ThomChen114

Charioteer - does it need a buff?

Seriously, what kind of sadistic, money-grubbing, prick comes up with grinds like this? :superserb:

Still working towards 45k XP for another useless 20-pdr. Watch out you ruski bastards, or I might hit you for 230 hp. Or not, cause 20-pdr.

@Wanderjar I’ve always prioritised clutch and off road over smooth ride. Wondering if you think the Charioteer would be a worthy exception?

ps second 20-pdr does seem to hit stuff more often then not. But shit alpha is still shit.

6 hours ago, sohojacques said:

@Wanderjar I’ve always prioritised clutch and off road over smooth ride. Wondering if you think the Charioteer would be a worthy exception?

ps second 20-pdr does seem to hit stuff more often then not. But shit alpha is still shit.

well, Clutch and ORD are maneuverability skills while Smooth is an accuracy one. If you were in the habit of shooting on the move in your Charioteer then it would be worth taking a hard look at but since you will only be mostly doing slower speed poking/bush humping it's a bit harder to evaluate.

To Answer your question, Clutch + ORD >SR,  I would actually say Smooth then ORD and then clutch
Because Clutch affects deg/sec, while ORD gives moving turn speed without slowing nearly as much

remember that ORD/Clutch improve Deg/sec of the tank which makes Accuracy WORSE FASTER (either sitting still or on the move) since Accuracy is a function of Deflection per second (I actually think they compute it .5 sec but whatever)

With the 105mm gun: (the only effective differences accuracy wise between the 20 and the 105 is the dispersion after firing (20-pounder 3.43 vs the 105s 3.92) The 105's longer reload means that misses hurt more (6 shells a min vs 9) but functionally the accuracy is the same for both guns

At full speeds and deflections, what you would see for a circle of death or run and gun

I found was that Smooth ride is really effective (at an impressive 2.6% effective improvement, 1.1 raw accuracy improvement)
Snap Shot is next to useless (less than .1% effective improvement,  .0008 raw accuracy improvement)

At poking speeds, minimal creep forward, autolocked gun for stability etc

its honestly not much different. the Effective % climbs to 3.5% for Smooth  (.0257 raw)
and for Snap, a miserable still less than 2% effective (.00219 Raw)

Spreadsheet if you really care and want to look at the numbers (or just copy it to your own drive and play with it)

That’s ace. Thanks  @Wanderjar. Yeah it corner poking/brawling I’m trying to improve on. I’m even considering dropping rammer for vents (with GLD and binos). Or once my crew has BiA replace the GLD with vents and keep the rammer. Will play around with it when the time comes.

So much for the fabled 7% of Snap Shot?

15 hours ago, sohojacques said:

That’s ace. Thanks  @Wanderjar. Yeah it corner poking/brawling I’m trying to improve on. I’m even considering dropping rammer for vents (with GLD and binos). Or once my crew has BiA replace the GLD with vents and keep the rammer. Will play around with it when the time comes.

So much for the fabled 7% of Snap Shot?

Snap is a very good skill to have generally, but the Charioteer just happens to not benefit much from it since 90% of its dispersion comes from Hull movement (90.3%), not the turret movement (.7%)

Weights (% of Max Dispersion Calc)
(how much each affects total bloom)
Dispersion Dispersion Dispersion
Moving Hull Turret
Traverse Traverse Traverse

0.54 0.39 0.07

Since I haven't gone down this line yet, I cant tell you which of the other ones would get a decent benefit from it, but since the gunner's skills aren't a huge list its still worth getting since every bit helps

And As far as equipment goes, I'd keep the Binos and Rammer and drop the GLD for Vents if you want to.

because you still get to 0 bloom without the GLD,
The Rammer boosts your shot count/dpm and binocs give you self spotting ability, and you cant get either of those from Vents, accuracy you can, it just takes 10% longer time

@Wanderjar Thanks again. Got enough of a crew to justify retraining for BiA and mounted Vents. In game comparison says that my aim time is 0.16 seconds worse than with GLD. Since my max bloom and final accuracy are better with Vents, plus all the other slight stat boosts, I'd say it's Vents for the win.

Ground out the top gun last night but couldn't face playing the game any more after doing so. Will take it for a spin tonight. 

This tank is so close to being glorious. But the gun handling is just too poor for it to make the grade. The final accuracy is nowhere near good enough to offset the terrible bloom with any kind of hull moment. Every shot feels so RNG dependent, which I guess is appropriate considering the line. 

With a slight gun handling buff it’d be a great poor man’s Skorp. But as it stands now, I’m considering moving the crew back to the Challenger.