Luna

Ranked Battles Discussion

24 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

(unless WG gets their head out of their ass and introduces better ways to earn bonds).

150 euro package in premium shop:gachi:

2 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

My plan is to just hit rank three or four to get a handful of bonds each week. I can do that in an hour or two of not-very-serious play. It'll be slow to get any improved equipment but I've accepted that I won't be getting much of it anyways (unless WG gets their head out of their ass and introduces better ways to earn bonds).

As I said again again the simplest way would just be to stop cutting players from the leaderboard at the end of each week. So you as a unicum can be in the top 10% with an hour gameplay each week to hit rank 5 or 6 and me a couple hours. It's so damn easy to do that! COME ON! 

This seems more fun than randoms for sure. But then again I only started yesterday and only played 4 games so far. Lowest game was only like 3k damage but with something like 4.8k assisted. Farming all those Type 5 Heavies is so much fun, 113 masterrace.

b195f414a3.png

Would people think the mode was better if League 1 got 15k+ bonds, league 2 got 10k+ bonds and league 3 got 5k+ bonds.

In other words, League 1 would be able to outfit a full tank. 

I feel like right now most of the complaints are "this isn't going to get me anything".  Granted, before the start of the league the complaints on the wot forums were "OMG UNICUMS WILL JUST HAVE ALL THE IMPROVED EQUIPMUNK", so it'd bring back that complaint.

P.S. Holy shit the in game survey WG just put up for Ranked Battles is way too long.

This mode is entirely too grind-y.  Right now you need at least 10 points to guarantee you're in League I (you can get in if you have 9 points and a high chevron received %). Not to name and shame (so I won't put their name), but the worst chevron received percentage for a tanker with 10 points has an overall 46.5% chevron received for both stages, and a 44.32% chevron received percentage for the current stage... but has received 7 points.  So you can definitely get carried in to League I with enough grinding/luck.

6 hours ago, 7722 said:

This mode is entirely too grind-y.  Right now you need at least 10 points to guarantee you're in League I (you can get in if you have 9 points and a high chevron received %). 

it's 11 chevrons and good chevron% received to be in top 10% right now on EU. :trump:

2 hours ago, DHP said:

it's 11 chevrons and good chevron% received to be in top 10% right now on EU. :trump:

Just wait till the end of the week. Monday morning to see how many it was really. ;)

I played some Conqueror GC arty games to see why the hell are there so many arties in the damn ranked battles. Honestly, there is no point playing anything else! So much xp from stunned and detracked enemies, plus the dmg of your own. First game in arty after the rebalance. They aim faster and they still do the same dmg as before (less oer tank but huge splash radius) They reload tons faster too!! A well placed shot like to a light/med going for the hill can really turn the game in your favor. Especially in this mode and in high ranks because players are too good and take advantage or a detracked enemy. 

shot_309.jpg

shot_310.jpg

shot_311.jpg

37 minutes ago, kariverson said:

I played some Conqueror GC arty games to see why the hell are there so many arties in the damn ranked battles. Honestly, there is no point playing anything else! So much xp from stunned and detracked enemies, plus the dmg of your own. 

The challenge is city battles.  You might be able to handle top 12 in a win but you are rarely getting a top 3 in a loss.  Is your improved chance in open maps worth the trade?

10 minutes ago, stagnate said:

The challenge is city battles.  You might be able to handle top 12 in a win but you are rarely getting a top 3 in a loss.  Is your improved chance in open maps worth the trade?

Yeah pretty much. With the conqueror rarely had any problems even in city maps, even Himmelsdorf. Ruinberg is a breeze. My only chevron loss was in Himmels because everyone went hill and we lost lol

Had a great time with strv first week. Marched to rank five and got two tank ranks. This week it was a nightmare, so raged and stopped early on Tuesday. Came back tonight and got fucked again for three games so switched to Maus and had just one game where I didn't get a chev (my fault) all the way from rank two to rank five. I thought it might not go well due to all 10s and gold spam,  but Maus is just too much of a beast. 

Other than 907 (and arty, fuck arty), what are you all finding to be most efficient for grinding chevs? 

21 hours ago, 7722 said:

This mode is entirely too grind-y.

I think the problem isn't how few can get top group*, it's that it takes four fucking weeks.  And I can only imagine it's much harder to find people to participate in CW and advances with ranked going. 

Cut it to the three weeks and I'm much happier. 

*that said, they should stop having cutoffs and adjust the percentiles so it stays effectively where it is. It's stupid that until a week is over everyone has to just guess where they're at. 

5 minutes ago, Epic said:

On EU top10% is now 658 players with 17chevs/65.32%.

This top10% is a nice meme by WG. They almost tricked me to "try-hard". According to wot-news there are 900k players play the game at least once a week on EU. Even if only 10% of the population played the ranked during the season that is 90k player. So the best/most dedicated 0,7% makes it to the top 10%, and this will be likely lower by the end of the season. Nice fucking joke.

Yep, was watching some streams yesterday... the shitters that get rank 5, hilarious. From the way chevs are earned, to how the top10% is calculated... Hopefully it will be like War Games (does any one even remember that?)... once and then never again.

2 hours ago, Epic said:

Yep, was watching some streams yesterday... the shitters that get rank 5, hilarious. From the way chevs are earned, to how the top10% is calculated... Hopefully it will be like War Games (does any one even remember that?)... once and then never again.

Didn't wargames get removed because there was a glich and basically everyone that play got a crazy supply of gold for like the next 10-12 hours ? Some friends got like 900k gold.

@Epic Did you by any chances check what was the top 10% last night ? 

I think it was around 3k players yesterday. I am place 1200something and went from league 1 to league 2. Atleast that's something. Last week I was completely out of the leagues

10 hours ago, Hally said:

dat win rate....

But did you get chevrons? :D

Chevrons are life, chevrons are love.

28 minutes ago, 7722 said:

But did you get chevrons? :D

Chevrons are life, chevrons are love.

Yea I get chevrons on all but 2 of the losses. Still.. I'm just shaking my head at how many teams that melt in under 3 mins.

2 hours ago, Hally said:

Yea I get chevrons on all but 2 of the losses. Still.. I'm just shaking my head at how many teams that melt in under 3 mins.

I'm sorry but that WR combined with the fact that you get chevrons means that you're simply farming damage without helping your team to win. That might cut it in randoms because you can carry vs bads, but that doesn't cut it in ranked. 

38 minutes ago, kariverson said:

I'm sorry but that WR combined with the fact that you get chevrons means that you're simply farming damage without helping your team to win. That might cut it in randoms because you can carry vs bads, but that doesn't cut it in ranked. 

Uh... I'm doing things like lead the push in himmelsdorf 8 lane, blap some ppl for 3k dmg in the first 2 mins and bounce some shots, then die to getting shot in the ass because every flank fell apart less than 3 minutes into the match. Probably has something to do with being low ranked (with a lot of under 50% pub players).. but the one sided blowouts actually happened far more often than in pubs.

About 2/3 of the matches are one sided blowouts that are determined in less than 3 minutes. About 1/3 of matches are relatively close matches where I end up doing 5k+.

Getting shevrons in those blowouts really isn't that hard. Shoot something 3 times and I get a shevron in a match with 10+ ppl doing under 1k dmg.