WorldConqueror

132 gun choice: old debate in a new form

Was going to take the changed 132 out for a run, but I'm not entirely sure which gun to go with. It no longer has a viable 85 to use, but the first 100mm has better APCR than the top 100mm. Is it worth having the gun that is slightly worse in all other respects for the higher pen?

30lhrb9.jpg

132 is working well. Its a lot of fun when top tier. I use the top gun, better dispersion helps.

RIP all the lights in lower tiers, though (except the prems)

0.4 accuracy is annoying but 0.42 would probably make me throw my mouse into my screen.

I'd rather be more effective 75% of the time by hitting my shots over the extra penetration IF i hit my shots. Pretty much the T-54 dilemma except you get less gold pen with the better handling gun. Besides, If you're shooting lower tier and same tier opponents, most of the time you'd pen anyway so you should prefer a gun which hits with less exposure and more often to maximise your effectiveness in favourable match-ups. 

If you like to spam gold like me in LTs, go for the one with higher penetration on apcr. I got tired of bouncing E-100 and E-75 sides in the 13 90 and started spamming apcr, was much funner then. I'd say 220 is bare minimum to reliably penetrate E-100 side flat on, and that's with almost no angling.

1 hour ago, Gryphon_ said:

RIP all the lights in lower tiers, though (except the prems)

I don't know.  I sold the Bulldog (sadly) and most of my other lights, but I can't make myself sell the T37 or T71 yet.  I've played them a few times, and they're pretty fun still.  The T71 may be better than ever.  And I'm gonna hold on to the LTTB as well.

I'm about to buy the 59-16 and try out that line also.  The Type is just brutal now, and so I'll have a damned good Chinese light crew pretty soon, as fun as that tank is to play.

11 hours ago, jackquerudo said:

Use the one with better handling (without playing the actual tank I would imagine is the latter one, being lower aim time and all). The extra penetration will not be relevant if you play light tanks properly

I don't :feelsbad: but you do have a good point.

8 hours ago, StranaMechty said:

The 50% worse bloom on turret traverse is pretty offputting for the first 100mm.

It's actually one of the very things that prompted me to use the old 85mm 64-85TG (RIP).

Yeah I was using the 85 right up until the patch even though people said I was dumb. I loved the handling and RoF, felt like a downtiered 62A gun.

22 hours ago, Raj said:

If you like to spam gold like me in LTs, go for the one with higher penetration on apcr. I got tired of bouncing E-100 and E-75 sides in the 13 90 and started spamming apcr, was much funner then. I'd say 220 is bare minimum to reliably penetrate E-100 side flat on, and that's with almost no angling.

But the WZ-132 barely sees E-100s anymore! Max of 3! The mm changes really put these lower pen tanks in a good place. The lanes don't get all clogged up with impenetrable tanks. 225 apcr is a little lower than optimal, but it's enough. I'm wrecking people with the 216 on the LTTB.

13 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

But the WZ-132 barely sees E-100s anymore! Max of 3! The mm changes really put these lower pen tanks in a good place. The lanes don't get all clogged up with impenetrable tanks. 225 apcr is a little lower than optimal, but it's enough. I'm wrecking people with the 216 on the LTTB.

isn't WG nerfing some of the existing up-tiered light tanks accuracy and gun stats, just to make them "balanced"?

19 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I played LTTB and loved it, but isn't 132 higher tier? I don't know what tier the tanks are anymore. I never found an issue of too many heavy tanks on enemy teams, but I almost always found myself taking damage off their E-100 even if they have one, being able to do it more reliably is better.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

I played LTTB and loved it, but isn't 132 higher tier? I don't know what tier the tanks are anymore. I never found an issue of too many heavy tanks on enemy teams, but I almost always found myself taking damage off their E-100 even if they have one, being able to do it more reliably is better.

Both tier 8s, the tier 9 is a 132 with the 110 gun which looks actually really good. 320 alpha at tier 9 on a light with good pen might be a great recipe

48 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

isn't WG nerfing some of the existing up-tiered light tanks accuracy and gun stats, just to make them "balanced"?

Some. The 132 lost 20 or so pen off the apcr on the 100mm. The LTTB lost 10 ap pen I think, but any accuracy change to either of those is negligible.

45 minutes ago, Raj said:

they're both 8s now, with the new mm, meaning they never see more than 3-4 tier x tanks in a given battle

Top 100mm all the way. Played about 20 games post patch on EU. Only problem I have had was Japanese super heavies slightly angled uphill about 400metres from me. Everything else has been golden. Live my 132, proper scout tank. Only t10 lights I'm gonna buy, the 132-1 and sheridan