Canadian_Reaper

And now Jingles is gone

11 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

it's gotten so bad that Jingles is reconsidering going back to check out War Thunder

WAR THUNDER!

WG(NA) damn fucked up

heads need to roll over there

tbf i don't think jingles has actually played wot in years so

Ironically this might be enough to encourage better communication among the servers. No matter one's opinion of Jingles, he is the #1 English contributor, and any threat to publicity through his channel will hurt WG's bottom line--several sycophantic QBs ain't remotely enough to make that up.

We probably can expect some "unified" statement within a week regarding WG policy towards copyright and assurances such a PR disaster won't happen again, if just to keep the Western money stream flowing.

Just now, WorldConqueror said:

tbf i don't think jingles has actually played wot in years so

I don't doubt that. other than playtesting whatever new premium tanks/ships that he gets through CC, but he does instead just feature replays of other players from wotreplays.com that have better results than he might achieve.

he's not obligated to play WoT, and he seems to enjoy other stuff like WoWs, GR:Wildlands etc

25 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

it's gotten so bad that Jingles is reconsidering going back to check out War Thunder

WAR THUNDER!

WG(NA) damn fucked up

heads need to roll over there

When I got to that part of the video my only thought was "well, lets not be to hasty now..."

what they should do is just flat out say "we fucked up, we're sorry" to be honest. this is a massive PR disaster and it would be best to just cut your losses and own up to get it over with

23 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

the thing is, why the fuck is NA putting their input into it, its an EU drama ~_~

because it was getting boring in the office apparently. 

probably taking a page from Drumpf's book, that any publicity is good publicity

1 minute ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Might be a blessing for Jingles as he's planning on diversifying his content. Its not as if we watch him to learn how to play or anything. 

the only thing i can learn from Jingles nowadays is nothing, at least nothing directly from him or by him.

he's mostly featuring stuff from other players, and he does give an honest disclaimer whenever he features his own replays to not expect anything spectacular (Random Acts of Violence etc). but some of the stuff from other players are pretty decent

They needed to jump the first possible chance to undo all the positive vibes they got from the pretty good MM change and the "we listen to you, they players" wave they rode for the last few weeks.

And now they are back where they started when Rubicon hit the fan. Familiar ground at least.

stop your homophobic hate speech:kappa:

A company has to be so gud to reach this level of attitude.

WGRU get in, when:doge:

48 minutes ago, Megumin said:

stop your homophobic hate speech:kappa:

A company has to be so gud to reach this level of attitude.

WGRU get in, when:doge:

WG RU probably do everything carefully and actually understand the players because they all speak the same language, and if they screw up the playerbase will destroy them :doge: 

16 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

I can only imagine the conversation between WGEU and WGNA is going to be like today

pffft, as if they ever actually talk to each other.  Thats the biggest problem with the whole damn company, everybody in their community relations dept from forum mods up is just freelancing.  I can just about guarantee that when Ph3alan made the original threat of a copyright strike, that he had not queried their legal department first, just like when WGNA posted that vague as fuck veiled threat they probably never ran it past Cyprus.  In my world if an employee cowboys up and makes a threat of legal action they would be fired.  At WG, they get invited to spend a week at Serbs moon base.

I mean seriously, can you imagine Sony or Nintendo allowing regional community developers to just wing it and make shit up as they go?  WG has always treated outreach amateurishly going all the way back to 'how terrible' and 'working as intended'.  Now they are just letting low level muppets channel their own inner Serb.

Cyka Bylat commrads 

59 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

pffft, as if they ever actually talk to each other.  Thats the biggest problem with the whole damn company, everybody in their community relations dept from forum mods up is just freelancing.  I can just about guarantee that when Ph3alan made the original threat of a copyright strike, that he had not queried their legal department first, just like when WGNA posted that vague as fuck veiled threat they probably never ran it past Cyprus.  In my world if an employee cowboys up and makes a threat of legal action they would be fired.  At WG, they get invited to spend a week at Serbs moon base.

"To the moon" you say?

---------------

Now it's time for an irony. This is one of the favorites Jingles' meme video. It's accurate as hell to what WG did.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

I mean seriously, can you imagine Sony or Nintendo allowing regional community developers to just wing it and make shit up as they go?  WG has always treated outreach amateurishly going all the way back to 'how terrible' and 'working as intended'.  Now they are just letting low level muppets channel their own inner Serb.

Cyka Bylat commrads 

Mistakes happen.  In my work, really big mistakes can happen.  As long as people admit the mistake and bring it to the attention of those who can fix it, nobody gets fired.  The reason for the mistake decides how much of a shit sandwich they have to eat but they keep their jobs.  Repeating the same mistake or continuing to make mistakes through the same behaviors, such as laziness/inattention, or hiding a mistake is a different story. 

You are right that the actions of lower level employees tend to reflect the attitudes/culture at the top, which doesn't say much for WG.

Haha, so WG RU got involved anyway (Pankov is some important guy, i guess he now has the same job serb used to have)

I bet WG Ru told them: FU retards, all you need to do is NOT fuck up the forums / portal, and the money comes in by itself...