BiggieD61

Significant Tirpitz buff in 6.4

Just had my first post 6.4 match in the Tirpitz, and while it was a hard tier 10 ( some guy already had the tier 10 French cruiser Henri IV - sucked in it and died in first 3 minutes ) I earned 131 secondary hits, and was hitting DD's out at full range.  @Mesrith - which are the best slot 4 and 5 modules for the Tirpitz with a secondary build captain ( no CE skill )?  I currently have DC mod 2 in slot 4, and Conceal mod 1 in slot 5.

8 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

@Mesrith - which are the best slot 4 and 5 modules for the Tirpitz with a secondary build captain ( no CE skill )?  I currently have DC mod 2 in slot 4, and Conceal mod 1 in slot 5.

I use rudder shift on all of my battleships, as being able to dodge extra torpedoes and wiggle after firing is more valuable to me than fire/flood duration.  I have Concealment mod on my Tirpitz, but either choice is fine.

21 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Second game in it since the patch hit and I got 240 secondary hits. I can't describe how ridiculous it is to have both torpedoes and fantastic secondaries combined. This thing is probably the best brawling BB in the game now.

+1

Only did 40K Damage 1st battle in it, but I kinda pushed it hard to see what it was capable of and got 2 kills both CQE and 153 secondary hits .... it really rocks now, and will sell Bismarck now moving that Captain up to the tier 10 German BB when I get it researched.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:20 PM, RollerCoaster47 said:

Second game in it since the patch hit and I got 240 secondary hits. I can't describe how ridiculous it is to have both torpedoes and fantastic secondaries combined. This thing is probably the best brawling BB in the game now.

Yup.  especially since you know have the fire/flood combo going for you.  Secondaries catch something on fire as it closes, drop a spread and watch them give you broadsides or eat torps

5 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Don't be in too much of a hurry to sell your Bismarck until you have seen the requirements for the Hood/Bismarck missions.

^ the only reason I have not sold my Bismarck yet.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, Manic_Wombat said:

Don't be in too much of a hurry to sell your Bismarck until you have seen the requirements for the Hood/Bismarck missions.

Not that far yet ...lol

18 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

I've not sold mine because I need might need it in comp. Kind of annoying since I want to advance the captain.

You don't have a Tirpitz, or do you want the sonar more than the torps?

2 hours ago, xWulffx said:

You don't have a Tirpitz, or do you want the sonar more than the torps?

He is talking about competitive play, where the hydro amongst other things, from what I understand, appear to be more important.

5 hours ago, Birkovic said:

He is talking about competitive play, where the hydro amongst other things, from what I understand, appear to be more important.

Specifically, Clan on Clan, organised competitive play.

To be honest I don't consider anything else competitive play. 

Judging by my own and others accounts of ranked (not to mention pub matches) talking about compitetive there is a stretch.

The Tirpitz was on sale this weekend so I bought it, played one game and hit "sell" on my Bismarck. I actually felt more confident when closing in than I did with the Bismarck due to having the torps. Previously I would try to stay at the 7 to 10 km range to stay out of range of (most) opponent's torps and secondaries. Now with 4 torps a side, I'm going in!

The Hood missions have been leaked and there are none that require the big B to complete them, just one per group that can only be done in the Hood (you don't have to do every mission in each group).