Tanager

Data sync btw. game servers and API servers?

Hi all,

The client shows me as having 13,952 battles and a 49.92% win rate.  The API server (which is what I assume my WoT profile uses as well) shows me with 13,619 battles and a 49.73% win rate.  I assume there is some ETL job, probably batch driven, which keeps these in sync, but it doesn't seem to have run in at least a day or two.  Anyone know how often the game server stats are synced back to whatever persistence layer is used by the API servers?  If they didn't have multiple sources of truth, of course...but that's another topic.

I tried renaming my existing dossier_cache folder and restarting the client - it recreates a local dossier that has the correct stats in it, which reassures me that the game servers appear to have all of my battle stats...

Curiously, most of the stats sites show my most recent battle as right before 9.18 came out, which makes me wonder if that's the issue?  Heck, noobmeter (to pick one) still shows the RU 251 as a tier 8...

Yes...nothing is updating.  My guess is WG pulled the plug on it for now.  Think about it...all of these sites cover all WG servers not just the US.  Currently only the US has 9.18 so any adjustments that will be made (and there WILL be a lot of them) would currently only affect US players and be really wrong for other servers.  There's going to have to be a BIG LT adjustment and SPG adjustment for sure...probably everything.

It almost makes you wonder if WG is holding the stats in case they decide to roll back the patch and NOT release it to the other servers.

10 minutes ago, Grasschopper said:

Yes...nothing is updating.  My guess is WG pulled the plug on it for now.  Think about it...all of these sites cover all WG servers not just the US.  Currently only the US has 9.18 so any adjustments that will be made (and there WILL be a lot of them) would currently only affect US players and be really wrong for other servers.  There's going to have to be a BIG LT adjustment and SPG adjustment for sure...probably everything.

It almost makes you wonder if WG is holding the stats in case they decide to roll back the patch and NOT release it to the other servers.

Thanks, the point about 9.18 being NA only at this point makes complete sense.  That may also explain the multiple sources of truth, although they could solve that by having geo-specific API endpoints, which should be a relatively easy solution to implement.  Oh well, thanks for confirming this isn't just me.

I've been wondering about this myself. 

1 hour ago, Grasschopper said:

This sounds about right to me.

15 minutes ago, Lamplight said:

I've been wondering about this myself. 

This sounds about right to me.

You really think it's a possibility?

18 hours ago, Lamplight said:

Absolutely. Wargaming knows how potentially devastating this patch is. 

There is nothing wrong with this patch and in fact, I think it's one of the best patches released by Wargaming as of date. 

How about out you quit mimic'ing what you see on the forums and actually play the game for yourself?