Errants

GW Tiger - How to win?

So, this arty was posing problems for me on my grind through it, but I figured it'd get better with the top gun.

It hasn't, the +/- 5 degrees of traverse was killer.  So, I thought maybe it'd get better with 9.18...

If anything, it's gotten worse... I didn't realize just how infuriating not being able to platoon in a support class would be.

So, now, I'm 11 games from getting the fucking thing to 50% WR...

What do I do to solo-carry in this?  How do I best utilize it IOT drag the pubs and me to victory?  Running 210mm with food, gas, and full SPrem HE.

36 minutes ago, Errants said:

What do I do to solo-carry in this?

solo carrying in arty patch .9.18... lol

playing arty... why

playing the worst arty line.... mega why

XdkPivg.jpg

just sell that POS

As soon as I get the fucker to 50%, I intend to... that's the only thing that's kept it in my garage.  GWE-100 is unlocked.  JUST need to get to 50%.

Why bother with it? A couple tanks in the garage with crap stats are just like scars. You earned them through experience and you remember them, but no one cares.

You don't.  It was like 3 years ago I ground through that line.  And tier 7-9 are shit.  You just deal with it.  I can only imagine how bad it is now.  The German arty line always suffered from being decent all around.  Being average in everything meant it was just that, average.  And the terrible traverse on 7-9 just made things worse.  

e/  looked up my stats in it, 173 battles and only 1700 dpg.  You know me and my arty @Errants, trust me when I say just forget about it.  I played this line before the 8.6(i think) arty nerf and it was shit beore then

This is the only SPG tree I userd to play when I started this game...

Got to tier 8 that GW Tiger P  piece of shayt tank and rage sold it...

My question is: How the hell can someone even think of asking a question how to solo-carry? :happymary:

Pretty much how i fixed my gwtiger p wr from 40%ish@ 50 games  and deep red wn8 to about 50+@100 games and almost teal wn8(basically ~60% 2k+dpg) was to 1) platoon 2) shoot highly armored targets your team can't pen 3) shoot clusters of 2-4 tanks to track/do max damage while keeping the lowest armored tank in the middle so as to do max dmg. However, as the gwtiger is a t9 you are going to be losing more due to the fact you are most probably replacing a t9 med/ht. Coupled with the alpha nerf and no platoons I would say its going to be next to impossible.

What i can suggest is to play it first tank of the day - if you win continue until you lose, if you lose then play it the next day. Aim for higher tier tanks, especially dangarous tanks(and i do not mean on xvm) - tanks which you can pen and tanks which are causing trouble to your team. Also make sure you are firing EVERY single time you reload, unless you are moving to get a better shot. And in between shots you should be moving as much as possible to get different angles, because people often move only once into cover thinking arty don't move that much - i often relocate entire flanks with a gwtiger p in between shots)

P.S. Arty hating not-so-bad mostly solo spg player(because my platoon mates just like me hate arty and tend to tk them because they don't like getting xvm/clan focused, but i collect tier Xs and need to do the spg missions for female crews, and also to get all with honours to complete 300/300 honours for personal missions)

xvm focus their best player, giving your horde of pubbies a chance to not die to them. ez pz

400 dmg per shot, faster reload, cannot miss, don't even need to hit 2, fuel + food + GLD + rammer........what else do you want from it? It's a winning machine.

Funny as it sounds, use the stock gun on it now. It's basically a lower tier obj 261. Shooting faster is better with stun mechanics

am I the only one who actually restored the GW Tiger P because it's actually good now?

4 hours ago, Tedster59 said:

am I the only one who actually restored the GW Tiger P because it's actually good now?

I can attest to this.  Before the patch it was horrible...limited gun traverse, you were lucky if you hit 1/4 shots and a 45 second reload meant you'd get to fire maybe 3 or 4 times in a battle.

Now....I've helped carry teams in this arty with top 3 dmg and exp by supporting pushes on flanks and shooting heavily armored tanks and the group thats almost always hiding around them.  Splash is actually big enough to matter now though i think stun range should be limited to no more than a few meters past that.   Plus it seems 3/4 of my shots land now if im fully aimed and the target is stationary so that T10 alpha and the dpm buff can now finally be put to good use.   Makes me kinda glad i didnt rage sell it.

GWT P actually has the same reload and accuracy as the M43 now, with more splash/damage/stun, in exchange for slightly worse mobility.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:35 PM, map381 said:

You don't.  It was like 3 years ago I ground through that line.  And tier 7-9 are shit.  You just deal with it.  I can only imagine how bad it is now.  The German arty line always suffered from being decent all around.  Being average in everything meant it was just that, average.  And the terrible traverse on 7-9 just made things worse.  
e/  looked up my stats in it, 173 battles and only 1700 dpg.  You know me and my arty @Errants, trust me when I say just forget about it.  I played this line before the 8.6(i think) arty nerf and it was shit beore then

11 hours ago, Tedster59 said:

17cm or 21cm?  Playing full Pay2win loadout for the rest.

I prefer the 21 cm now because of the extra splash radius and alpha...the faster reload on the 17 cm doesn't offset the the fact that it barely scratches the paint on superheavies.

On a side note load gold HE with the 21 cm for any "stun X number of enemies" missions and profit.   I had 3 of the t55a spg missions completed before the patch...now i only have a few left.   The new missions are even easier than before.

using the 21cm.  been running around in my lorraine 155 51 some also, and not being able to consistently damage superheavies is frustrating