ZXrage

9.19: Bonds! (and its repercussions)

As you all know, bonds is the new in-game currency you can only get form the new ranked game mode. What you can do with it is posted here:
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/05/02/wot-9-19-bonds/

What interests me, however, is the equipment and the crew skill buff you can get with it:

rsNm17e1mSQ.jpg
U1AuG8jyzhI.jpg
l8GagPNfW0c.jpg

Thoughts?

The one time shit seems like a waste unless they are cheap ala food.  Equipment would be the only thing anyone would use. 

Personally, I don't really like this system. I'd rather see cosmetics or special tanks. This shit just makes me want to try hard af and you'll get nerds in pubs doing dumb shit. 

Bruuuuuh nooo

I loved idea of ranked battles but seriously, you basically are forcing people to play them in order to stay competitive because of those equipment things.

Please. DO SOMETHING FUCKING RELEVANT LIKE FIX THE ISSUES AND MAPS OR ADD MORE OF THEM, OR AT VERY LEAST ADD NEW TANK LINES (tho wg probs would make them either shit, broken or ass to play/ass to play against)

On other hand, O-Ho with supervstabs and superrammer... :kwim: 

3 hours ago, Graf-Eisen said:

So the gud get gud-er? Sounds like Wargaming logic all right.

IKR. Looks like they're trying to reduce the bullshit RNG, but only for the good players, who can already somewhat play around RNG. Why the fuck can't they just buff the current equipment up to those levels. It's like they're trying to make it up to the good players, since they get XVM focused, but this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. How about making the most useful features of popular mods just part of the game, and removing mod support? Or hiding the names of players at the start of a battle, and showing them only at the end? Why the fuck WG always try to work around minor problems (and go about it in the most mind-bogglingly retarded way possible) instead of just fixing them straight up, is beyond me. It's like the devs have never even played their own game.

Some diversity, i think it will push new mode and for some players will be irrelevant. Unicums will stay unicums regardless of equipment, this might help low end player base who will actually play this mode. 

Also from what i've seen, this isn't big bump one equipment (10% vs 12.5% on optics), i consider this a reward for playing shity mode. :D 

54 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Bruuuuuh nooo

I loved idea of ranked battles but seriously, you basically are forcing people to play them in order to stay competitive because of those equipment things.

Please. DO SOMETHING FUCKING RELEVANT LIKE FIX THE ISSUES AND MAPS OR ADD MORE OF THEM, OR AT VERY LEAST ADD NEW TANK LINES (tho wg probs would make them either shit, broken or ass to play/ass to play against)

On other hand, O-Ho with supervstabs and superrammer... :kwim: 

T49/Sheridan with supervents/supervstab/superrammer :gachi:

I really don't have a problem with the gamemode itself. I remember reading that it's pretty much exactly the same as random battles, except you are rewarded for your individual performance instead of relying on your team to not be mongoloids. That's a huge positive in my book. The problem is these rewards, and how they promote the people who are already very skilled, and spend a lot of time playing the game. For example, the current 10% gun rammer knocks off 0.7 from an STB-1's reload (from 7.6 seconds to 6.9 seconds, according to my calculations). The new 12.5% one will take off nearly a whole second (0.958 secs to be exact. Taking the reload from 7.6 seconds down to 6.7). A difference of 0.3 seconds is not "insignificant" in my opinion. It's roughly the same as using food and not using food on a tank. I've lost quite a few games that I could've won if my reload had been just a few milliseconds better.

OK to make this clear. We had bonus giving emblems which resulted in a huge shitstorm and the whole Rubicon was canceled. Now we get equipment with better stats and a pre battle booster which is boosting your stats even further and this should be OK? WTF!

1 hour ago, Ruuhkis said:

Change this:

All these can be mounted on any class at any tier, for any type of battle.

To: 

All these can be mounted on any class at any tier, for any ranked battle.

Problem solved.

Yeah way to undermine new possibly shitty game mode. Imagine gold earned in CW can only be used in CW. :doge: