Sign in to follow this  
Assassin7

FYI - Google docs Phishing scam via email

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11849941

Basically they send you a "click this google doc" email. Dont click it, delete it. 

I got one of these this morning before I saw this article, thankfully for me I was on my phone and the page failed to load so I think Im safe. 

My school IT sent this email to us all.

"

ITS is actively responding to the email attack seen earlier today.  

This attack was made against all Google Docs users and was massive in scale.

We have been working with Google, UNC peers, and other higher education partners to rapidly address this issue.

If you did click on the link, you do not need to take any additional actions. Google has taken steps to revoke any illicit account access and ITS is verifying that these actions have secured campus accounts.

Thanks to everyone who reported this!

Sounds like google fixed it even if you did click on it.

Pretty ingenious method to get access to a google users contact info. It never asks you for your password. It just wants you to authorize a malicious application to access your contacts. Google did block access to the app within a few hours. 

This is what the attack looks like: https://twitter.com/zachlatta/status/859843151757955072/photo/1

idk. No offence to anyone but I feel that opening anything that isn't expected or recognizable is a stupid move. It's like opening a weird attachment in an e-mail.

Especially if the names or emails of the sender and recipients are people of questionable nature.

2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

idk. No offence to anyone but I feel that opening anything that isn't expected or recognizable is a stupid move. It's like opening a weird attachment in an e-mail.

Especially if the names or emails of the sender and recipients are people of questionable nature.

I got it from someone I knew, apparently it sends it to everyone you've ever emailed before, so its quite likely someone might look at it. 

55 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I got it from someone I knew, apparently it sends it to everyone you've ever emailed before, so its quite likely someone might look at it. 

Interesting. I could see that; although, if it was something that was clearly unexpected, it's be a tell-tale sign.

Sort of like when Yoott skypes me a weird link because he got phished xd.

22 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

thats pretty common for less shitty phishing tho