Sign in to follow this  
H4NI

T8 Campaign - The new meta

Last patch totally wrecked the usual setups for tier 8, and as the upcoming event approaches, I'm wondering what are the tanks to use in tier 8 clan wars. Basically, T8 clan wars has become PayPal championship where all competitive tanks are the premium ones. What are the alternatives that are available in-game? IS-3 never gets old, but what about the rest of them? Which tank will replace the T-54 Lightweight? Considering arty damage nerf, are they still viable choice in cw? Maybe make a list of two/three best tanks per class (premium or non), so I can see where do I stand. I have old-school cw/esl tanks (IS-3, T32, Pershing etc), but it seems that they are obsolete now...

IS3 will always be the mainstay due to its high acc 122mm.

That being said, Patriot might fade from the meta precisely thanks to StrvS1 and UDES, both of which possess APCR with enough pen and velocity to accurately penetrate its turret at a distance, thus pushing T32 back to the table of choices.

In terms of scout, it will either be 132 with the Stock 100mm(upgraded 100mm has worse apcr pen), or LTTB.

Every other LT just isn't competitive due to LTTB's 85mm HE autopenning them.\

MT is mostly neutered due to new LTs having nearly double if not nearly triple the MT's HP/T, Lorraine 40T might see play on certain rush maps(Mines) as a battering ram due to its fast clip, high weight and high acceleration., other wise I don't really see Pershing seeing play due to the same reason as Patriot.

In terms of TD UDES is gonna be pure cancer, on open maps, UDES/Strv camp will be the thing to counter against clans dead set on sitting to the end of time.

I'm kind of in the same boat; my selection of tier 8's has been gutted over the past year from meta changes and lines moving on to tier 9. The few grinders I have left never show on the must-have list (Pershing, Indien, Object 416, AMX 50/100, STA-1, 110). I've got WZ-132, Blackdog, and baby BatChat remaining as lights, so same situation there.

I'm not seeing much beyond the T32 that's worth buying back to stand against the new premiums. I was hoping I had missed something.

i think camp strats on city maps with the VK100 might be more common than we care for... and the defender is still cancer to fight, tho in the gold spam of CW it is weaker.

VK is still weaker than IS3 in a 100meter covered fight like Himms 8 line due to Cheeks, plus its HE nuking capability is also weaker(IS3 can HE cheek for 250dmg on engine deck).

I don't see much of a reason to play VK against stronger clans, since its weak in the open and not better than IS3 in a protracted firefight, and its a lot slower so you are tactically limited once you have shown your hand.

6 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

VK is still weaker than IS3 in a 100meter covered fight like Himms 8 line due to Cheeks, plus its HE nuking capability is also weaker(IS3 can HE cheek for 250dmg on engine deck).

I don't see much of a reason to play VK against stronger clans, since its weak in the open and not better than IS3 in a protracted firefight, and its a lot slower so you are tactically limited once you have shown your hand.

VK 100 does get better HE shells though, when WG nerfed the alpha dmg from 490 to 440, they didnt also nerf the HE, so it has same HE as Maus (630 dmg with 65 pen)

ps: wouldnt an ISU Or Rhm be decent on say Prok? with HE they can almost 1 shot UDES (1k vs 950 dmg) and its gold ammo wont have any problem with defenders either + both have enough camo to not get spotted when in a bush

ps ps: who am i kidding, like im gonna play shitty cw

Personal experience with former clan PFU

Heavies

IS3

T32 (Ruinberg map choice)

Mediums

None

Lights

WZ 132

LTTB

Bat Chatillion 12t?

TDs

PFU virtually never took TDs in any setup. Not sure UDES will change this except maybe Lakeville map, which might need a TD? Possibly a Skorpion G.

Arty

USA or french, depends on map. Quite frequently none.

Last time around we did a few tricks on certain maps with Patriots and Pershings. But it was a single tank, on certain maps, on certain sides, so nothing regular. Defenders tend to get raped by IS3 with good focus fire and speed, they just take too long to reload. I would be surprised to see the Lorraine 40t even on mines. Surely if a team took that they would soon be countered with T69's?

On most maps PFU took mainly lights (last time swarms of T54ltwt), and I cannot imagine not taking fast mobile setups, even on Himmelsdorf landings.

if you dont think TDs can be good you are wrong, depending on map/defence vs offence TDs can be OP OP OP got a good booster? UDES on mines and its GG, UDES on mtn pass.... well GG nice turtle. UDES on cliff def? why not 2?

T8 cw meta is trash anyway, is3 can do anything but scouting..

We will just see more premiums (patriot, m41 90, defender, Lorraine) and some TDs (rip skorpion tho, shit camo anyway)

10 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

T8 cw meta is trash anyway, is3 can do anything but scouting..

We will just see more premiums (patriot, m41 90, defender, Lorraine) and some TDs (rip skorpion tho, shit camo anyway)

252's acc puts it at a huge disadvantage at 150m+ poke fights, M41 90 gets literally 3 shotted by LTTB 85mm, Patriot gets hard-countered by UDES, lorraine is the only one that can feasibly get a spot on certain yolo one-time strats.

Main stays are still IS3+32+50100 with new comers LTTB and UDES.