Archaic_One

Lets grease up and get ready to purge bois! Its directive time

I'm not sure whether the iEquipment will ever make it through beta in the face of all the pubby rage, but I suspect the single largest use of bonds by most players will be to purchase the new consumables, aka Directives (such a Soviet era name . . . "Here are your directives komrad - do not fail us")

The crew skill directives seem kind of haphazardly balanced (some double a bonus that has already been determined to be pretty irrelevant like snap shot).  The notion of being able to purchase an untrained perk or skill on a single game basis is kind of interesting I guess, especially if you want to use a relatively new tank crew in CW for example.  The crew directives seem pretty similar to crew skills - a few of them are really important and most of them are just stupidly pointless.  

Being able to buy the firefighting perk on a crew is basically getting food and an extinguisher at the same time.  Food is still >>>> any of the iEquipment, so yeah.

The equipment directives seem more clearly defined as a flat % improvement on existing equipment.  All of them seem pretty useful except the toolbox one.

What do you guys see as the most consistent values?  I wonder if there will be 'sales' on directives where they are reduced in price for a weekend.  I can personally see iEquipment  getting axed, but I would not be surprised if directives are here to stay.

What really bugs me is that WG already admitted like 2 years ago that Crew Skills and Equipment need a rework.

But not only did nothing come out of it, they also expand on a one dimensional system full of noob traps with expensive and hard to earn features.

39 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

I just keep wondering about the converging similarities between Archaic One and SaintLaurentius Avatars. Is it just me? Serendipity, blind chance, or a Machiavellian plot?

It's a dao thing

2 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

I just keep wondering about the converging similarities between Archaic One and SaintLaurentius Avatars. Is it just me? Serendipity, blind chance, or a Machiavellian plot?

Holy shit, it is REAL.  Its like I'm a Pokemon evolving into the legendary form of @SaintLaurentius:

Evolution_zpsdork1tgz.jpg

LOL.

The character in my avatar is Väinämöinen, the main figure in the Finnish epic book Kalevala. There's quite a few awesome paintings made by Gallen-Kallela about Väinämöinen. Sammon Ryöstö and Väinämöisen lähtö to name a few.

Sammon-ry%C3%B6st%C3%B6.jpg