Canadian_Reaper

Are you sure there aren't hacks? Sixth Sense Question

Yeah I know- but an actual question, if you're spotted, shot, and your commander is killed before the 3 second "sixth sense" window is up, do you not get a spotted warning ? (Even though I assume you should, because the commander was alive when you got spotted)

Just had a game on Fjords(my least favorite map ever) in my Leo1, one of you purple types in a FV4005 shot me (for like 1900 damage) without my sixth sense going off, I was pissed, but realized he had killed my commander so figured that's what happened. 

After teh battle received a PM from a player on my team asking if I'd been spotted ,as the FV had apparently shot him as well without his sixth going off. Asked if his commander had been killed as well, but didn't get a response back.

So curious if this is how dead commanders/sixth sense works, or if the rumours about you evil cheating purples are true.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3632239?secret=57300c3f4eb8c9273d1a15b6bf7c3fb3

You probably got blind shotted. I frequently blind shot obvious bushes early on into the game if there isn't anything to shoot at, and nothing is expected to show up for a while.

1 hour ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

I believe the window between when you get spotted and sixth sense going off is actually two seconds, not three. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, I very well may be.

It's 3 seconds.  The new directives could reduce it to 2s in some cases.

If you kill a tank, it doesn't seem to set off 6th sense. I do this all the time - low health tank at a range where they should spot me, nail them, and I don't get spotted. 

Am I wrong? Did it tonight on Prok... M46 Patton on the hill, I shot him through bushes but not double bushed twice. Got spotted for the first two shots but not spotted for the kill shot.

You could have been in an obvious spot in which either 3 things could have happened.

1) He had enough view range to burn through your camo and outlight you
2) A light tank lit you and he was waiting for the light and instantly fired when you got lit
3) He blind fired at you because fuck it this game is literally 25% RNG at the start + whatever luck you happen to have when you're playing

I am pretty sure it was a blind shot. From the east someone takes the bush in the middle in every game. That is one of the most obvious blind shot in the entire game. But you can show us a replay, if this wasn't the case.

36 minutes ago, DHP said:

inb4 replay was not activated or "glitched". :fat:

...Really? You post simply to say "I bet this guy doesn't have a replay?" How...sad. 

12 hours ago, Daerlon said:

If you kill a tank, it doesn't seem to set off 6th sense. I do this all the time - low health tank at a range where they should spot me, nail them, and I don't get spotted. 

Am I wrong? Did it tonight on Prok... M46 Patton on the hill, I shot him through bushes but not double bushed twice. Got spotted for the first two shots but not spotted for the kill shot.

Yeah I know that happens, that's why I'm wondering if it's the same thing if your commander gets killed, again (as I read it) technically it shouldn't, but really have no idea.

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

@Canadian_Reaper replay please. Pretty trash title and thread without.

Replay in first post, and please, it's a brilliant title. 

Thanks all! Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a blind shot (there were tanks behind me, but it doesn't look like I was in a direct line) just a blind shot that hits me while I'm moving around a bit. I also can't imagine taking blind shots with a gun that takes 30 seconds to reload..but then again I'm not even blue, let alone purple, so...

Really just kind of curious as to the mechanics of does sixth sense not go off if the commander is killed in that interval.

1 minute ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

...Really? You post simply to say "I bet this guy doesn't have a replay?" How...sad. 

I agree. But sadder than creating post about sixth sense glitch ? :fat:

Just watched you replay, I don't see any issue. He was in the very famous bush on this map and you were in the open moving with no bush between you and him. Commander was dead so you didn't get any alert. He was probably pre-aim here because it's well knowed that people cross and then stay in the open..:gachi:

#CaseClosed

12 hours ago, Daerlon said:

Nope. Enemy spots you just after you shot and your camo is not good enough to hide you anyway. 

16 minutes ago, DHP said:

I agree. But sadder than creating post about sixth sense glitch ? :fat:

Just watched you replay, I don't see any issue. He was in the very famous bush on this map and you were in the open moving with no bush between you and him. Commander was dead so you didn't get any alert. He was probably pre-aim here because it's well knowed that people cross and then stay in the open..:gachi:

#CaseClosed

nah cause it's a question- I assumed (and yes apparently with the old saying about assuming) that because the commander was alive when the shot was fired, I should get a warning, that's why I was curious, Didn't know that's how it work (I mean I've only been playing for some 15 thousand games..man I suck) 

Thanks for confirming that's how it works though.

4 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

nah cause it's a question- I assumed (and yes apparently with the old saying about assuming) that because the commander was alive when the shot was fired, I should get a warning, that's why I was curious, Didn't know that's how it work (I mean I've only been playing for some 15 thousand games..man I suck) 

Thanks for confirming that's how it works though.

Yeah 100% what DHP said. I don't know why did you stay on the open field like that. Please take this as an advice: That bush where the enemy TD was sitting is well known. It would have been a surprise if you wouldn't have got shot at that position. If I were you, I would watch some twitch, or youtube videos with map explanations.

3 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

just a blind shot that hits me while I'm moving around a bit.

Just to sidetrack this conversation, if it's a blind shot it doesn't matter what your tank is doing.  By definition, he is aiming at a point in space.