ZXrage

9.19: Bonds! (and its repercussions)

The way I see this... If these new "super"equipment were only for ranked battles that would eventually lead to minimum RNG in highest ranks thus skilled players could compete eachother on even field to earn something? Like medals, skins, etc.

I wouldn't even compare randoms and ranked battles at all, Randoms are for anyone but the word "Ranked" means competive in my mind. So why you should get advantage from another mode to boost your performance somewhere else? 

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

OK to make this clear. We had bonus giving emblems which resulted in a huge shitstorm and the whole Rubicon was canceled. Now we get equipment with better stats and a pre battle booster which is boosting your stats even further and this should be OK? WTF!

The difference is that with rubicon you really needed to pay with gold to get the bonus' because paying with credits was prohibitive to progressing in the game.

This you get the rewards for excelling in another battle mode with has skillbased MM.

I welcome this patch for the battle mode alone.

10 hours ago, Rspctd said:

The one time shit seems like a waste unless they are cheap ala food.  Equipment would be the only thing anyone would use. 

Personally, I don't really like this system. I'd rather see cosmetics or special tanks. This shit just makes me want to try hard af and you'll get nerds in pubs doing dumb shit. 

Unless you plan on playing the same tank over and over again for 400+ battles (or switch the equipment around everytime for 10 gold each time) it is cheaper to use the consumables instead of the equipment.

Those consumables will also stack on top of the already equiped superequipments for an even bigger bonus...

39 minutes ago, simba90 said:

The difference is that with rubicon you really needed to pay with gold to get the bonus' because paying with credits was prohibitive to progressing in the game.

This you get the rewards for excelling in another battle mode with has skillbased MM.

Rewarding tanks/camos/boosters for such a gamemode would be fine, the problem with this gamemode is that you are forced to play it if you want to stay competetive as it gives you a flat improvement to your tanks and gives an advantage to players who actually have them.

Also, can anyone translate the secondary effects of the crewskill-consumables?

U1AuG8jyzhI.jpg

The primary effect is that it gives you the crewskill "for free" if you don´t have them unlocked, but if you already have that skill already it improves your tank in another way instead.

56 minutes ago, simba90 said:

Still not convinced. Sure thing it was a nasty credit/gold sink back than if you want to stay competitive. But now you are forced to play this game mode to stay competitive. Not something I look forward to. Every time WG tries to force players to play a game mode with rewards we can be sure there will be a shitload of rigging. Now we have OP equipment instead of a OP T-22.

3 hours ago, Ruuhkis said:

Change this:

All these can be mounted on any class at any tier, for any type of battle.

To: 

All these can be mounted on any class at any tier, for any ranked battle.

Problem solved.

Problem here. Probably 90%+ of the playerbase would not care about this new ranked battles then. This bonds are nothing but a carrot on a stick, to make the game mode attractive. 

Rubicon was bad idea. This is worse.

I'd gladly pay a small sum of gold once rather than having to repeatedly grind a game mode I have no interest in, just so I can be competitive.

But I'm sure WG knows this, and bonds will eventually make their way into the gift shop. Just like gold and credits.

24 minutes ago, Sapros said:

Rubicon was bad idea. This is worse.

I'd gladly pay a small sum of gold once rather than having to repeatedly grind a game mode I have no interest in, just so I can be competitive.

But I'm sure WG knows this, and bonds will eventually make their way into the gift shop. Just like gold and credits.

Or maybe make the super equipment a lot more expensive (bonds wise), but they permanently upgrade normal equipment to super equipment (You'd still need to buy the super equipment for credits after upgrading). This way you wouldn't have to grind a shitton of bonds to make all your tanks competitive but there still would be the incentive to play the mode.

Or alternatively (The better option imo) which has been suggested here, dump the bonds and include booster/tank rewards to the mode.

Maybe you can trade them in for a small %age off credit price of a tank you have researched as a voucher or whatever. 

Forcing to play a mode to earn a permanent advantage isn't as bad as paying to have a permanent advantage but that doesn't make it any good. Also RIP ASIA server again. The population cannot support 2 separate game modes, especially if the incentive is this.

Why can't WG just fix Historical battles and bring in some decent bots for it with its own maps that are new or modified from existing maps i.e. Sand River. They were on to a winner and now there's no talk about it at all. 

I don't get this "WG is forcing to play/I have to play this to be competive."

If ranked battles are totally differend from randoms and won't offer any performance boost to randoms/strongholds/cw/etc? If you don't like it, don't try it. Simple as that.   

8 minutes ago, Ruuhkis said:

If ranked battles are totally differend from randoms and won't offer any performance boost to randoms/strongholds/cw/etc? If you don't like it, don't try it. Simple as that.   

They do offer performance boosts to randoms/strongholds/cw/etc. That's the whole problem.

9 minutes ago, Sapros said:

They do offer performance boosts to randoms/strongholds/cw/etc. That's the whole problem.

7 hours ago, Ruuhkis said:

Change this:

All these can be mounted on any class at any tier, for any type of battle.

To: 

All these can be mounted on any class at any tier, for any ranked battle.

Problem solved.

That was the point. If this ranked battle won't affect normal randoms we might have a improved WoT 2.0 with skillbased MM and reduced RNG in our hands .

9 minutes ago, Ruuhkis said:

That was the point. If this ranked battle won't affect normal randoms we might have a improved WoT 2.0 with skillbased MM and reduced RNG in our hands .

We're talking about NOW, when the boosted equipment can be used in all game modes. Just having them in ranked battles won't be enough of an incentive because it's only locked to one game mode. I think camo/inscriptions/tanks you can only get from ranked battles would be cool. Would be a good place to dump all those tier 10 premiums they made.

Also, ranked battles may be problematic in servers with a low server pop (NA and SEA), since the pool of players MM has to pull from is already rather small, this complicates it.

Will be shite for anyone that wants to play CWs for example. If you don't have these new boosts on your tank you'll never get to play CW in any competitive clan.

In randoms it'll just make the gap larger between good and bad players. Won't be available for any good players that have less time to play either.

Ofc WG did say that bonds will never be sold, just like the mutant.

As i said in other topic, WG can suck dick with their shit bonds, i rather see this crap in the store, for gold only, as sold for stupid bonds you need to farm in a stupid gamemode

Ranked battle will be super mega camp against gold spamming try hards, aka SHIT

Which means i need to:

• suffer in ranked battles
  • fight against people with better equipment

Both is equal annoying

Its sometimes that WG wants that player quit, like what, they sort of fix arty a bit, so next patch we will have to fuck over something else?

ps: perhaps i should just quit for a few months, i guess they will remove it later anyway, just like how T22 was ``fixed``

This mode pique's my interest. Will this create two different types of player base? Putting the rewards aside, if you think about it... there are race track drivers and rally racers. They both drive cars, but the way they drive them are completely different.

Is WoT trying to distinguish us? Like WoW... There are hardcore PvP'ers and there are people who want to do the missions, raids, and general PvE stuff. I have seen this concept in other games... WG could make more Tier X reward vehicles, and do whatever they want in a separate mode, and it would be up to the player to dabble in that game-mode or not. Just like PvE vs PVP, in each other game mode, taking OP tanks & setup (kind of like armor/weapons) would be pretty much useless? I.e. if you had "super equipment" all lined up and ready to go in your T57 and your a hardcore ranked player, if you come do regular random battles (pubs), your equipment would be equal to just regular equipment, which everyone has.

If they made it this way, I could see people who are bored of kicking puppies (seal clubbers), try out the new game mode...

Also, what does this do for re-rolls? Does the blues and purples want to fight with blues and purples only? Exclusively? I think there would be a reduction in re-rolls, or, original accounts coming back and being played more?

Either way I think it's a dumb concept for a person to have to grind/spend massive hours on playing the new whatever-the-developers-came-out-with, to stay competitive. If they need to make more money, they need to make some more damn new maps. Add a line, add a few premiums here and there. If you're going to go game-mode, make it specifically, for that game-mode IMHO. Please, use your brains when making and implementing sh*t, not just throw garbage at us, and let us "figure it out", throw us a bone will ya WG? Learn from your mistakes?

The problem is bad and average players will be fucked by this because so many of them avoid non random games. They also don't know to maximize effects of different games so unicums will have more bonds which will mean they will both have better skill and better equipment. Not a good idea if you don't want to piss off 90% of your playerbase.

20 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Naa, it used to be serious comedy. Now it's super serious with deep psychology thing which make Bond pathetic. 

The thing is, if you ever read any of the books, is that the darker Bond in the new movies is more inline with the way the author meant him to be.

3 hours ago, Matross said:

Also, what does this do for re-rolls? Does the blues and purples want to fight with blues and purples only? Exclusively? I think there would be a reduction in re-rolls, or, original accounts coming back and being played more?

MM's based on rank, not PR/wn8. 

What I wonder is if Ranked Battles allow platoons? I'd be fucked up if they did.

Depending how easy these are to farm there might be entire clans formed just to coordinate rigging grinding bonds.  Still remember being in a CW landing against C4BR3 or some such clan.   Normally the type that brings a mix of T8s, T9s, and M48s.  Spotted 15 pre-nerf T-22s rushing the magic forest.  Not sure a single one had more than 5k battles in WoT.  But they all had their op TX meds.

Won't be shocked if clans show up with much better DPM, aim time, etc. than expected because they used their superior spreadsheeting skills to coordinate late night bond accumulation runs.

26 minutes ago, SlyGambit said:

Depending how easy these are to farm there might be entire clans formed just to coordinate rigging grinding bonds.  Still remember being in a CW landing against C4BR3 or some such clan.   Normally the type that brings a mix of T8s, T9s, and M48s.  Spotted 15 pre-nerf T-22s rushing the magic forest.  Not sure a single one had more than 5k battles in WoT.  But they all had their op TX meds.

Won't be shocked if clans show up with much better DPM, aim time, etc. than expected because they used their superior spreadsheeting skills to coordinate late night bond accumulation runs.

Yeah this is stupid. If you can exploit low server population hours it can get really damn broken. It takes dedication so crazy people will get an advantage. I'd rather go back to playing diablo 2 again than see this

3 hours ago, SlyGambit said:

I remember hearing that ranked battles would be limited to certain time of day. Not sure though. I think it was like from midday to 20 or until CW battles begin or something.

If they are limited to certain time of day it'll limit or restrict many players from getting bonds at all. Ofc that would limit rigging somewhat but would it really matter anymore when not everyone has access to them anyway?

12 hours ago, hazzgar said:

The problem is bad and average players will be fucked by this because so many of them avoid non random games. They also don't know to maximize effects of different games so unicums will have more bonds which will mean they will both have better skill and better equipment. Not a good idea if you don't want to piss off 90% of your playerbase.

Actually this will have almost zero effect on bad players, because of the skill gap  is so big. Regardless of this,  they will be the most pissed off. 

2 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Actually this will have almost zero effect on bad players, because of the skill gap  is so big. Regardless of this,  they will be the most pissed off. 

Sorry but how? If top players will have better VR, Camo and will be able to pump out more damage how this will not affect the noobs? Good players will be able to influence the game more, kill the bads earlier therefore bads will deal less dmg and win against unicums less often. This will make t10 look like t5 t67 seal clubbing where someone comes with a 3 skill crew to a tier where most players run 75% crews and not even full equipment.

Your argument is flawed because it would be true only if skill always won. Given how the best playesr push 70% WR that is not the case

On 5/3/2017 at 8:53 AM, hall0 said:

OK to make this clear. We had bonus giving emblems which resulted in a huge shitstorm and the whole Rubicon was canceled. Now we get equipment with better stats and a pre battle booster which is boosting your stats even further and this should be OK? WTF!

Emblems were pure pay to win, this is play another game mode to get better equipment.

I don't get the fuss.

For a start the mode needs decent incentives otherwise it will just die. I'm pretty sure most people in WOWs only play ranked because they want the OP Flint. 

The impact of the better equipment is pretty minimal, I worked it out that it was 0.33s reload on an IS3 with that better rammer.

We don't know how easy bonds will be to get, how many you can get and how many equipment pieces you will be able to buy. If you equate it to PMs then you can get 4 PM crews max and most people will have 50 plus tanks in their garage, so I doubt we'll be able to pimp out more than 2 tanks max, in fact I'm expecting it'll be one. 

This is rewarding skill so that is a positive for me. 

The gap between good players and bad players is massive anyway that is won't make a difference.

And I repeat we don't know how bonds will be earned and distributed, I strongly suspect that bonds will be earned from just playing ranked mode games, not necessarily from progressing up the ranks. I reckon progressing up the ranks will just earn the bonds (and thus the better equipment and consumables) faster but most shitters will still be able to spam their way to some good equipment anyway by just playing and failing lots of games.

Plus remember this is a skill based MM mode, once it's underway the good players rise to the top and the worse players will be playing each other in the lower ranks so they will get wins and earn some 'stars' thus will earn bonds. 

Finally the impact is minimal, say you can get a max 6 equipment pieces for the very best players finishing high in the ranks. You then have to meet a unicum in a game, which is rare anyway, he has to have played ranked, he has to be in one of the tanks he has the new equipment on, and then that piece of equipment is making a 2.5% difference to his tank which in practical terms is not very much (10m view range on a 400m view range tank for example).  Tiny tiny performance impact and most players will just lose to the unicum anyway because they did something stupid that no piece of equipment is ever going to rescue them from. 

24 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Emblems were pure pay to win, this is play another game mode to get better equipment.

I don't get the fuss.

For a start the mode needs decent incentives otherwise it will just die. I'm pretty sure most people in WOWs only play ranked because they want the OP Flint. 

The impact of the better equipment is pretty minimal, I worked it out that it was 0.33s reload on an IS3 with that better rammer.

We don't know how easy bonds will be to get, how many you can get and how many equipment pieces you will be able to buy. If you equate it to PMs then you can get 4 PM crews max and most people will have 50 plus tanks in their garage, so I doubt we'll be able to pimp out more than 2 tanks max, in fact I'm expecting it'll be one. 

This is rewarding skill so that is a positive for me. 

The gap between good players and bad players is massive anyway that is won't make a difference.

And I repeat we don't know how bonds will be earned and distributed, I strongly suspect that bonds will be earned from just playing ranked mode games, not necessarily from progressing up the ranks. I reckon progressing up the ranks will just earn the bonds (and thus the better equipment and consumables) faster but most shitters will still be able to spam their way to some good equipment anyway by just playing and failing lots of games.

Plus remember this is a skill based MM mode, once it's underway the good players rise to the top and the worse players will be playing each other in the lower ranks so they will get wins and earn some 'stars' thus will earn bonds. 

Finally the impact is minimal, say you can get a max 6 equipment pieces for the very best players finishing high in the ranks. You then have to meet a unicum in a game, which is rare anyway, he has to have played ranked, he has to be in one of the tanks he has the new equipment on, and then that piece of equipment is making a 2.5% difference to his tank which in practical terms is not very much (10m view range on a 400m view range tank for example).  Tiny tiny performance impact and most players will just lose to the unicum anyway because they did something stupid that no piece of equipment is ever going to rescue them from. 

What about good players who don't want to be forced to play ranked battles to stay competitive? 

9 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

What about good players who don't want to be forced to play ranked battles to stay competitive? 

We're already competitive. A pubby in an is3 that reloads 1/3rd of a second faster is not any more difficult to slaughter.

unless you mean CW, stronks, stuff like that which idgaf about so I'm biased

idc about these equipments