Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

But but but... how do you scout with 360 view range?

However this is so ugly that I kinda want it.. but I hate MT-25 with a passion. It feels so useless in all games. Maybe I need to L2P.

The camo value is around 36+ % with a full camo crew so you can scout from some pretty stupid locations. With VR skills, optics, food, you hit the max spotting range so it doesn't feel as bad as it is.

Its more of a better T-43 in almost every way than an actual scout

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

The camo value is around 36+ % with a full camo crew so you can scout from some pretty stupid locations. With VR skills, optics, food, you hit the max spotting range so it doesn't feel as bad as it is.

Its more of a better T-43 in almost every way than an actual scout

I'm at like 35+% camo and my crew is somewhere in the 80-85% range for camo skill. I think the final camo value is closer to 40 which is pretty stupidly awesome.

The beauty of this tank is that you don't feel useless in any of the games unlike some of the other lights. Just go into medium mode and farm damage. Did 3k damage on Prokhorovka last night when spotting wasn't really working so I just played like a fast slithering medium.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought this tank. If the camo value of this tank is better than the MT-25 I'm going to have a fucking field day with this tank! And my crew has 94% camo skill. Still working on 6th for the commander. 

Plus my wife gots me a WoT gift card for fathers day so just to be an extra dick I might paint this tank with camo. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Plus my wife gots me a WoT gift card for fathers day so just to be an extra dick I might paint this tank with camo. :D

Quasimodo tank gets a new pair of shoes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2017 at 0:35 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

Quasimodo tank gets a new pair of shoes!

So just to be a super dick my crew has camo skill, exterior camo and camo net. lol 

I've only got a few games under my belt but if you're top tier, and you can get in the right spot quick enough, you are seriously in stealth mode! You can even get away with shooting and not be seen on occasion.

My only gripe is this tank is slow on acceleration. Might give governor removed a try and see if it helps.

Edit: Camo net was only effective on certain maps but still invisible without it. Now running rammer, optics and vents for that little boost in view range which comes out to a little over 400m.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2017 at 11:55 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

IWBmtY6.jpg

d3ao4bb.jpg

Wanted to keep DPG over 2k but had to do a lot of passive scouting last few games. Got LT-14.3 done tho! The WR is solo but idk what it would be over a larger sample

You have any replays of the LTG on small maps like Ensk and Abbey? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crapcannon said:

You have any replays of the LTG on small maps like Ensk and Abbey? 

Nope . Updates break replays and I havnt really played in months

Link to post
Share on other sites

Runing Rammer , Vert, Optics. Thinking of dropping Rammer for Vents to push VR. So far I'm at 415m with 6th + some camo (around 80%). It can get close but I'm surprised how sluggish it is. Also jesus dat accuracy. 0.4 is shit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 7:22 AM, hazzgar said:

Equipment? Optics vert vents? 

 

On 4/24/2017 at 1:45 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

vertstab, rammer, optics + food

Food is really the only way to compensate for the terrible view range and a scrub crew.  It doesn't burn often but the FF directive can be used to mitigate that, if concerned.

When scouting you have to rely on your superior camo (to get closer) rather than out-visioning tanks and overall play a little safer and use the gun.

This tank should scale up nicely with a well developed crew, I suspect vents would be an option when you have BIA and view range skills maxed... and maybe then dropping food.

(Currently, I am only at 1.8 crew skills and finishing up camo across the board with Sixth, Snap, and Clutch for starters.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

 

Food is really the only way to compensate for the terrible view range and a scrub crew.  It doesn't burn often but the FF directive can be used to mitigate that, if concerned.

When scouting you have to rely on your superior camo (to get closer) rather than out-visioning tanks and overall play a little safer and use the gun.

This tank should scale up nicely with a well developed crew, I suspect vents would be an option when you have BIA and view range skills maxed... and maybe then dropping food.

(Currently, I am only at 1.8 crew skills and finishing up camo across the board with Sixth, Snap, and Clutch for starters.)

I was asking about equipment. Food is an obvious choice on all scouts. Also why do you suggest Vents and Food are mutually prohibitive. I'm thinking of dropping either rammer or verts for vents to maximize vr. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

I would just grind through it and get on to the next 3 excellent tanks in that line. It's just not  quite good enough to be a keeper at tier.

Yeah I know though tier7 is a very good tier for lights so I want to maximize my performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I was asking about equipment. Food is an obvious choice on all scouts. Also why do you suggest Vents and Food are mutually prohibitive. I'm thinking of dropping either rammer or verts for vents to maximize vr. 

The LTGs view range is poor and remains poor with a scrub crew even with food and vents.  Maximizing view range by adding vents to food doesn't change the tanks character enough to make it a vision winning scout, it still has to fight.

From my perspective I run food on exactly two scouts so I don't consider it an obvious choice for most (and you never mentioned it).  Thereafter, i kind of sidetracked into the paradigm of mediums dropping optics for BIA, Vents, Food to maintain 445 spotting distance and similar trade-offs can be made here as well (to reduce cost) but it will never be a vision winning scout and pursuing maximizing view range is a wasted effort, especially if only grinding through it.

LTG Config 1 Config 2 Config 3 Config 4 Config 5
Optics 1 1 1 1 1
Vents     1 1 1
Recon       1 1
SA       1 1
Food   1 1 1  
           
View Range 396 412 421 447 427

 

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I would just grind through it and get on to the next 3 excellent tanks in that line. It's just not  quite good enough to be a keeper at tier.

Very True, but with so many of my personal favourite LTs trashed in the T10 upgrade I find this is a fugly meme worthy little go cart to tool around in...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 8_Hussars said:

The LTGs view range is poor and remains poor with a scrub crew even with food and vents.  Maximizing view range by adding vents to food doesn't change the tanks character enough to make it a vision winning scout, it still has to fight.

From my perspective I run food on exactly two scouts so I don't consider it an obvious choice for most (and you never mentioned it).  Thereafter, i kind of sidetracked into the paradigm of mediums dropping optics for BIA, Vents, Food to maintain 445 spotting distance and similar trade-offs can be made here as well (to reduce cost) but it will never be a vision winning scout and pursuing maximizing view range is a wasted effort.

 

Very True, but with so many of my personal favourite LTs trashed in the T10 upgrade I find this is a fugly meme worthy little go cart to tool around in...

I might put the girl we get for free as a commander here to get some decent vision. I've seen people hit max vr on this POS somehow but yeah probably won't be me. 

 

Have in mind the tank has very good camo so even with 415-420m vr it can work as a scout as long as you don't meet any of the prem lights which will burn through your camo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hazzgar said:

I might put the girl we get for free as a commander here to get some decent vision. I've seen people hit max vr on this POS somehow but yeah probably won't be me. 

 

Have in mind the tank has very good camo so even with 415-420m vr it can work as a scout as long as you don't meet any of the prem lights which will burn through your camo. 

Updated post with numbers, but your second point is very true and was more or less what i was getting at...as you will never out-vision them

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

Updated post with numbers, but your second point is very true and was more or less what i was getting at...as you will never out-vision them

Yeah but those are only 4 tanks. You can easily outvision other non prem lights. Yeah the US ones have good VR but have shitty camo so you spot them first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah but those are only 4 tanks. You can easily outvision other non prem lights. Yeah the US ones have good VR but have shitty camo so you spot them first.

Those are the five configurations for the LTG not different tanks (I will edit it to reflect that better).

Unless your try-harding config 4 (best view range at 447) you are well under max view range... the addition of vents does not provide an appreciable vision advantage.  You still have to camo scout instead of vision scout which I alluded to in my first response... hence why IMHO dropping rammer for vents does not seem worth it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Those are the five configurations for the LTG not different tanks (I will edit it to reflect that better).

Unless your try-harding config 4 (best view range at 447) you are well under max view range... the addition of vents does not provide an appreciable vision advantage.  You still have to camo scout instead of vision scout which I alluded to in my first response... hence why IMHO dropping rammer for vents does not seem worth it...

I was not talking about your ltg configurations but about tanks that can easily outspot ltg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. If it wasn't for the 5x weekend I'd probably 3 mark it before the end of the grind. Peope play this tank REALLY REALLY bad since I'm at 86% while I still have 15K exp to grind. It's not even super bad. The speed is annoying but the low profile and good camo can be abused. Also that 300 dmg he is memes. Love it when CDC's yolo me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to doing thread necros for my little reviews as an average player grinding lines.

The LTG in late 2020 and early 2021 (which is when I have done most of the grind). It's so-so for the tier and the class, although to be honest it feels more like a low-HP medium tank. On the plus side, it is flat as a pancake so has great camo, which can really be leveraged with a good crew. It has a good gun for the class and tier, basically a medium tank gun, with good penetration, alpha and decent DPM and gun handling (it's a bit unreliable at range). It's got decent mobility and with that good camo it can get to some interesting spots to do work.

On the downside, it has no armour (although it's a light tank, so meh), has quite bad view range (360 base, so you won't be maxing it out without a good crew), and personally I find it slow to accelerate and get up to speed, while also feeling like it lost a lot in the turn, although perhaps that was just me. It's also ugly, with an oddly shaped turret that pokes up in a wired corner which can make hiding awkward at times.

It's certainly not a bad grind by any stretch of the imagine, but not really that fun or interesting to feel like a keeper either, although it was especially painful for me early on as I had basically a 1-skill crew in it. 50 games, 56% win rate, 975 average damage per game (better than the WZ in the tier, but less than the AMX which are my other recent light tank grinds) but with 794 average assist (better than both those other two).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely I've grinded through it 2 times, 1 time a year ago and I've always had great results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...