Jump to content
Gatortribe

XM551 Sheridan - Tubby Leopard

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I have vents, optics and GLD on the T49 assuming that the reload and aim time are bad but exposing to aim is worse than hiding longer during the reload. So I go with rammer instead?

I like how this thread is as much about the T49 as the....uhhh....what is that dumb tank this thread was supposed to be about??

An older post about T49 equipment. I've stuck with vents for the third slot, I think Crab is currently on GLD.

For the Sheridan I keep the same VStab+Optics but switch in a rammer to get reload down to 16.16 seconds. Your gun handling is really quite decent and at Tier 10 you spend a lot more time chodeslapping so the additional DPM is valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

I like how this thread is as much about the T49 as the....uhhh....what is that dumb tank this thread was supposed to be about??

An older post about T49 equipment. I've stuck with vents for the third slot, I think Crab is currently on GLD.

For the Sheridan I keep the same VStab+Optics but switch in a rammer to get reload down to 16.16 seconds. Your gun handling is really quite decent and at Tier 10 you spend a lot more time chodeslapping so the additional DPM is valuable.

I dallied with GLD, and honestly, I think I end up doing more direct damage when I use it, because 508 VR is enough, while 520 is gravy...but I'm back to vents because I like the 0.01 accuracy, 12m of VR and the modest camo bonus? Really it doesn't matter. Derpidan uses the rammer because you can't flank and pen in XXXXXXXXXXXXXX battles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

With the 105mm its not quite hot garbage now, because 3150 dpm so like flanks become meaningful and trades less dumb. 

And you can take the vstab off if playing the 105, add vents, +12m VR, boss with a 390 punch.

I've also noticed that for a tier ten light in CW, a 300 pen HEAT round > 248 pen AP round (T-100LT) - especially at long range. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

And you can take the vstab off if playing the 105, add vents, +12m VR, boss with a 390 punch.

I've heard the same thing about the T-100. Is the gun handling really that good?

I have this thing unlocked, but credits are an issue. I'm not sure if I want to buy the Sheridan, (also unlocked) AMX 50b, go for a Leopard 1 instead or just save up for cola on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crab made me play a few games in it today. He also made me take off the Vstab. It's alright to play. It certainly isn't good. It's probably on the low end of mediocre. With the 105 you can at least do stuff and feel like a tank sometimes, so I guess that is good. But my damn boat hull still doesn't float.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

And you can take the vstab off if playing the 105, add vents, +12m VR, boss with a 390 punch.

I've also noticed that for a tier ten light in CW, a 300 pen HEAT round > 248 pen AP round (T-100LT) - especially at long range. :) 

Good tip. I think it's definitely playable without vertical subwoofe stabilizer. 531 VR is pretty good for burning camo. I think the vstab might be better for quality of life, but it's not a must have. The Sheridan without a vstab is a RhmPz with. 

2 hours ago, monjardin said:

I've heard the same thing about the T-100. Is the gun handling really that good?

I have this thing unlocked, but credits are an issue. I'm not sure if I want to buy the Sheridan, (also unlocked) AMX 50b, go for a Leopard 1 instead or just save up for cola on sale.

Don't buy a Leo1. The Leo1's niche is absolutely better occupied by a post buff Sheridan, this thread title couldn't be more appropriate now. The pen gain and accuracy is nice, but doesn't stack to the camo advantage.

14 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

Crab made me play a few games in it today. He also made me take off the Vstab. It's alright to play. It certainly isn't good. It's probably on the low end of mediocre. With the 105 you can at least do stuff and feel like a tank sometimes, so I guess that is good. But my damn boat hull still doesn't float.

Make is a strong word friend. It totally should float. It's now a serviceable 390 farmer, with a side of vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been playing it on the test server and I noticed how good with vStab this thing becomes, hitting thing on the move at full speed at 400m with ease.

The camo is so bad that you get spotted by a lot of things and outspotted by all other tier X lights, so I was thinking you should just go with a normal setup? Vstab, optics and rammer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Have been playing it on the test server and I noticed how good with vStab this thing becomes, hitting thing on the move at full speed at 400m with ease.

The camo is so bad that you get spotted by a lot of things and outspotted by all other tier X lights, so I was thinking you should just go with a normal setup? Vstab, optics and rammer?

The weakness is the camo, the strengths are the VR and gun handling. If you want to make the gun handling one iota better than it already is, use VStab. If you want to mitigate the camo, use vents and gain even more VR at same time (11m). 

My 'does it need Vstab' test is to snap aim at something and figure whether you could even settle and fire before the circle is minimized.If the circle beats you, you dont need Vstab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So vstab vents and optics? Because that is how i played it on the common test. Vstab is so important on lts to minimize exposure more than raw dpm. But the fact it gets outspotted by all the other lts is retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I didn't like it without vstab. The thing is just to big and soft. Needs minimal exposure and 520 view does the job.

I’m glad to hear you say that. I initially tried rammer/optics/vents and was disappointed. It needs the gun firing consistently with minimal exposure.

@SmyleeRage was running vstab in place of optics on stream, but I think I’d be better served dropping vents at my skill level. 

I’m depressingly bad with this tank. I keep getting burned by how big it is. There’s many “light tank positions” where I shouldn’t be taking this thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wrong about vstab. I took vents off and put it back on, and now I'm getting better results both on Sheridan and Fatton. One has to wonder how good aimtime has to be before vstab isnt worth it, as we are sub 2 second on both those and even though the difference is hardly noticeable the results seem to be positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

I was wrong about vstab. I took vents off and put it back on, and now I'm getting better results both on Sheridan and Fatton. One has to wonder how good aimtime has to be before vstab isnt worth it, as we are sub 2 second on both those and even though the difference is hardly noticeable the results seem to be positive.

Aside from the T92 light tank, I've yet to feel like dropping vstab works for me in any tank. The T92 and T-100 have such an amazing combination of camo and small size that they really work as pure scouts. The Sheridan is bigger than a lot of heavy tanks and the camo is worst in class. So, it's all about maximizing damage dealing, and minimizing gun dispersion (with vstab) is a big part that.

It's the same with the Fatton. Yes, the turret is pretty good now, but you still don't want to give people time to aim. Overall, the armor isn't good enough to hold a position like a heavy in many cases. So, again, it's all about efficiently dealing damage (hence vstab).

With all that said, I'm still total shit in the Sheridan, and it's been collecting dust recently. At least I took @CraBeatOff's advice and didn't buy a Leo 1 too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Sheridan is pretty crap. Fix those 152mm softs WG so i can at least have a FAT49.

It has its place; try the wall with the slot in Siegfried Line to not only snipe the field in a medium-like way but also spot everything there without even trying. It seems to accrue lots of assisted when you are trying for damage. Lately I have been using its speed to drive around all over the place, take sneaky shots at stuff - especially their lights - and light up stuff in passing. It might be big and not have the best camo, but its very fast and has the best view range. Even without vents I'm getting 503 with food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This with the derp is great fun, had been playing with the 105 but the derp is almost as much fun as the t49 trollwagon... Almost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ThDVVbr.gif

It's been a while since I've gone derping. I just mounted the BFG on the Sheridan for the first time, and I was rewarded with this gem in the first outing.

The joy of this 1-shot on a full HP camping Charioteer at ~300 m while zipping along at 60 kph is hard to put into words. Nuked a clicker and got some French TD butt in the corner afterwards.

:epicsaxguy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got enough credits to get this thing, and honestly the 105 is loads of fun. Overall a very comfy little tank, and because of the holiday ops bonus I'm making credits driving the thing with food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've mounted full improved equipment on this to have a T49 with terrible MM to grind bonds with. I use ivstab, ioptics and irammer to get 550VR - tons of passive spotting and outspotting EBRs. I use both guns. The 105 for scavenging and the 152 for control. Kemp boosh, hope your team can pick off the EBRs. It's fun in either mode. Just accept that you can't brawl EBRs or T-100s and that the Leo1 is now 2x the tank you are. With a camo directive you at least can sneak some places a Leo1 can't...

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5408916#studzianki-crabeatoff-xm551_sheridan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 1:43 PM, CraBeatOff said:

I've mounted full improved equipment on this to have a T49 with terrible MM to grind bonds with. I use ivstab, ioptics and irammer to get 550VR - tons of passive spotting and outspotting EBRs. I use both guns. The 105 for scavenging and the 152 for control. Kemp boosh, hope your team can pick off the EBRs. It's fun in either mode. Just accept that you can't brawl EBRs or T-100s and that the Leo1 is now 2x the tank you are. With a camo directive you at least can sneak some places a Leo1 can't...

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5408916#studzianki-crabeatoff-xm551_sheridan

And here's the video

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...