lordawesome7

M4A3E8 Thunderbolt VII- 120mm slopped armor and 42 top speed, best of both worlds?

http://tanks.gg/compare/m4a3e2?t=thunderbolt~m4a3e8

now on paper the thunderbolt seems okay, trading DPM for better gun handling and less speed then the regular E8

but then i noticed the bloody armor is crazy good, 120mm slopped, thats crazy AND it has semi decent mobility unlike the E2  http://tanks.gg/tank/thunderbolt/model?vm=live

cm7y4DD.png

wJ2ZucS.png

what do you guys think about the new tier 6 coming this may? (it was confirmed in the may overview)

I suspect that it's a better tank than both the E8 and Jumbo... but it's a tier 6 medium with a 76mm.

Yeah, its tier 6 medium with 76mm, so i wouldnt worry too much about it. Also, it has fucking horrible LFP armor unlike Jumbo, while it cant sidescrape either because 38 is very ass side armor.

It's  T6 premium like the 85M was. It's got some usable(even good) armor vs same tier and lower tanks, but the large number of T8's you'll see will go right through it.

I'll probably pick it up myself (I liked the E8, and i don't have the Fury) although I really wish it has the 12 degrees of depression like the E8. Still should be fun to play a few games in it, until I remember how weak that 76 actually is anyway,

(Still hoping this comes with a BIA crew as well)

It's kind of between the Easy8 and the Jumbo, less mobile and worse gun than the Easy8, less armour than the Jumbo.

Remember Jumbo stock turret is much better as well, this basically has an Easy8 turret, most tanks will pen outside the mantlet either to the sides or underneath.

Plus like legga said, 38mm sides compared to 76mm for the Jumbo. 

The prevalence of Patriots, Liberte, Defender, Skorp Gs, M4 Revs, Lowes, etc. has pretty much made all tier 6 premiums except the Crommy B and Type 64 irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

The prevalence of Patriots, Liberte, Defender, Skorp Gs, M4 Revs, Lowes, etc. has pretty much made all tier 6 premiums except the Crommy B and Type 64 irrelevant.  

It's not even just those tanks, tier 8s just shit all over tier 6s so much because the power gap is so big.

My thoughts are that the thunderbolt will be the best of the tier 6 shermans since the hit to mobility is nothing compared to the boosts elsewhere, but it's still a tier 6 medium with the american 76mm.  If you're fine with running that gun at tier 6, you should be fine with this.  I'd like to grab one myself, but I'm not paying WG for it.

I earned three marks on the Fury and am apparently #1 DPG on the NA server according to dpgwhores.com, so my interest is piqued...so long as it isn't too expensive.

For all the flaws of the E8 and the 76mm M1 family, I rather like them.

6 hours ago, Migizikody said:

so are they done with releasing over-armored tier 8 prems and now they're moving on to over-armoring tier 6 prems?

Just after they've buffed the T-34-85M recently to make it relevant, yeah maybe.

13 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

It's  T6 premium like the 85M was. It's got some usable(even good) armor vs same tier and lower tanks, but the large number of T8's you'll see will go right through it.

I'll probably pick it up myself (I liked the E8, and i don't have the Fury) although I really wish it has the 12 degrees of depression like the E8. Still should be fun to play a few games in it, until I remember how weak that 76 actually is anyway,

(Still hoping this comes with a BIA crew as well)

I'd like to pick it up as well. Bonus if it comes with a BIA crew unlike the Fury

They'd better damn make the TC Creighton Abrams himself, along with his crew. 

If I had to hazard a guess it might be released timed with some commemoration of Abrams.

I'm sure I will feel compelled to buy it and then play it 10 times and then it will sit in my garage and collect dust. I guess I can always trade it in now and save it for the next OP tier 8 premium tank.

Except you can only trade for tanks in the tank tree, and they don't put any of the OP tanks in the tree.

Yep, QB says his crew came with BIA, but as a first skill, not a free skill, Aging Jedi said the crew came with BIA, but they were only trained at 50% on the vehicle.

So sounds like the crew gets BIA...maybe.. but have to wait and see.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:56 AM, Archaic_One said:

On 4/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, ZXrage said:

It's not even just those tanks, tier 8s just shit all over tier 6s so much because the power gap is so big.

I just don't see it, especially post patch. There are no good +2 power gaps, they're all insurmountable. But 6 has a +1 gap better than anything than 9 to 10. There are a lot of strong 6 tanks, premium or not.  I fancy the autoloaders in the Strv A2 and Skoda T25, but also the T-35-85 clan.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:54 AM, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

My thoughts are that the thunderbolt will be the best of the tier 6 shermans since the hit to mobility is nothing compared to the boosts elsewhere, but it's still a tier 6 medium with the american 76mm.  If you're fine with running that gun at tier 6, you should be fine with this.  I'd like to grab one myself, but I'm not paying WG for it.

The Firefly called, it wanted to remind you what the best tier 6 Sherman is.

It's up, basic tank is $17.99 and it comes with a zero skill BIA crew. (I assume that Tiger 131 or some German one will have a German BIA crew) 

It's also one of 4 tanks you can use for the May Tank Reward missions.

On 28/04/2017 at 1:41 AM, KenadianCSJ said:

This looks fun, but then again, the American 76mm is trash.

Most of the American guns in WoT are designed around "heheheh rich American will pay extra money to make up for terrible shell speed and penetration"

Actually the Thunderbolt has one of the better 76mms behind the Hellcat and the Type 64.  The Jumbo, E8 and Fury are basically redundant now.  I'll be looking forward to more (better than tech tree and older premium incarnation) tanks in the future.

57 minutes ago, 21Blackjack said:

Most of the American guns in WoT are designed around "heheheh rich American will pay extra money to make up for terrible shell speed and penetration"

This make no sense...

But that hp/ton!!!  It's Spershing levels of slow up any sort of incline. I've watched a few replays, and the gun seems workable and the frontal armor is troll against same tier and lower, but sooooo slow!