged (except better MM).

One more thing, if it was not clear to everybody yet: You get refunds not only for camo/emblems/inscribtions that you currently have active on the vehicles, but any that you own for them.

1 hour ago, rindorbrot said:

....one more thing, if it was not clear to everybody yet: You get refunds not only for camo/emblems/inscribtions that you currently have active on the vehicles, but any that you own for them.

How do you do this -- can you de-mount a camo/emblem/inscription and then buy another one?

yes, exactly. you can remove them from the vehicle, but they still remain owned and you can just buy another set.

Man, I'll be a little butthurt if WG decides last minute to transfer the cosmetics to tier 9 instead of refunded as it currently looks like.  Dropped all my gold I had left on these lights.

2 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Man, I'll be a little butthurt if WG decides last minute to transfer the cosmetics to tier 9 instead of refunded as it currently looks like.  Dropped all my gold I had left on these lights.

same, but a "little" is the opposite of how angry i'd be

i dumped almost 15K on emblems for my 13 90 since they said that and camo was being compensate (they didn't say anything about inscriptions, so i didn't bother)

That's why I didn't try it... But I don't see how there'd be any recourse... You bought something, you still have it, and in effect you got a small discount because you paid tier 8 prices for a tier 9 addition. I might benefit because my 8s have permanent camo anyway, but I'm not going to be gambling anything more.

On 13/04/2017 at 2:50 AM, NightmareMk9 said:

I don't run any Emblems or Inscriptions.  If I buy one with Gold for the T49, then remove it.  That item is permanently only available on the T49?

You get reimbursed. 

My questions wasn't specifically about this patch.  But I was trying to understand how you could buy 15,000 gold worth of Emblems for a single vehicle.

If I buy an Emblem for any tank (Maus) and then remove it, is it then locked to use only on that specific tank?  I assumed it would go into that storage area with all the country flags and other emblems we have won over the past year.

Emblems and stuff are always locked to the tank that you bought them on. If you want to use the same emblem on another tank, you have to buy it again for the other tank, even if you dismount it before.