Dakado24

WN8 Calculation

Hi,

I am trying to make 3rd wn8 calculator (mobile app in java) but I cant quite calculate the same overall wn8 as on wotlabs. I have the exact same wn8 per tank as on wotlabs but the overall I get does not match. For example my wn8 is 1721 but my calculations shows only 1605. Because I have all the tank values exactly the same the only problem that could happen is in the calculation with tanks that does not have expected values yet, how does wotlabs calculate with them ? Do they have same default expected values or they are not included in stats at all ?

Thanks for any ideas.

//EDIT: FOUND ISSUE IN THE FORMULA. (Now it shows correct values but still diferent to wotlabs, see below)

I am using this formula to calculate overall wn8 but for example this calculation returns that my wn8 is 1683 not 1721.

public int getOverallWN8() {
        double RatingWN8_TotalDamage = 0;
        double RatingWN8_TotalFrag = 0;
        double RatingWN8_TotalSpot = 0;
        double RatingWN8_TotalDef = 0;
        double RatingWN8_TotalWinrate = 0;

double RatingWN8_ExpDamage = 0;
        double RatingWN8_ExpFrag = 0;
        double RatingWN8_ExpSpot = 0;
        double RatingWN8_ExpDef = 0;
        double RatingWN8_ExpWinrate = 0;
        for (Tank t : tanks) {
            ExpectedValues ev = StatUtil.getExpectedValues(t);
            RatingWN8_TotalDamage += t.damage_dealt;
            RatingWN8_ExpDamage += ev.expDamage * t.battles;
            RatingWN8_TotalFrag += t.frags;
            RatingWN8_ExpFrag += ev.expFrag * t.battles;
            RatingWN8_TotalSpot += t.spotted;
            RatingWN8_ExpSpot += ev.expSpot * t.battles;
            RatingWN8_TotalDef += t.dropped_capture_points;
            RatingWN8_ExpDef += ev.expDef * t.battles;
            RatingWN8_ExpWinrate += (ev.expWinRate) / 100 * t.battles;
        }
        double rDAMAGE = RatingWN8_TotalDamage / RatingWN8_ExpDamage;
        double rFRAG = RatingWN8_TotalFrag / RatingWN8_ExpFrag;
        double rSPOT = RatingWN8_TotalSpot / RatingWN8_ExpSpot;
        double rDEF = RatingWN8_TotalDef / RatingWN8_ExpDef;
        double rWIN = RatingWN8_TotalWinrate / RatingWN8_ExpWinrate;

double rDAMAGEc = Math.max(0, (rDAMAGE - 0.22) / (1 - 0.22));
        double rFRAGc = Math.max(0, Math.min(rDAMAGEc + 0.2, (rFRAG - 0.12) / (1 - 0.12)));
        double rSPOTc = Math.max(0, Math.min(rDAMAGEc + 0.1, (rSPOT - 0.38) / (1 - 0.38)));
        double rDEFc = Math.max(0, Math.min(rDAMAGEc + 0.1, (rDEF - 0.10) / (1 - 0.10)));
        double rWINc = Math.max(0, (rWIN - 0.71) / (1 - 0.71));

double eDAMAGE = 980 * rDAMAGEc;
        double eFRAG = 210 * rDAMAGEc * rFRAGc;
        double eSPOT = 155 * rFRAGc * rSPOTc;
        double eDEF = 75 * rDEFc * rFRAGc;
        double eWIN = 145 * Math.min(1.8, rWINc);

double wn8 = eDAMAGE + eFRAG + eSPOT + eDEF + eWIN;

return (int) wn8;
    }

Well, I think that wotlabs just shows wrong wn8 values or it shows values including tanks without expected values which is weird but only reasonable explanation to this.

Yes, because your second ever post on wotlabs is to tell them:

23 hours ago, Dakado24 said:

I think that wotlabs just shows wrong wn8 values or it shows values including tanks without expected values which is weird but only reasonable explanation to this

Because this has not been discussed ad nausum on at least 9000 other topics started by other people with only 3 total posts ever who cannot use the search function.  But yeah, I'm a dirty shit poasting spammer.  Thanks for the neg-rep.

Yeah, but it is true, because there is NO correct value for WN8 because wn8 itself does not define how the tanks without expected values should be processed, so all sites including wotlabs shows wrong wn8 values, simply because there is no correct value. If you dont understand how wn8 works please do not comment.

Missing tanks is probably where your difference is coming from. I think the only sane way is to disregard them. Remove them from the data before calculating wn8.

Anyway here is an example of a standalone page that calculates wn8/wn9: http://wottactic.com/wn8_standalone.html

I think it's a very concise example of what is required, and it does calculate the same values as wotlabs and other rating sites, maybe you'll find it useful.

WoTLabs is currently using expected values table v29 while the expected values table at http://www.wnefficiency.net/wnexpected/ is v30 (posted today). v30 is updated so that all tanks of the same tier/class have the same values.

Since you posted this a few days ago, you were likely using table v29. Please note that the v29 values at the site listed above were also slightly different than what WoTLabs was using. WotLabs was using v29 but with v28 values for the E50 and 62A.

If you want your WN8 values to equal what WoTLabs displays, you have to use the same expected values as WoTLabs http://wotlabs.net/na/wnTable

Lol, the v30 WN8 update is the most stupid update I have ever seen, it breaks the WN8 concept itself, WN8 says about itself that it is the most accurate rating because it counts stats based on idividual tanks expected values and now it just doesnt matter which tank you play because WN8 said all of them are basically the same.

I think that WN8 will die soon because the authors just doing more and more stupid things... Like the doubling expected values for Patton and trpling for E50... I kind of feel like making my own and better rating...

2 hours ago, Dakado24 said:

the update breaks the WN8 concept itself

you're right, and the decision was made for several reasons that I can regurgitate here:

after the introduction of new LTs and changes to MM and arty, WN8 loses yet more validity for historical reasons (an inherent problem, but these recent changes are unprecedentedly significant)

up-keeping the expected values is a job that hasn't got eager volunteers left, hence the move to tier averages that needn't active maintenance as regards to the addition of new tanks

3 hours ago, Dakado24 said:

I think that WN8 will die soon

The changes to the game already killed it. Use WGPR for overall rating.

3 hours ago, Dakado24 said:

I kind of feel like making my own and better rating...

gl&hf

On 7. 5. 2017 at 3:05 PM, TAdoo87 said:

The changes to the game already killed it. Use WGPR for overall rating.

gl&hf

I already have everything I need, this is my site: http://lab-vole.cz