SchnitzelTruck

BatChat 12T Appreciation Thread

Matchmaking maketh the tank. I'm enjoying the B-C more simply because the horror of 9.18 MM has eased off. WR up 6% as a direct result. Only ~360k XP left to go 'til I elite it...

Edited by sohojacques
Typo

I have this unlocked but don't have the creds yet.  Using the 13 57 to grind a crew for it first, b/c my 13 75 crew is staying the hell put where they are.  Assuming loadout of optics/vents/vstab, is it playable with a relatively green crew (commander has 6S and is working on camo, will probably be about 50% camo on the other two when I have the credits)?  I'm not planning on running food in it, but I can if I have to (I've got a decent stockpile from past sales/rewards).

1 hour ago, Tanager said:

I have this unlocked but don't have the creds yet.  Using the 13 57 to grind a crew for it first, b/c my 13 75 crew is staying the hell put where they are.  Assuming loadout of optics/vents/vstab, is it playable with a relatively green crew (commander has 6S and is working on camo, will probably be about 50% camo on the other two when I have the credits)?  I'm not planning on running food in it, but I can if I have to (I've got a decent stockpile from past sales/rewards).

Sure, it is playable. Yes, it will be substantially better with a high skill crew. Light tanks benefit more than any other class from lots of crew skills and Frenchies are even worse because you only have 3 crew members.

With only 380 view range the 12t struggles doing light tank things. Playing with full camo, BIA, SA, Recon, and food will allow you to be much more effective. I think I ended up playing this with just BIA+Camo and possibly food which was enough to be #1NA12T for the month that I played it.

19 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Sure, it is playable. Yes, it will be substantially better with a high skill crew. Light tanks benefit more than any other class from lots of crew skills and Frenchies are even worse because you only have 3 crew members.

With only 380 view range the 12t struggles doing light tank things. Playing with full camo, BIA, SA, Recon, and food will allow you to be much more effective. I think I ended up playing this with just BIA+Camo and possibly food which was enough to be #1NA12T for the month that I played it.

Yeah people are horrible in this tank. I 2 marked it during the grind despite the fact it was the time when I was trying boosts while in regular battles (so regurarly I flipped and crashed with 0 dmg done).

Still as long as you don't see t10s it still can be decent. I had fun in mine though maybe I had good mm.

Consider grinding to AMX 30 proto and placed female crew in 12t, and give it a try.

I like my this tank.  Especially when MM is kind.

Feels really good to drive it. Nimble and quick,  and fast aiming gun. 1,8 sec with BIA and food.

One game in this thing stock was enough to convince me not to come back until I have the free XP to upgrade.  I hear stories about "nimble and quick," and I keep thinking, what am I missing?  Then I see the 25% upgrade in engine power and the mobility increase from tracks, and I think, oh yeah, THAT.

In my previous post (ages ago) I stated that I sold it as soon as the patch dropped.

What a mistake. I just bought it for FL and to have at least one t8 non premium light in my garage.

Played it with stock engine and tracks, which luckily still allow you to mount the top gun and equipment.

Let's just say I got over 5k damage in a single "life", which is a big deal when most of the opposition runs defenders and other extremely armoured tier 8s.

Only played 2 pubs to get the engine and tracks, forgot to switch my 44 AP shells for a 50/50 split, yet managed to have 2 semi decent t9 games on el halluf (lost to cap) and Paris (won, all enemies ded).

Definitely a keeper. As of now on EU MOEs are quite low for this thing, around 1300 combined for the 3rd mark. People (including me) don't realize how much potential this little thing has.

13 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

As of now on EU MOEs are quite low for this thing, around 1300 combined for the 3rd mark.

I know the requirements are low but I seriously doubt they’re that low. 1300 won’t 3 mark the tier 6 12t.

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

I know the requirements are low but I seriously doubt they’re that low. 1300 won’t 3 mark the tier 6 12t.

It's what the MoE mod is showing, but it may be so low because I only have 2 pub games in it. I found it odd too honestly, and given the good overall performance of the tank I thought people would just skip it or play it as they usually play lights (RR and die after spotting 1-2 tanks)

On 5/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

It's what the MoE mod is showing, but it may be so low because I only have 2 pub games in it. I found it odd too honestly, and given the good overall performance of the tank I thought people would just skip it or play it as they usually play lights (RR and die after spotting 1-2 tanks)

It's wrong. The 3 marks on EU were on normal t8 3 mark levels. Don't remember exactly how high but I assume 2400-2600 looking at what pushed the % up for me when I marked mine. Now I hoover around 94% with around 2500. 

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It's wrong. The 3 marks on EU were on normal t8 3 mark levels. Don't remember exactly how high but I assume 2400-2600 looking at what pushed the % up for me when I marked mine. Now I hoover around 94% with around 2500. 

Yeah, the mod for some reason tells you stupid values when you play your first games in a new tank.

Still, should be doable without too much hassle.

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Yeah, the mod for some reason tells you stupid values when you play your first games in a new tank.

Still, should be doable without too much hassle.

relatively easy. Though light tanks are vulnerable to meta shifts. Haven't played this week but 2 weeks ago  the meta was "don't look at the map and don't shoot anything that is spoted" + 5-6 lights per team which made it harder to 3 mark or at least less enjoyable.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

2 weeks ago  the meta was "don't look at the map and don't shoot anything that is spoted" + 5-6 lights per team which made it harder to 3 mark or at least less enjoyable.

Still the same.  Amusingly, I had an "friendly" SU152 turn and blow my 1390 away because I had not joined the other 4 lights dying in the moguls on Pilsen  in the first 90 seconds of the match. 

11 hours ago, j_galt said:

Still the same.  Amusingly, I had an "friendly" SU152 turn and blow my 1390 away because I had not joined the other 4 lights dying in the moguls on Pilsen  in the first 90 seconds of the match. 

Yeah last month has been cancer playing lights. I've been playing some heavies to destress

I probably should have picked a different time to play this thing after a EBR 75 sale with non-sixth sense crew (or even 100% crew). I've come to really hate it, but honestly its seems to be because of the tanks I'm so often up against.