21 hours ago, Kramburglar said:

Doesn't WG farm out all their HD modelling to a 3rd party company?

Dunno, maybe. Although it's weird because model is pretty much essential to the game. It's hard to believe they don't have in house 3D modelers. But it's WG so fuck logic :serb:

53 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Dunno, maybe. Although it's weird because model is pretty much essential to the game. It's hard to believe they don't have in house 3D modelers. But it's WG so fuck logic :serb:

They probably outsource the 3D modelling to slaves some random indians 3D modelling group/company who barely has an idea of what they're trying to do

7 hours ago, leggasiini said:

"but we cant nerf premium tanks" says WG

they can always stealth nerf it, all the module crap (crew deads, fire chance etc) are hidden, and so are credit income multiplier and repair cost

Heck, if they really want to, they can slightly change the model, shaving of 1 deg of armor on the ufp wont be noticed by anyone, but it will certainly metter for the % of bounce

12 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

they can always stealth nerf it, all the module crap (crew deads, fire chance etc) are hidden, and so are credit income multiplier and repair cost

Heck, if they really want to, they can slightly change the model, shaving of 1 deg of armor on the ufp wont be noticed by anyone, but it will certainly metter for the % of bounce

they've done this with the fcm I'm 90% sure (weaker ammorack, higher fire chance and accuracy/bloom) but maybe its paranoia

2 hours ago, Vindi said:

they've done this with the fcm I'm 90% sure (weaker ammorack, higher fire chance and accuracy/bloom) but maybe its paranoia

Bloom is same. Most what they did to FCM is powercreep it + add corridors. 

I for one hope they stagger WoT ranked with WoWs ranked. I'm not sure I could handle both of them simultaneously.

23 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

they can always stealth nerf it, all the module crap (crew deads, fire chance etc) are hidden

No, actually, they can't really. They're all visible in the client files, so while changes may not be immediately apparent or documented they can be found. It's how I know many artillery pieces had their module damage cut in half in the 9.18 patch. Crew death is listed in the crew file (and is different based on whether they're being hit by an explosion or a kinetic round/HEAT jet), fire chance is listed right on the engine module.

11 hours ago, Vindi said:

It's paranoia. You can see the totally identical stats here.

https://vk.com/wall-127481957_43

Not sure of the reliability of the source, but

" Unlike Random Battles, your success depends directly on your results, not your team’s. The more successful you are in battle, the higher your rank in a special Random Battles ladder.  "

" - Economy. Along with the usual earnings per battle, you will get bonuses (сredits, consumables, and Personal Reserves) for reaching a new rank and fulfilling the special combat mission, exclusive to Ranked Battles. At the end of a season, you receive a certain amount of an all-new in-game currency, Bonds, which can’t be bought with credits or gold. Bonds can buy new consumables and improved equipment that significantly boost crew skills and vehicle parameters. The higher your score for the season, the more Bonds you earn. 
- Improved equipment. Analogy of the standard equipment that already exist in the game. However it provides a bigger bonus to the technical characteristics. Such equipment can be bought with Bonds only. 
- Directives. A new type of consumables used for increasing technical characteristics of vehicles. The directives can increase the bonus of the mounted equipment or learnt skills/perks of the crew members. A player can equip only one directive at a time. Once used in battle, a new directive needs to be purchased.  "

So a new game mode that promotes the -opposite- of teamwork, and a new currency, only available from said mode, that gives access to higher level consumables and equipment that will only increase the disparity between good players and bad players?

Well, it's not p2w, but cancer to win seems like the opposite of a legitimate endgame. Unless the "improved" equipment only adds a progression bonus on top of the normal combat effectiveness bonus (i.e. bonus XP, more credits), it really seems cancerous, especially with the goals of the game mode.

I could see -anything- else, maybe some rare prems, some unique camos, unique emblems, etc for the new IG currency.

I really hope this source isn't correct.

Apparently no buffs or nerfs coming this patch either, other than mantle armor changes to tier 6 Shermans.

T-103 is also added on 9.19 supertest among with Chinese TDs (tier 8-9). Im looking forward to see T-103's stats, its so beautiful that i want it

– Improved equipment. Analogy of the standard equipment that already exist in the game. However it provides a bigger bonus to the technical characteristics. Such equipment can be bought with Bonds only.

– Directives. A new type of consumables used for increasing technical characteristics of vehicles. The directives can increase the bonus of the mounted equipment or learnt skills/perks of the crew members. A player can equip only one directive at a time. Once used in battle, a new directive needs to be purchased

Basically Rubicon all over again, except this time you will have to pay with braincells and time instead of your shekels.

It would make too much sense for WG to just sell exp/credit boosters and reward tanks for those bonds instead of this...

Can´t wait for the incoming shitstorm...

6 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

It would make too much sense for WG to just sell exp/credit boosters and reward tanks for those bonds instead of this...

God forbid we ever have the chance to get the T95/Chieftain, Obj 777, Obj 257, M48E2, Obj 268 v5, etc. 

Why buff ST-I ? It's so good though.. 

Directives. A new type of consumables used for increasing technical characteristics of vehicles. The directives can increase the bonus of the mounted equipment or learnt skills/perks of the crew members. A player can equip only one directive at a time. Once used in battle, a new directive needs to be purchased. 

This is clearly what they wanted to implement in rubicon and they are serving it to us in another form. I guess it's not P2W but honestly i don't know why we would need that in the first place. 

Just offer gold/consumable/equipement/credit/reserve and maybe some premium tanks and the gamemode will just be fine.. 

I assume everything is subject to change, but promoting individualism in this game will not end well. We already have people who prefer farming wn over actually winning the game and Id argue they are just as bad for the game as windowlickers. My understanding is that the goal of the game is to win a match, not farm statistics. If you promote statistics farm, then this will carry over even more to randoms.

Still, I am curious how the matches will look like. Everyone sitting behind a rock waiting for someone to be the first dumbass to move?

9 minutes ago, hall0 said:

It really annoys me that, even though the news in on the EU server, the screens are still in Cyrillic and therefore are pretty much useless for me

Thats okay, we are second rate citizens anyway. Could you imagine the uproar if news was delivered to EU or NA first and RU portal had only english screencaps? I can ready russian but understandably this is frustrating to those who cant.

4 hours ago, Vesirott said:

I assume everything is subject to change, but promoting individualism in this game will not end well. We already have people who prefer farming wn over actually winning the game and Id argue they are just as bad for the game as windowlickers. My understanding is that the goal of the game is to win a match, not farm statistics. If you promote statistics farm, then this will carry over even more to randoms.

Still, I am curious how the matches will look like. Everyone sitting behind a rock waiting for someone to be the first dumbass to move?

Honestly, I don't think this gamemode will promote individualism. You are ranked by XP, not by DMG, and while on winning team, 12 players get "chevron", on losing one, only 3 of them do. So the incentive is still very much to win, not just purely do DMG.

Anyway, while frontline atleast a bit promising, this will most likely be a fail. Special equipment/consumables are guaranteed shitstorm, T10 only and ranked MM mean mode will be dead on NA/ASIA after a week, and it doesn't offer anything new compared to randoms.

XP is farmed by dmg ofc but close dmg not sniping CHAI style, assisted dmg and blocking. So farming dmg is still the most efficient way of getting chevrons, but you need to play the game. What bothers me is that if you win the game you just get the same amount of chevrons, regardless of what you do. 

On 4/24/2017 at 6:42 PM, kariverson said:

I still remember WG promising an ingame store with stronghold boxes that you could buy even tanks. And I grinded and grinded tens of thousands. Did not happen. Wouldn't mind it happening with the frontline mode though. It's pretty fun. 

This could possibly happen with Ranked