GehakteMolen

Locking turret / gun not possible anymore?

For as long as i play wot (2010...) the default key to lock you turret was RMB, this feature was massive OP and the true seperator between peasants and unicums, real heros lock their gun before they drive around a building or look around in general, while peasant didnt. I press more RMB as LMB, or rather pressED

Since it seems WG removed this fucking function...

• Its by default turned of
  • I cant find anywhere in settings the option to lock gun / turret
  • Pressing X (lock hull) also doesnt do anything (yeah, it turns on the handbreak)

Am i just not looking not good enough, or did WG really remove this? if yes, this is then really pissing me off to no end, up to the point of making wot next too unplayable... (and im not kidding, every meter i drive, i fix my gun so i can look around freely, between shooting i lock my gun often, when driving around a corner, and pre aming i lock my gun and so on and on....

omfg

I always had zoom in/out on RMB, buuuuut, that means you cant lock your gun... To make it even better:

• if you use default, it works
  • put anything on RMB, it does not work
  • put everything manual back to default, does not work
  • press default, and it works again...

also doesnt matter what you put on RMB, if you bind any key to RMB, you cant lock you gun, and manual changing this  also doesnt help

ps: and since locking turret has no key, you also cant put it on another key...

It's now hardwired to the Auto-Aim key...

From the Patchnotes:

12. Changes to Controls

Changed the operation logic of the button that locks turret rotation: the Auto-Aim button is now used for locking the turret. Previously, the default button for locking the turret rotation was RMB.

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

omfg

I always had zoom in/out on RMB, buuuuut, that means you cant lock your gun... To make it even better:

• if you use default, it works
  • put anything on RMB, it does not work
  • put everything manual back to default, does not work
  • press default, and it works again...

also doesnt matter what you put on RMB, if you bind any key to RMB, you cant lock you gun, and manual changing this  also doesnt help

ps: and since locking turret has no key, you also cant put it on another key...

The latest in potato coding techniques from WG.

5 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Let's be honest - WG fucked this up. I used to press E for autoaim and RMB to lock turret and now I have to re-learn it or find mod fixing this bullshit.

I dont think you can mod it. Retarded move by WG, exactly what was the issue previously? Too many buttons for russkies to use?

8 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

I dont think you can mod it. Retarded move by WG, exactly what was the issue previously? Too many buttons for russkies to use?

In mods I trust. 

Changes like this are so annoying, its a change FOR NOTHING, there where no bugs with it, no issues, no exploits, it was in the game since the start (?) yet some low lvl retard dev without something usefull to do was like: herp derp, immma gonna change this key binding, because why not...

if some butthurt WG retard dev is reading this: you have somebody on your department with either too much time or too little brain...

Wait, so if it's the same button as auto-aim, does this mean you click it when your cursor is not on a tank to lock the turret in place? But if you click it and your cursor is on a tank, it'll simply engage auto-aim? That seems cumbersome as heck. I use RMB to enter sniper mode, so had to do a quick double-click to lock my turret (a bit disorientating at times but I seem to make it work). Using the auto-aim button seems like a pain as I find the 'x' button really awkward to press if I'm moving at the same time.

13 minutes ago, cavman276 said:

why the fuck would those degenerates even change it

fucking tards

When you're a retard and do retarded things you are often not aware of the fact that you are a retard and do retarded things.

Wait this is really confusing, I use my middle mouse button click to toggle sniper mode and my rmb to auto aim/lock turret. Does this mean to need to rebind auto aim/lock turret in the new patch? 

I will occasionally lock my turret if I want to look off in a weird direction.

What is the advantage to locking it when poking the corner?  (I assume you aren't talking about locking onto the enemy with Auto-Aim)

I have heard that poking a corner with the "R" key instead of "W" will create a smaller bloom.

1 minute ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I will occasionally lock my turret if I want to look off in a weird direction.

What is the advantage to locking it when poking the corner?  I have heard that poking a corner with the "R" key instead of "W" will create a smaller bloom.

gun doesn't get stuck on a wall or building. Unsure if that has been fixed or not.

Poking with R will set you at 1/3 throttle instead of full throttle, so of course less bloom.

Is this changing how RMB behaves or not? Cause it has functioned as both turret lock and auto-aim for ages. Did this change or what?

6 minutes ago, KenadianCSJ said:

Is this changing how RMB behaves or not? Cause it has functioned as both turret lock and auto-aim for ages. Did this change or what?

If you run default controls, everything is fucking the same. Bunch of people just being all upset and confused.