Tanager

9.18 is up on NA and available

22 minutes ago, 21Blackjack said:

Like when you compare the M4A3E8 to the T21, sure it has a bit more armor and hitpoints, but the T21 has 380viewrange, 25 horsepower per ton, 57 forward speed, 23 reverse speed, .36 accuracy and 30% camo all around.  If you want more armor you may as well go the M6 or T1. I mean whats the point of the E8 now?

None whatsoever in that example, the T21 utterly dominated the E8 right now.

26 minutes ago, m00h said:

What happened to the crews of light tanks that were moved in tiers, Bulldog, Ru 251 etc...?

My tier 8 crews were moved to tier 9 tanks (ltwt, 1390) and the tier 8s I got had a 50% crew

They stay with the tank even if it moves up a tier. So my ltwt crew stayed with the ltwt as it moved to tier 9. I should've left off the end about my tier 8s getting a 50% crew, that's just because I didn't have them in the garage so I was given a tank with a 50% crew.

Edited by TheChang

So let's say i have a Bulldog crew and a T49 crew, T49 will get my Bulldog crew,

but what happens to them T49 cunts?

speaking of crews my M7 med crew is now a light crew and the Ram2 they use is now fucked *sigh* so now I have an extra light crew for tanks i am not even going to play uless i retrain for gold ... wg should let us retrain those affected crews for free or at least 50% of reg pricing 

1 minute ago, m00h said:

So let's say i have a Bulldog crew and a T49 crew, T49 will get my Bulldog crew,

Sorry, the way I said it was confusing. The 9.17 tier 8 crew goes to the 9.18 tier 9 crew. To be simpler, they stay in the same tank, but a tier up. So your bulldog crew will go to the bulldog which will be at tier 8, and your T49 crew will go to your T49 at tier 9. 

2 minutes ago, m00h said:

no, t49 crew stays with the t49

bulldog crew stays with the bulldog.

Can't wait until this shit hits EU, Sheridan doesn't look to destroyed i guess, more shells, dpm

and better gunhandling over the rhm thing. Sheridan only thing i'll get my hands on...

And man it was brutally good on test#1.

3 minutes ago, m00h said:

Can't wait until this shit hits EU, Sheridan doesn't look to destroyed i guess, more shells, dpm

and better gunhandling over the rhm thing. Sheridan only thing i'll get my hands on...

And man it was brutally good on test#1.

gonna free exp it on patch day, and then grind the 13 105.

the rest can burn in hell, for all i care.

Watching Anfield stream and the amount of tier 10 only battles are not uncommon at all when it was pretty rare before. The return of tier 12battles ? 

Honestly i really thought T9 was the best tier to play at, but it might be even more so now (will see). 

So have the arty changes been a complete hard nerf, or are arty great for being consistent support fire vehicles?

2 hours ago, datboi said:

So have the arty changes been a complete hard nerf, or are arty great for being consistent support fire vehicles?

Nerf and buff. They hit a lot less harder, but they hit more often (reduced reload time, more accurate, and faster aim time). Plus they hit a larger area radius and can hit more targets simultaneously.

The one change I did notice while playing arty at tier 9 and 10 was those games seemed to move much faster. Most of my games were basically over in less than 5 minutes. This is of course due to the light tanks and not the arty. Due to the speed and lack of armor, these things are zooming around and getting killed quickly. This may keep people from playing arty, since you only get 4 shots off, if you are lucky, before you are running for cover or the enemy team is wiped out and you look at your pitiful amount of damage now. :)

16 minutes ago, Liberty75 said:

Nerf and buff. They hit a lot less harder, but they hit more often (reduced reload time, more accurate, and faster aim time). Plus they hit a larger area radius and can hit more targets simultaneously.

The one change I did notice while playing arty at tier 9 and 10 was those games seemed to move much faster. Most of my games were basically over in less than 5 minutes. This is of course due to the light tanks and not the arty. Due to the speed and lack of armor, these things are zooming around and getting killed quickly. This may keep people from playing arty, since you only get 4 shots off, if you are lucky, before you are running for cover or the enemy team is wiped out and you look at your pitiful amount of damage now. :)

Hopefully once the excitement dies down the number of light and arty players will decrease and things will balance out again. I haven't played 9.18 yet because I'm too worried about retarded LT drivers yoloing everywhere as well as everyone with an arty taking it out to try the new mechanics even if they rarely play it otherwise, probably gonna wait a couple days.

I'm thinking the amount of LT's and HT's will rise, because baddies in MT's will get gibbed due to poor positioning, lower camo and lower acceleration + little armor from arty and circling LT's.  I think things will move in randoms towards a more SH/CW type play, HT's will be the anchors and LT's will take up the dual spotting/sniping/wolfpack role of the MT's.  The only choice is if you want to choose a heavy light like the Russians or a paper light like the others.  MT's are in the position they are in SH/CW at the moment, largely sidelined unless you are russian hovermed or have an autoloader.  And the autoloader LT's might make some of them redundant as well.

Good players will gravitate towards the LT's because the MT's are too limiting with no redeeming factors (T34/T26E5 vs Pershing vs M41), while bad players will move to LT's for fun zoom zoom die, TD's to camp bush, or Heavies to survive.

Or maybe nothing will change. :P

30 minutes ago, 21Blackjack said:

Good players will gravitate towards the LT's because the MT's are too limiting with no redeeming factors (T34/T26E5 vs Pershing vs M41), while bad players will move to LT's for fun zoom zoom die, TD's to camp bush, or Heavies to survive.

Or maybe nothing will change. :P

Well, I dont think so. Maybe in very low tiers,  I have no idea about that. Tier 9-10 lights have nothing to offer over a medium tank. Also saying, that the pershing has no redeeming feature is just dumb. That tank is the god king of tier 8 meds. 

The only significant buff for arty is the splash. For most higher tier ones, damage and pen was nerfed by 40-50% across the board. 

Some of the lower/mid tier ones didn't even get ROF or aim time buffs.

Most of the aim time, accuracy and reload buffs are barely 10%, like IIRC T92 reload dropped by just 4s, whereas pen dropped by 50%, damage dropped by 47%, accuracy was only buffed by 9%.

There is a lot of hysteria about 'faster firing more accurate' arties, but in reality they are about the same as before, the only difference is the stun and splash. But even with the increased splash the amount of damage they actually do is nerefed completely. T92 is basically doing 300-400 damage every 40s, unless it manages to hit a group of tanks.

It;s effective DPM is about 800. 

The main issue is everyone is trying arties and lights, so there are 3 arties most games and a lot of the available targets for them are fast moving lights so anything slower will get the focus. 

5 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Well, I dont think so. Maybe in very low tiers,  I have no idea about that. Tier 9-10 lights have nothing to offer over a medium tank. Also saying, that the pershing has no redeeming feature is just dumb. That tank is the god king of tier 8 meds. 

This is biggest problem of class as whole, as support class they should have best VR and mobility followed by camo (determinated by size of tank). But WG is clueless as usual. 

5 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Yeah I'm really talking about Tier 5-8 and maybe some 9's.  If tier 10 was as good as the lower tiers, many would simply drop mediums altogether and meds would mostly die as a class.  Since no one wants to grind for a med tier 10 when a tier 10 lt is better.

And Pershing being the god-king of Tier 8 mediums means nothing now when you can have the Defender, Patriot, Liberte, or run a M41 or M41 90. Actually do people even run Pershing competitvely anymore? I haven't seen them.

22 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

This is biggest problem of class as whole, as support class they should have best VR and mobility followed by camo (determinated by size of tank). But WG is clueless as usual. 

Tier 10 lts would work if there were bigger maps.  I feel like WG should have just made some 3 or 4 km sq maps first for tier 8+ randoms to have and moved smaller maps to lower tiers before attempting this frontline mode.  But you know how WG ideas are.

12 minutes ago, 21Blackjack said:

Tier 10 lts would work if there were bigger maps.  I feel like WG should have just made some 3 or 4 km sq maps first for tier 8+ randoms to have and moved smaller maps to lower tiers before attempting this frontline mode.  But you know how WG ideas are.

For me it's hard to believe that. Their base values are too low compared to hovermeds or BC25t (and they pack more firepower). 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

The only significant buff for arty is the splash. For most higher tier ones, damage and pen was nerfed by 40-50% across the board. 

Some of the lower/mid tier ones didn't even get ROF or aim time buffs.

Most of the aim time, accuracy and reload buffs are barely 10%, like IIRC T92 reload dropped by just 4s, whereas pen dropped by 50%, damage dropped by 47%, accuracy was only buffed by 9%.

I'd say the aim time/accuracy/bloom buffs were pretty significant, both from looking at raw numbers and having played them on the test server.  Using your T92 example, it got a 27% decrease in bloom, shaved 2.1s (26%) off aim time and .1 off dispersion (which is close to a 20% increase in accuracy).  That's a pretty big combo of buffs, particularly when combined with the significantly increased splash radius.

5 minutes ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

I'd say the aim time/accuracy/bloom buffs were pretty significant, both from looking at raw numbers and having played them on the test server.  Using your T92 example, it got a 27% decrease in bloom, shaved 2.1s (26%) off aim time and .1 off dispersion (which is close to a 20% increase in accuracy).  That's a pretty big combo of buffs, particularly when combined with the significantly increased splash radius.

Yep, my fast&dirty excel match says that Conqueror GC aims ~30% faster from full turret traverse speed compared to patch 9.17. T92 prolly gets even bigger relative aim time buff.