8 hours ago, 33nfidel said:

So.... Back to Biggie's op, what are going to be the choices at 6 other than the Farragut/Leander and a few others? Only really been playing Anshan/Aoba/Graf lately myself for grinding Free XP, finally heading up IJN cruisers and training up a new German to 19

Anshan would be pretty strong actually.

Farragut's main strength is the teamplay smoke and DPM, but I feel it would get clubbed in cap contests with the worse concealment and arcs

3 hours ago, publord said:

Anshan would be pretty strong actually.

Farragut's main strength is the teamplay smoke and DPM, but I feel it would get clubbed in cap contests with the worse concealment and arcs

Problem is it's det range and non-19pt Cptn. Where I can cross train a 19 back into the Farragut, but I do like the Anshan guns AND Torps...

If I could choose, my team would be:

• Ruyio
  • Shinonome (good camo + good torps + good guns)
  • Farragut (best smoke, dank dpm)
  • Leander (utility smoke and ok firepower)
  • Cleveland (ultra dank dpm, AA, can use Leanders smoke)
  • fill up with Fusos (shotgun, fast enough)

I'll probably be happy if the friendly BB's are of the accurate P2W variety - Warspite, Arizona, Mutsu. Basically your Nagato's of last season. Had a Leander ranting in a match tonight when I drilled him in smoke with the Warspite :D

Also, saw a video Notser put up a couple days ago - he is enlisted into making some tier 6 destroyer preview videos by his WG NA contact, other CC's have rest of ships, so I guess that's pretty much T6 confirmed.

I might indulge in ranked, I never did before but they are rewards :D 

Is the 'Spite worth taking? I've now realised I've got all of the t6 ships except French Cruisers and DDs (excluding Farragut, I have him). 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, cheereereerios said:

Had a Leander ranting in a match tonight when I drilled him in smoke with the Warspite :D

I know it's not the same thing at all but over the weekend I had a Tirpitz player on my team ranting at me 'thanks for letting the Kutuzov burn me down Fiji. You should uninstall.' I'm not sure what him overextending into a cap in the first 5 minutes of the game has to do with me and how exactly it is that my Fiji is supposed to counter a Kutozov sitting in smoke, behind an island, 13 km away. lol

From the EU server:

Starts: June 30 at 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) 
Ends: August 07 08:00 CEST (UTC+2)  

Notice rank 1:

You’ll need Tier VI ships for battles at Ranks 23-2 – get to Rank 1 and play moves to Tier VIII ships!

Full post: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/smack-my-glitch-up/

Novice question: I played until rank 9 last season. Which rank will I start at this season, and will I get the rewards from preceeding ranks?

4 hours ago, Birkovic said:

From the EU server:

Starts: June 30 at 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) 
Ends: August 07 08:00 CEST (UTC+2)  

Notice rank 1:

You’ll need Tier VI ships for battles at Ranks 23-2 – get to Rank 1 and play moves to Tier VIII ships!

Full post: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/smack-my-glitch-up/

Novice question: I played until rank 9 last season. Which rank will I start at this season, and will I get the rewards from preceeding ranks?

According to the NA site table you should start at rank 16, and yes.

4 hours ago, Pocktio said:

I might indulge in ranked, I never did before but they are rewards :D 

Is the 'Spite worth taking? I've now realised I've got all of the t6 ships except French Cruisers and DDs (excluding Farragut, I have him). 

All of the tier 6 battleships are a decent choice in one way or another.

7 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

According to the NA site table you should start at rank 16, and yes.

Thanks mate.

I wonder why that table wasn't included on "our" site. EU being EU I guess v0v

@RollerCoaster47 Do you think the Gaede is viable for even shitters like me? My knowledge is limited regarding the Maass versus the Gaede.

Yeah, I don't disagree with him, but I wonder whether that'll make the Germans slightly more attractice. Gaede, Nurnberg and Graf Spee all bring different values of sonar and big sonar to the game.

Then again, his suggesting that Shinonome and Fubuki are going to be the big smoke counters could be true.

Hm, this Sonar is all much too low range t be really a game changer. For this the Gaede is plagued with bad Concealment and bad Smoke on top of not really great anything else.

The other team will get a Farragut for endless smoke or a Fubuki for dank torp action.

Sonar was really really good in Maass even with radars being around in tier 7 ranked. But Gaede seems to have just too bad ship compared to competiting dd's while Maass was about equal even without sonar (good torps, very highpoints, guns, competitive concealment).

22 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

I know it's not the same thing at all but over the weekend I had a Tirpitz player on my team ranting at me 'thanks for letting the Kutuzov burn me down Fiji. You should uninstall.' I'm not sure what him overextending into a cap in the first 5 minutes of the game has to do with me and how exactly it is that my Fiji is supposed to counter a Kutozov sitting in smoke, behind an island, 13 km away. lol

Trashkent, yesterday, Atlantic. Only one real DD on the team. We both head to (nearish, in my case) A cap. Friendly Pensa starts griping, yolos B cap, gets wrecked. Spends a few minutes ranting and raving at me, telling me to keep camping (at 45 knots?) more, etc etc. Got a couple kills (including CV and an NC I torped point blank), Dreadnought, topped the leaderboard for the win. Looked em up afterwards, the Pensa was the highest ship they had, and overall a 45% player.

Players like that are the reason I am *not* waiting around in ranked this time.

I don't see any good argument to deal with the frustration of playing ranked tiers, which the good players have gone through already. It's soooo frustrating.

I've only done ranked twice. The first time I got in late, and left again. The second time I got in early and to rank 9 with ease (27 battles and 77,8 % win rate), getting my speed beast module.

Why must WG start a ranked season when the summer holidays start here in Germany...

Two weeks AFK, I just hope that this Dunkirk Operation won't start next week and end one week later...

So here is the burning question for success this season:  What is the best counter to a horde of Leander's sitting in smoke?  Shinonome with her 9 torps?  Warspite ( or any other BB ) using spotter plane to rain down fire into smoke? Patiently wait for their smoke to run out and blast them when they lose cover?

15 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

So here is the burning question for success this season:  What is the best counter to a horde of Leander's sitting in smoke?  Shinonome with her 9 torps?  Warspite ( or any other BB ) using spotter plane to rain down fire into smoke? Patiently wait for their smoke to run out and blast them when they lose cover?

The answer is D) All of the Above. ;)

Plus don't rule out the Fubuki with 10km torps as a possible counter.

I'm actually thinking Fubuki with her 10 km torps will be strong. Probably just going to take my Shimakaze captain and put him in the Shinonome though.

On the main account I'll probably just throw my Fiji captain (14 pts) into the Warspite (with some changed cap skills), the Iowa cappy (18 iirc) into Arizona, and then Shinonome. Maybe just Anshan until the Rank 6-10 bracket.

Oh! Can't forget let Dunkek, plus Leander and Perth will probably get a few tries as well, maybe Budy as well. Kept my Budy captain there when I got the Schchorors just for this.

On the alt account, probably Fubuki and Gaede, and Warspite/AZ/Mutsu. I think I have Leander also.