TheTrojanWarrior

I have improved on my wn8 but I cant get my win rate up

Question

I have gotten my WN8 up, but my winrate is still suffering and I don't know why. I don't sit back and snipe at the back of the map (nearly impossible considering that the tanks I play recently have bad aiming values) and I try to win games the way I know possible (ex.: firing on low health target, trying to hold flanks as long as possible if the team lemming trains)

Any recommendations for this issue?

15 answers to this question

Your WR looks about right to me. Around 55% for high teal - low blue is pretty much normal. Besides, wn8 is kill.

If you're shooting for 60% or something like that you simply aren't at that skill level. Generally that is what 3k wn8 players get solo. You need to increase your impact on matches, that means more shooty shooty and less getting shit on. The longer you stay alive the more chances you have to influence the match. Of course that doesn't mean you have to be a passive bitch, just don't trade away all your HP like an idiot.

If you've watched higher level players you'll notice they often get 2, 3, or more shots in for every shot they take when brawling or just in general. That's how you increase your impact. You make yourself worth a third of your pubby team mates. Make one tank feel like multiple. For that you're gonna need good armor management, positioning, and knowing the reloads of every tank you face by heart definitely helps.

You mention trying to hold the dead flank when your team lemmings. It's ok to run. Don't be the hero when you know you're only gonna last like 30 seconds as soon as you make contact. This isn't your first girlfriend.

I'm shit at advice and teaching

cheers

:drunk:

I'm not a PP obviously, but your problem is probably this

>trying to hold flanks as long as possible if the team lemming trains

It's a romantic idea to be the only person on your flank doing a heroic defense, but you should be conducting your lemming train if you want to win. There's only so much just you, or a handful of your team mates can do if the enemy overmatches you. If your team is lemming one way that's an ADVANTAGE and you should capitalize on it by getting them to PUSH as FAST AS POSSIBLE. PUSH that ADVANTAGE. Try predicting how the battle will play out by looking at team comps too, will help you find overmatches that are likely to happen. o7

5 minutes ago, TheTrojanWarrior said:

Few weeks ago my winrate was up to 58% but my damage numbers and winrate have been dropping since. I've been trying to get back up to my previous stats for recents, but to no avail.

Little waves of suck come and go. I had a few weeks where I was barely breaking 60% instead of my usual 65+. Dropped my WR a little bit but not munch since I have a high battle count, but it all evened out in the end. Happens to everyone.

33 minutes ago, TheTrojanWarrior said:

That's the bad thing, I usually don't want to leave a teammate all alone by running away from a flank :/.

Look at it this way: you can't actively influence the match once you are dead. Dying in WoT means that you are leaving the outcome of the match in the hands of 14 pubbies who may or may not know which end of the tank is which.

33 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Your WR looks about right to me. Around 55% for high teal - low blue is pretty much normal. Besides, wn8 is kill.

If you're shooting for 60% or something like that you simply aren't at that skill level. Generally that is what 3k wn8 players get solo. You need to increase your impact on matches, that means more shooty shooty and less getting shit on. The longer you stay alive the more chances you have to influence the match. Of course that doesn't mean you have to be a passive bitch, just don't trade away all your HP like an idiot.

If you've watched higher level players you'll notice they often get 2, 3, or more shots in for every shot they take when brawling or just in general. That's how you increase your impact. You make yourself worth a third of your pubby team mates. Make one tank feel like multiple. For that you're gonna need good armor management, positioning, and knowing the reloads of every tank you face by heart definitely helps.

You mention trying to hold the dead flank when your team lemmings. It's ok to run. Don't be the hero when you know you're only gonna last like 30 seconds as soon as you make contact. This isn't your first girlfriend.

I'm shit at advice and teaching

cheers

:drunk:

Few weeks ago my winrate was up to 58% but my damage numbers and winrate have been dropping since. I've been trying to get back up to my previous stats for recents, but to no avail.

Be more decisive at the start of the game. Choose where you need to go during the countdown, and also communicate with your team so that those good/atleast not dumb to support you. Push the flank that is easier to break through and don't be afraid to take a hit for momentum to carry your pubbies forward. Keep an eye on the minimap and go back to base whenever it is threatened UNLESS you are really sure it can hold. Play more mobile tanks and platoon, and if you are losing too much take a break or play an easy tank/lower tiers(<8) and get easy wins to boost your morale. Provide as much early vision as possible if in a light/medium/heavium. Try to stay alive as long as possible, usually the longer a better player lives the more you win. But that said, don't be afraid to play aggressively, just be more aware of your surroundings.

There's probably more stuff you can do but memory is bad :/ Also recent is usually 60-65% for me, haven't played for 1.5months, i prefer winning over damage.

Another question related to the topic. How do I break a chain of bad win streaks, because I have been losing around 50% of my games for the last 30 days and I have really no idea how to break this streak.

Good evening, or whatever day time it is, to everyone who is struggeling with WR,

At first I have to say I'm average player just trying to enjoy the tanks. I'm still improving in the game but my tips are following:

1. Play tanks you are good with and you enjoy them as well - good crew is a must

2. Never go alone, always stay with team

3. Save your HP as long as possible

4. Try to be supportive but not for a price of your own tank

5. When it's not going well just take a break. You don't need to push it too much

6. When you are in platoon with friend it helps a lot

When I'm trying to increse my WR I'm just playing with tanks where I have 55% WR or more. So good luck in the battles to come and may SPG's shells miss you.

10 hours ago, TheTrojanWarrior said:

Another question related to the topic. How do I break a chain of bad win streaks, because I have been losing around 50% of my games for the last 30 days and I have really no idea how to break this streak.

I went on a horrible losing streak from about January to April (win rate was 56.55 and dropped to about 56.10 with 40k games). Granted I was playing like a dope for over two months doing missions for the Obj 260 and that hurt A LOT, but then when that was over, my win rate continued to slide. It was like I forgot how to play the game, except I didn't. I still maintained a decent WN8 average for the period. I just couldn't get wins.

I figured I had really REALLY bad luck or I was doing something wrong. While it may or may not have been bad luck, I tried to improve my game play. I even started using WotLabs during this period to look for tips to help me out. Sadly, luck does play a role in the match making, but in my opinion that is a short term thing. Over the long haul, your win rate will catch up to your ability.

I have had slumps in the past before this one (just not as long as this last one!) and each time it eventually ended and I was a better player than before the slump because I looked to improve each time.

Read some information, like here on WotLabs, and watch some videos on YouTube. Keep playing your heart out and eventually you will  turn that corner. Consider this "growing pains" as you improve as a player.

Also, try to have a positive attitude. I can't explain it rationally, but whenever I play this game agitated, it seems to snowball on me and get worse and worse. As I think someone else said, cut your losses and take a little break. Good luck out there.

If you lose more than 3 games stop playing. Or downtier once you lose 2-3games in a row. Play the tank which you often do well in winning wise, esp pref mm tanks(i like to jump into my is-6 and grind credits if i lose too much, ~66%wr@3k battles). Try to keep your winrate above a limit(for me below 60 session usually pisses me, whether solo or platooned), and if it falls below that take a break, or whenever you  feel like you are tilt take a break. If you are having too many losses you need to know when to stop playing for the day if you don't stop after 3 or so losses. Sometimes its you, sometimes its the team or map, but in the end you can only control you pushing that battle button, not the team or map. In that case go have some fun in strongholds or training room do some boosts, or watch a stream by DreamingFly, Straik, Warlord etc to chill and learn things, or go play any other game not by Wargaming or even any online game tbh, offline games are better when you are on tilt because it can carry over.

19 hours ago, TheTrojanWarrior said:

How do I break a chain of bad win streaks

You stop tryhardin'

You "real" winrate is the average of you being lucky and playing the tanks you love while gettign the maps you are comfortable with and being unlucky on maps you hate in tanks you grind with pubbies that suck.

It's the same for all of thus this way.

But some people look at their last 14 days and their l33t WN8 there and think: "that's me". When in reality thats just the very best of you and not the real (average) you. And then they get haunted when the average imposes itself again by two weeks of shit pubbie yolo bots over and over again that your skill can't carry hard enough.

So rather than focussing on numbers, focus on getting better which means:

• position yourself better during initial, push, cleanup phases
  • anticipate where everyone will go and what he will do better
  • aim more exactly
  • get in way more shots without being hit

This is the way to glory.