Canadian_Reaper

How do you fight Type 5 Heavies in a Heavy?

AS the title says, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but it seems I'm seeing a lot more Type 5's in games, and I can't figure out how to beat them 1v1 with tanks like the E100. IS7,or T110E5. (Assuming I can't outmaneuver them in the latter two)

Same ROF as the E100, more HP's, and while you have to aim, they can just throw HE at you for 4-600 damage at a time. 

Most of the time the IS7 or the E5 can outmaneuver them, but sometimes (due to other tanks) I can't, and the same thing applies. Yeah I can pen them easier, but getting whacked for that 4-600 every 15 seconds or so is kinda annoying.

IS there a weakness that these things have that I'm missing ? Or is it just a kind of "camp in my E100 until I see where the Type 5 platoon is going and then go somewhere else"

the Type 5, along with the overbuffed Maus, has become a blackhole for your precious credits.

all because WG wants to bring back the nostalgia of when the E5 used to be OP

Gold through the turret face, left or right of the gun. Not really any other real way. 

2 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

All because WG wants to bring back the nostalgia of when the E5 used to be OP

I mean, if they wanted that they could of just not nerfed the E5, since it was nerfed the same patch the Maus was buffed because insert logic here

Either keep a long distance where his derp shell's aimtime becomes unfeasible, or be in a distance of less than 50 meters where he can't break away.

100-250 meters is where Type 5 is most effective, close enough for him to accurate hit you, but not close enough for you to safely close in the distance and force a trade to the death.

So either keep away from him(easy, since he has no camo and you can always spot it a mile away) and chip him with gold, or stay hidden until he comes close, then ambush him with full gold load out.

If given the option, shoot the cheeks with your standard 2 ammo. It's not weaker (although it is on the Type 4), but the ammo rack is behind it so you can seriously hamper the damn thing's firepower

Sling the gold, hope it pens, try to avoid his HE shots or he shoots someone else.

Also like @TheMarine0341 says kill the support first and isolate him, the type 5 and Maus have essentially become raid bosses these days.

Pretty much all my tier 10s now carry about 50% plus more premium ammo than they used to just because of these two tanks. 

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Can you do damage to it if you track it or it is like the Maus with its front wheel?

You can actually tackdamage the maus, you just need to avoid the side skirt....

It's an incredibly narrow shot but its possible, same goes for the type5 really but with a significantly larger margin of error.

9 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

If given the option, shoot the cheeks with your standard 2 ammo. It's not weaker (although it is on the Type 4), but the ammo rack is behind it so you can seriously hamper the damn thing's firepower

Viable only if it angles; unangled cheek resists anything pmuch

Type 4's cheek sucks ass on other hand, you can pen it with AP instantly if he angles more than 10 degrees.

16 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Type 4's cheek sucks ass on other hand, you can pen it with AP instantly if he angles more than 10 degrees.

My tier 7 tanks disagrees... ;-)

10 minutes ago, kurcatovium said:

My tier 7 tanks disagrees... ;-)

>implying that tier 7s should be able to pen tier 9 super-heavy from front with AP shells

Though, with APCR majority of tier 7 heavies can go through cheeks if type 4 angles enough. Fucking Black Prince can pen those cheeks with APCR lmao

Heat to the turret and farm his tears.

On a side note, I haven't changed my t10 tanks ammo loadout, we had the E5 before, now we have the maus and type 5, so nothing really changed :kappa:

I try to bait them to my camping TDs if I can manage. If not then I keep my distance or go somewhere else. Once alone, they are near worthless. It's the tanks around him that keep him a threat. Remove his buddies and he will die fast.

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Heat to the turret and farm his tears.

On a side note, I haven't changed my t10 tanks ammo loadout, we had the E5 before, now we have the maus and type 5, so nothing really changed :kappa:

A Maus in a city map is worse and takes forever to kill while the e5 had way less hp so it was easier. Also penning a Maus from the side with lowish pen guns is still hard if he just angles slightly.

To OP, can you facehug the type with your e100? Like this when he shoots HE he should  damage himself too. I'd try just for the lols

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

>implying that tier 7s should be able to pen tier 9 super-heavy from front with AP shells

Though, with APCR majority of tier 7 heavies can go through cheeks if type 4 angles enough. Fucking Black Prince can pen those cheeks with APCR lmao

It sounds like you're expecting random pubbies to know that.

29 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

To OP, can you facehug the type with your e100? Like this when he shoots HE he should  damage himself too. I'd try just for the lols

Could work, but only if Type is stupid. If Type 5 is actually smart, he can just avoid E100's turret and shoot the hull roof next to it, doing at least 600 if not even more. Better engagement range is lets say, 50-100m.

Mmm yeah i tought it would be a stupid idea to pull just for the lols. But i still dont understand why a type 5 would be at disavantage against an e100 at such close range. Dont they have similiar reload? Is it because the type would hit the e50x2 for less than 750?

Type 5 would hit for 400 - 600 a shot. E-100 shoots back for 750. You are not winning that dpm race. It is very difficult for type 5 to stop any E-100 HEAT at point blank range.

Also, I'm pretty sure Type 5 is actually too tall to hit E-100's hull roof at facehug. But type 5 can shoot the police bar without inflicting much, if any self damage.

The Type 5 feels a lot easier to track than a Maus to me, I have anchored a Type 5 with my Patriot before even when I was not in a position to damage him.  I have never been able to do the same to a Maus with a 90mm.  If I'm in a tier X tank, I feel obligated to find a way to do damage, but in a tier 8 if I can keep a tier X heavy permatracked, I'm calling it a win.