Boselli575

ELC AMX and the Patch 9.18 (It's still a good tank)

On 9/29/2018 at 2:20 PM, FlorbFnarb said:

Yeah, they raped it pretty hard.  It isn't particularly fast for a medium now, no full turret traverse, still has shit gun handling, accuracy is nothing great, and they stomped the pen into the dirt too?

They probably think it'll be funny to buff it again to where it should have been.

The current 90mm pen is good. Seriously complaining about 120mm pen on a light is silly. 

Also full turret traverse on smaller guns which have 50% the turret bloom. 

Not sure which gun is better. I'd have marked it <60 games but I had a 3 week break and after it I had a 10 game run of playing like a moron. It's still a super strong tank.MvcwLo2.jpgkhIannn.jpg

On 10/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, hazzgar said:

The current 90mm pen is good. Seriously complaining about 120mm pen on a light is silly. 

Also full turret traverse on smaller guns which have 50% the turret bloom. 

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Yeah, 120mm pen on a Tier 5 light is good...for LTs that have full turret traverse and workable gun bloom.  The ELC has neither; only a partial turret arc, so no circling, and the reticle blows up to the size of the Moon when you move.  That makes the pen matter a lot more.

1 hour ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Yeah, 120mm pen on a Tier 5 light is good...for LTs that have full turret traverse and workable gun bloom.  The ELC has neither; only a partial turret arc, so no circling, and the reticle blows up to the size of the Moon when you move.  That makes the pen matter a lot more.

120mm pen on anything tier5 is not bad. Most t5 meds have around the same. Yeah AMX doesn't have a turret like they do but it has insane camo so it can get into flanks better than they can. Given t5 view range of most tanks you can get into some silly positions. I am still unsure which gun is better but it's a very good tank with either of them, you just need to learn to abuse the tanks camo. 

Also yeah the tank aims long but it can afford to. Most t5 tanks spot you at 150m. 

I just miss the maneuverability, tbh. Sure, it can still scoot, but not like it used to. It might not be as bad of a tank as I fear, but the fun factor was lessened.

1 hour ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I just miss the maneuverability, tbh. Sure, it can still scoot, but not like it used to. It might not be as bad of a tank as I fear, but the fun factor was lessened.

I agree it's not fun. Also the new physics mean obstacles really hurt it. I don't get it why WG decided to implement a physics engine that makes a 7t tank behave like a paper plane. 

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

120mm pen on anything tier5 is not bad. Most t5 meds have around the same. Yeah AMX doesn't have a turret like they do but it has insane camo so it can get into flanks better than they can. Given t5 view range of most tanks you can get into some silly positions. I am still unsure which gun is better but it's a very good tank with either of them, you just need to learn to abuse the tanks camo. 

Also yeah the tank aims long but it can afford to. Most t5 tanks spot you at 150m. 

Maybe I'll have to play it like an E 25 then.

21 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Maybe I'll have to play it like an E 25 then.

Kinda what it is. A high alpha, low dpm e25. The low dpm is not as much of a problem because of the lower hp pools at t5.

Ok playing with a 2 skill crew now and it's not as good as it was with 5 skills. Really annoying 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:37 AM, hazzgar said:

Ok playing with a 2 skill crew now and it's not as good as it was with 5 skills. Really annoying 

:kjugh: you dont say

20 hours ago, Wanderjar said:

:kjugh: you dont say

Yeah but the difference is staggering. With my 5.5 skill crew the tank felt like a world beater. 70% WR. Good spotting, good dmg. With a 2.5 skill crew it feels wonky and bad. 

Still bad. Still get chased down by last dumbass in medium tank. Crazy 2.0 Equipment comes and breaks the game this thing is getting the turbocharger and maybe it'll finally be playable. I don't even understand how it moves so slow; it has decent horsepower, soft stats and top speed, it just won't go.

Turbo charger finally makes this thing work again. Still stalls out when you run over stuff but it's fast otherwise. Slap on LNES for 50% camo on the move and this is going to be the most hilarious scout in the game. Firepower is a joke, but when you can be 51m away in a bush and nothing can see you...

7 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Turbo charger finally makes this thing work again. Still stalls out when you run over stuff but it's fast otherwise. Slap on LNES for 50% camo on the move and this is going to be the most hilarious scout in the game. Firepower is a joke, but when you can be 51m away in a bush and nothing can see you...

I agree it does great with turbo, but at tier 5 I'm not dragging teams to a win just with vision alone. You gotta get your gun in the game, and so I ran it with binocs/VS/rammer and pulled some rather unlikely victories out en route to 3-marking it in just a handful of games.

I hardly feel the difference with turbro. Only 14 more horsepower, (180 --> 194, when it previously had 250) isn't significant enough to warrant it IMO. WG really butchered this tank. It's still a capable vehicle, but it requires significant goldspam and *lots* of patience. It's one thing to play against the enemy. It's another to feel like I'm playing against my tank as well.

15 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I hardly feel the difference with turbro. Only 14 more horsepower, (180 --> 194, when it previously had 250) isn't significant enough to warrant it IMO. WG really butchered this tank. It's still a capable vehicle, but it requires significant goldspam and *lots* of patience. It's one thing to play against the enemy. It's another to feel like I'm playing against my tank as well.

Right, but since its a light tank (7t) you get a big HP/T boost. The problem is that a lot of its HP boost gets wasted due to its abysmal terrain resistances. In fact, I wonder if grousers may be better.

Having said that, I did NOT run the 90mm, I ran the 75. The full rotating turret plus DPM gain made it much more playable and even enjoyable.

44 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Having said that, I did NOT run the 90mm, I ran the 75. The full rotating turret plus DPM gain made it much more playable and even enjoyable.

Did you struggle with the *abysmal* pen of the 75? Every time I see someone championing that gun I see the pen values (100/129) and wonder how you do more than scratch paint in tier 6/7 games, especially where it doesn't have the excellent mobility it used to.

Also, I'm curious if grousers are as good actually improve terrain resistance. tanks.gg doesn't seem to think so.

The extra top speed from Turbo helps too. This did what, 72 back in the day? Now it's 60. Turbo gets you to 64, which is nice. Something this small becomes absurd to hit on the move as the speed starts hitting 60s.

While the 75mm is basically pathetic, I'm finding with 50% camo I can get behind or to the side of people at 200m-400m and take my time to fully aim. I can sit in the open at times and be lighting 1-2 enemies just chilling and thinking about what to do. It's a unique experience, since very few tanks have this kind of camo and at higher tier the view ranges are high enough to counter it.

12 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Did you struggle with the *abysmal* pen of the 75? Every time I see someone championing that gun I see the pen values (100/129) and wonder how you do more than scratch paint in tier 6/7 games, especially where it doesn't have the excellent mobility it used to.

Also, I'm curious if grousers are as good actually improve terrain resistance. tanks.gg doesn't seem to think so.

I did not. Here's proof :D

bCrrc1G.jpg?1

2k combined over a decent stretch of battles.