Gryphon_

9.18 Update Notes

If they downtier the amx 1357GF from t7 to t6, shouldn't they need to refund it in gold? Since essentially decreased income possibilty(not that it made much with the terrible ap pen forcing the need to fire apcr)

41 minutes ago, _Assad said:

M41 is still kinda shit it actually compares favorably with the new tier 8 lights, but not by much.

sure. 33-40% more alpha than all but the HWK, more ap pen, more gold pen (save HWK, which it ties), 102mm pen HEP round, more dpm, effectively tied for best-in-class gun handling, and highest top speed.  Oh, and it's a premium.

still shit. totally.

The acceleration and agility of (some) of the others is certainly impressive, but I'm not sure how much value-add is there versus current T8 LT speeds, particularly on city and city(ish) maps.  Tomorrow we'll see, I guess.

Actually, I spent part of the weekend comparing the GF (which I own) and the Bulldog (which I also own already) on the CT.  The lower specific power of the GF doesn't hurt it as much as you might think.  It's a little sluggish off the start, but gets to top speed fairly quickly and maintains it about as well as the Bulldog.  Hills are more of an issue, of course.  It's better in just about every other way (except reload of the single shot gun).  Of the two, I'll be selling the Bulldog (at a new higher price) and just playing the GF.  

43 minutes ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

sure. 33-40% more alpha than all but the HWK, more ap pen, more gold pen (save HWK, which it ties), 102mm pen HEP round, more dpm, effectively tied for best-in-class gun handling, and highest top speed.  Oh, and it's a premium.

still shit. totally.

The acceleration and agility of (some) of the others is certainly impressive, but I'm not sure how much value-add is there versus current T8 LT speeds, particularly on city and city(ish) maps.  Tomorrow we'll see, I guess.

You forgot the 132 for alpha. The gun itself has meh handling and pretty bad bloom values. The raw accuracy on alot of these tanks is bad, but the bloom and aim time blow the GF out of the water. The features the gun has will make it a strong competitor sure, but it's not nearly as OP as you retards think it will be. Go outfit a full LTTB and come back to me to talk about mobility. The gun shoots it's shells at the speed of a fucking potato gun as well. It's not an LTTB and cant brawl and it cant snipe like the batchat AP so its almost like WOW it's literally nothing!

But I can see that you're just another salty ELC driver so I'll let you rant in peace.

7 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I've got a flood of soon to be homeless mid tier LT crewmen. 5 or 6 crews at 3 skills. 

Pretty sad. The T71+Bulldog respond for more than 15% of my games, i just love it. LTs are responsable for 30% of my games, 90% of it tier 7/8. This patch is a big blow to my gameplay.

I think they will have to rebuff the tanks later on, but for now i will have to stick with Type64 and who knows what else.

T49

• Changed the reload time of 90 mm Gun T132E3 for the XM551 test bed turret from 6.3 s to 6 s

RU251

• Changed the reload time of the 90 mm Rheinmetall DM1 gun for the Spähpanzer Ru 251 Drehturm 360° turret from 6.2 s to 7 s

#WargamingLogic :serb: Can you smell the freedom?

Also, all the soon-to-be tier 9 light tanks got significant gun handling buffs. I'm not sure if they had them on the test server. Could someone confirm that? If they didn't, that could be a way of WG trying to balance them for being underpowered as they are at tier 9.

6 minutes ago, Tankthief said:

Another serious issue. With normal MM, fail matchmakings will put a LT on one side and a..Mauschen/e75 (name good tanks) on another as top tiers. 

I doubt WG will fix that

still better then having a tier 3 in a tier X match

the new MM isn't perfect but its FAR better then what we currently have

47 minutes ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

Also, all the soon-to-be tier 9 light tanks got significant gun handling buffs. I'm not sure if they had them on the test server. Could someone confirm that? If they didn't, that could be a way of WG trying to balance them for being underpowered as they are at tier 9.

All scouts of all tiers recieved significant gun handling buffs

My beautiful little VKleopard gets regular MM and 40% better bloom with equipment without any gun nerfs lol

1 hour ago, _Assad said:

You forgot the 132 for alpha. The gun itself has meh handling and pretty bad bloom values. The raw accuracy on alot of these tanks is bad, but the bloom and aim time blow the GF out of the water. The features the gun has will make it a strong competitor sure, but it's not nearly as OP as you retards think it will be. Go outfit a full LTTB and come back to me to talk about mobility. The gun shoots it's shells at the speed of a fucking potato gun as well. It's not an LTTB and cant brawl and it cant snipe like the batchat AP so its almost like WOW it's literally nothing!

But I can see that you're just another salty ELC driver so I'll let you rant in peace.

I was going to respond and then realized there was no point.

Anyways, my bad on the 132's alpha, and not sure what the ELC has to do with T8 LTs.

2 hours ago, _Assad said:

You forgot the 132 for alpha. The gun itself has meh handling and pretty bad bloom values. The raw accuracy on alot of these tanks is bad, but the bloom and aim time blow the GF out of the water.

?

The M41 90 has the best aim time out of all the tier 8 lights, and it's tied for lowest turret dispersion.

• Preference of placing a player at the top/middle of the team list, if they have already played several battles at the bottom of the team list.

Hey look, the patent everyone and their mother harps on about 24/7 like they're confirming rigged MM is actually being put in the game. 

Will pubbies realise this and rant on about how its rigged, or will they all start exclaiming about how its a great change? Only time will tell

3 hours ago, Tankthief said:

Another serious issue. With normal MM, fail matchmakings will put a LT on one side and a..Mauschen/e75 (name good tanks) on another as top tiers. 

I doubt WG will fix that

The new MM should be balancing the number of Lights/Arty/TDs to be as equal as possible IIRC, so only heavies and meds will be different. 

5 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

wait.... so i can bring the 13 57 into tier 6 SH? sounds like cancer fun

Downtiering the MM. Still T7.

Also one weakness of the American bulldog is the Premium ammo cost at 4400 for 170 alpha it's kind of pricey compare to 4800 for 240 alpha for the german bulldog also 210mm pen with the American premium.. The ennemy better not bring too much armor into battle... 

7 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

The new MM should be balancing the number of Lights/Arty/TDs to be as equal as possible IIRC, so only heavies and meds will be different. 

Except that balancing the numbers of classes doesn't mean balancing them across tiers, so the problem Tankthief mentioned happened a fair bit on the CT.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:
  • Preference of placing a player at the top/middle of the team list, if they have already played several battles at the bottom of the team list.

Hey look, the patent everyone and their mother harps on about 24/7 like they're confirming rigged MM is actually being put in the game. 

Will pubbies realise this and rant on about how its rigged, or will they all start exclaiming about how its a great change? Only time will tell

I'm reading this as saying if MM has stuck you at bottom tier too many times in a row, it'll start trying to get you mid or top dog.  I thought this was already in the game in some form, but I guess not.

6 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

I'm reading this as saying if MM has stuck you at bottom tier too many times in a row, it'll start trying to get you mid or top dog.  I thought this was already in the game in some form, but I guess not.

Thats what its doing. And thats exactly what that "rigged MM" patent was supposed to do. 

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

Except that balancing the numbers of classes doesn't mean balancing them across tiers, so the problem Tankthief mentioned happened a fair bit on the CT.

Oh, I didnt know that. Well rip

9 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

A lot of them are straight up buffed, bulldog is total garbage now tho.

The med kit used to have a 60 sec reload and that's the one that removes stun. So they reverted that.

All premium consumables had 60s reload on the test at first but after a lot of complaints they changed all of them to be 90s like normal consumables. This is the way it still is on the test server, including the premium medkit. For the release on NA they decided to reduce all of them back to 60s with the exception of medkit that will still have 90s reload.

5 hours ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

T49

• Changed the reload time of 90 mm Gun T132E3 for the XM551 test bed turret from 6.3 s to 6 s

RU251

• Changed the reload time of the 90 mm Rheinmetall DM1 gun for the Spähpanzer Ru 251 Drehturm 360° turret from 6.2 s to 7 s

#WargamingLogic :serb: Can you smell the freedom?

They have actually buffed RU for release compared to the test. On the test the RU gun has 8.57s stock reload.

Isn't the new MM heavily favoring platoons? Take the "ideal" 3-5-7 template and put a platoon of unicums in the top tier while the other team gets three mediocore top tiers. What can those tier 8/9 tanks do against a 907 unicum platoon for example there?

Be interesting to know whether the complaints about the tier 10 lights has led to any buffs.

Because their stats aren't mentioned in the patch notes, basically NA server is test bed for all of this, so we'll have to see. If they are still crappy on this version then maybe they'll update the patch before 9.18 hits EU and RU.