Luna

Ranked Battles Discussion

Final thoughts: for me it is a refreshment from randoms, and realization i still have much to learn. Playing vs. some of the best players on the server is really fun. I played really a lot, hoping to collect 16 points to be ranked until the end, since I will be away until the end of the season. But i don't think i will make it. With 14 points, and a bit above 60% efficiency i'm 75th on EU (yaay for me).

Effort vs. rewards, as you said, is too much. But, to be honest, I don't play it for improved equipment, i play it for the chance to play with and against really good players. WG needs to tweak it a bit, to tighten the grip on higher ranks. Today i saw bunch of sub-1000 WN8 players in top rank, which really shouldn't have happened. Let them just nerf arty xp gain somehow, and it will be good i think.  Maybe re-think how to reward the best losers. Maybe simply by not-losing the chevron, rather than gaining it. Or simply all winners win, all losers lose. So the only goal of the match should be to win it, nothing else. Don't know really. 

What a fucking shit show.  It's 5:30 PM Pacific Time on Sunday and the West Coast is already offline?

Who is running this shit at WGNA?

Ranked Battles only take place during Prime Time:

Weekdays:  5 p.m. - 8 p.m. PT (8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET)
Weekends: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. PT (7 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET)

Oh man, new rounds start immediately? They don't even give us time to grind some credits for a couple of days? I go in more than 500k per day!

EDIT: Question for anybody that knows. When you get tank ranks above rank 5 do you continue to play with rank 5 people or do you play with people with also tank tanks?

19 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Oh man, new rounds start immediately? They don't even give us time to grind some credits for a couple of days? I go in more than 500k per day!

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.49.40 AM.png

WG thought of ppl like you :microdoge:

I hope they massively change things about this ranked- and most importantly about this bondage system. The way it is now I'd actually have to pay other ppl to grind bonds for me since I can't reschedule my entire day to fit in a couple of hours every evening for weeks on end. This is me as a rather above avg player, don't even want to think about all them dads that want to min-max.

I played 5/5 battles during the first evening and everything was pretty ez, altho ppl don't seem to know how to win and prefer farming windows applications starting off with 6 all the way up to 8.1. From what Ive read in here and saw on streams NA seems to be terrible but that's mostly because NA is just NA, can't suddenly make ppl less retarded. EU feels about the same while I know a bunch of ppl like me that quit ranked saying it simply isn't worth it.

I appreciate WG finally adding some MMR (MMR≠ranked bs, ik) oriented stuff, at least they keep trying, right. Punishment for sucking major dick needs to be higher in a way one can't fail his way up to rank 5, imo. There are a few more things I would like to add yet I guess they have already been mentioned in this thread.

So uhm... it appears you need to have at least 10 points to be in league one right now, that is 487 players instead of ~9k... they cut every one off that didnt earn enough this stage (treshold was 2 points)... Every one that hasnt gotten 16 points by the end of the season doesnt count towards the final ranking. So getting top10% is going to be a full time job... fuck that shit, Im out. Might get r4/5 for the credit boosts if I feel like it... but not going to waste every single evening on this mode for marginal better equipment.

Random comments:

- Tried using wz132-1 scout. After few games started to wonder why it did feel like it had almost no camo advantage. After checking in garage got enlightened: batchat has almost same movement camo, difference is just couple percents. And batchat gets 500m+ view range with good crew while still keeping its medium tank qualities. So i guess T-100LT is only choice for scouty scout. Maybe not even that as it has pretty bad view range.

- 3 arty a side is cancer just like pre-arty-changes. Do something agressive/advantageous for your team like push forward to spot.... and you get focused by 3 t10 arties raining shells on you. And as they aim faster, reload faster and are more accurate than pre-patch, evading them is almost impossible unless in cover.

- Quality of gameplay is crashing end of week as expected. Bit too many chevrons going out I would thing when even sub 50% players can get "highest" rank

- IMHO 15vs15 is too much and leads campy games. Something like 10vs10 could be better both for less campy games and more teamplay.

- Is there rigging going on? I have seen many top list peoples like half dozen or more times in games during week... and then some peoples never. Which sounds like some peoples are playing private games with counted countdown.

2 hours ago, Epic said:

So uhm... it appears you need to have at least 10 points to be in league one right now, that is 487 players instead of ~9k... they cut every one off that didnt earn enough this stage (treshold was 2 points)... Every one that hasnt gotten 16 points by the end of the season doesnt count towards the final ranking. So getting top10% is going to be a full time job... fuck that shit, Im out. Might get r4/5 for the credit boosts if I feel like it... but not going to waste every single evening on this mode for marginal better equipment.

Yeah.. it's not 10% of players. It's 10% of players who made the threshold in the leaderboard. 

Since previous threshold was 2 points we have like 90k players that had 2 point making it 9k who made league 1. 

This one is 6 point to be in the threshold. So basically A LOT Of PLAYERS won’t get into the leaderboard and so it’s going to be way harder to be in the top 10% by the end of the month. Last week you were in top 10% with 5 point easy. So I thought 20 point at the end was going to be enough but there is no way this is going to be true…. Could be 30points to just be in the top 10%... This system is so fuck up… And thb is so intricate that I suspect WG didn't see that we were going to see a list of 10% players reducing weeks after weeks…

After last night I thought we were going to be looking at 9K+ players getting league 1 but now that I understand the system better it could EASLY be cut in half….

WOWS Ranked.  Talk about failing your way to the top:

Play 1257 Games + 49% win Rate = Top Tier

And 1257 games in WOWS like 2500 games of WOT (unless these douchebags just loaded into the game and hit "WWWWW" half the time)

Ranked_zpsoddvyj5o.jpg

3 hours ago, Epic said:

That sucks so hard. That's top 0.001% Just not worth it anymore. I hoped I would atleast be somewhere in the top 2-3k players.

EDIT: OH MY GOD!! At 3k place (made it to rank 6 first week) I'm not even close to be in ANY league. Are you shitting me?

2 hours ago, kariverson said:

That sucks so hard. That's top 0.001% Just not worth it anymore. I hoped I would atleast be somewhere in the top 2-3k players.

EDIT: OH MY GOD!! At 3k place (made it to rank 6 first week) I'm not even close to be in ANY league. Are you shitting me?

yeah...after how much "fun" I had in the latter days of week one, I might give up and go play something else.  I got 7 points and if I needed 10 (although I'm NA, so maybe it's 9) to stay in league 1, I know I'm not going to put in enough time (or have enough patience) to play that much ranked play for 3 more weeks.

Can anyone who doesn't have a job say what the threshold ended up being for league 1 on NA?

as a side note: I also noticed how much more arty there was in the later days, and 2-3 good arty players almost every game is a real bitch to play against.

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding this, so someone feel free to correct me. 

Basically the minimum thresholhld for points per week is just to qualify for the leaderboard, and then the top 10/25/50% of that leaderboard are the ones to get the per week bonus?

Im also rather lost as to how this effects what your season ranking is at the end. Is it still based on total points for the season, or somehow measured based on your rank/leaderboard position per week?

Yes that is correct Luna, and the season ranking at end is determined by how many people managed to get passed the threshold of the 4th stage, 16 points.

On EU after the first stage the top10% was already less than 500 (yesterday it was over 9k). This will turn many players off, because 1) ranked isnt fun, and 2) the rewards just arent worth it. Especially not if you need to no-life an entire week to be able to get top10%. Even if you managed to get top10% at the end of the season, you still need to play for 2 months to upgrade one tank with improved equipment.

33 minutes ago, Luna said:

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding this, so someone feel free to correct me. 

Basically the minimum thresholhld for points per week is just to qualify for the leaderboard, and then the top 10/25/50% of that leaderboard are the ones to get the per week bonus?

Im also rather lost as to how this effects what your season ranking is at the end. Is it still based on total points for the season, or somehow measured based on your rank/leaderboard position per week?

League 1 is top 10% of the players in the leaderboard (really important to understand that). 

Last week to be in the leaderboard you needed 2 points. Hence 90k+ players got in the ranking. So top 10% was 9k+ players. 

Week 4 it will be 16 points. So 4 points a week. At the rate small players are earning points a lot of them won't have the 16points. Therefore from 90k in the leaderboard we could be looking at much much less. Imagine if it was 40k players or 20k.. . Basically every week the amount of players in league 1 should effectively drop. Unless small players plays a lot just to be at the very bottom. 

Just Fyi if you earned 16 points by the end you will effectivelly be at very bottom of the leaderboard. 

So it's pointless to play if you can't be top 500 by the end and that would be for league III. Haha what a stupid mode. I wish I knew that before wasting a week going up to top 2k and today not even qualifying for league III. And that threshold is gonna get even smaller! Ludicrous stuff only WG could have thought. GG a mode literally only for the top 100 best/luckiest players in each server. Some end game. Quite pissed me off because they also have it on prime time and you literally have to be no life to play every day. Just fuck it.

2 minutes ago, kariverson said:

So it's pointless to play if you can't be top 500 by the end and that would be for league III. Haha what a stupid mode. I wish I knew that before wasting a week going up to top 2k and today not even qualifying for league III. And that threshold is gonna get even smaller! Ludicrous stuff only WG could have thought. GG a mode literally only for the top 100 best/luckiest players in each server. Some end game. Quite pissed me off because they also have it on prime time and you literally have to be no life to play every day. Just fuck it.

Fyi during this week the amount of people in the 10% should increase as more and more people get the 6 point needed for this week. So if you are not in 10% today you might be at the end of the week. Don't give up just because you are not in top 10% today

11 minutes ago, DHP said:

Fyi during this week the amount of people in the 10% should increase as more and more people get the 6 point needed for this week. So if you are not in 10% today you might be at the end of the week. Don't give up just because you are not in top 10% today

They will increase Yeah but at the end of the week when they cut the players that didn't reach the 6rank mark it gonna be even less players in the leagues. I saw it happen today. Yesterday I was top 10% at 3k with the threshold being 9k. Today after the cut of the rest of the players and some games 2k+ position and not even in league 3, lol. So it's pretty much the 10% of the 10% of the 10% of the 10%.

Yup, got to have at least 20 points at the end of this stage, or you'll be out of the top10% again... Will be cheaper to get a job for 2h a week and buy the bonds when they get sold :MingLee: