Sign in to follow this  
Rspctd

Is 4k the new 3k?

This is something I've been pondering for a while.

Doing 3k damage in a tier 10 was usually a baseline for a unicum player where 4k damage was usually reserved for a top tier super uni player. With the new MM changes do you think we are seeing a shift in avg damage at this tier? Personally, I feel like I've been playing better but I'm not sure if that is just a perceived notion because of damage pools being much higher. 

Thoughts?

I mean most of my tier 10s i have had going on two years or more with exception of swedes, now I'm not anywhere near even the best in my clan let alone the server. But even as a teal i pulled 3k dpg in a lot of the heavies and competitive mediums, my exceptions being E5/Is7/failowe all of which I've struggled to repair the lasting dmg of playing like garbage in the past. 

I guess if you really wish to up the anty you could say that 4k dpg is now to be shot for, but its just further shrinking the pool of what would be considered good in a time where less and less "good" players seem to stick to the game on NA. . .  That and no ones going to catch carbon anyways so why bother being number 2 :^)

Nah, 3k dpg is a pretty good baseline

In tier 9s. 

For real, it's just that you're better at the game so 3.5k is easy. But some people struggle. If you look at dpg whores the recent top 50 cut off is around 3700 dpg. 

Mfw I try and start a conversation and you autists carry it away with "muh stats" or "reeeeeeeee win more."

This isn't the point at all. I think most of us who still play this shit game somewhat care about performance or competency, thus I'm trying converse over this. 

Nah tier 10s can still farm dmg quite well, especially on full T10 matches which means just more HP

The real problem is with most of tier 8s, though then again i guess few of them might benefit from higher HP (very high pen ones)

1 hour ago, Rspctd said:

Mfw I try and start a conversation and you autists carry it away with "muh stats" or "reeeeeeeee win more."

This isn't the point at all. I think most of us who still play this shit game somewhat care about performance or competency, thus I'm trying converse over this. 

I'm surprised you expected different answers from the generic ones. tbh i dont there are many people here left who actually care about a topic like that, myself included.

@Rspctd At this stage in the game, yes 4k is the new 3k not because IMO because you are a better player but because the overall population is getting worse at this game.  2 years ago, the amount of super unicums and unicums were way higher than currently.  With that number shrinking and the amount of bad players increasing you're essentially farming either bots or reddit dads.

Not to say that 4k isn't a great achievement, it's just not as great as it used to be.

37 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

@Rspctd At this stage in the game, yes 4k is the new 3k not because IMO because you are a better player but because the overall population is getting worse at this game.  2 years ago, the amount of super unicums and unicums were way higher than currently.  With that number shrinking and the amount of bad players increasing you're essentially farming either bots or reddit dads.

Not to say that 4k isn't a great achievement, it's just not as great as it used to be.

So then with that reasoning, 5k is the new norm on EU? :jebaited:

8 hours ago, Rspctd said:

Winning is competency. Anything else is masturbatory statistics.

It depends on the tank you're talking about as well. Some tanks have gone through so many changes that 3k avg in them before was about as hard as 4k DPG now (see E5 buff (sort of fixed but still better than before), Maus, Type 5, 907 to some extent although it already had very high DPG outputs among the top players and they haven't gone up nearly as much for the top end at least)

The heavy meta is a blessing and a curse, WG seemed to prep for this with their retarded map changes years ago. All these superheavies means there's a lot more HP on both sides, long attrition lanes that should implicate slower games meaning more damage should be farmable. It's however at the cost of vision abuse and actual aggression meaning you're much more dependant on your team for a consistent high damage output which is obviously very bad. In the end I think it wound up roughly the same, I haven't seen any real improvement in MM with the new changes (my tier 8 winrate has gone up quite a bit from 70 to 80 but my DPG outputs have gone down much more due to having those farm games almost completely removed, and in T10 it's stayed roughly the same although this might be bias since I haven't even played near 1k games total since the patch hit with new MM). 

The improved equipments will certainly help in farming DPG, rammer/vstab/vents on certain tanks might even break them a little bit even though they weren't buffed to being broken in the first place.

The STB-1 will probably be one of those tanks. IVstab plus a Vstab directive makes the tank much more reliable. Now you have a DPM monster with 10 degrees of gun dep that can actually hit shots reliably. The tank already had record DPG of 5K on the EU server before this from IMeeGo's DPG challenge. Of course this was during vision meta and nobody's ever been close since (hardly any players even doing 4K in pure damage anymore). But this just might break the tank to the point where shots hit 4/5 instead of 3,5/5 which means the average effective DPM you can put out while advancing should be a flat net of at least one more shot per game. On the test server I tried it both with and without the new improved equip and directives, and I had my hitrate in the mid 80s instead of mid 70s which is obviously a very big thing. The tank certainly felt a lot more comfy and just imagine when you can slap on two more pieces of equipment on it. Vents for a bloom+final acc boost and the rammer and vents increase in DPM should be enough to let the autistic tryhards that are left in the game net at least two more shots per game (4K -> 4700/4800). For the 3k avg playerbase I don't really know yet. It might just be big enough of a boost for them too, but I think the improved equipment isn't just easier to get for better players, but will make more of an impact to better players than the average one in terms of performance. 

Different scenarios but roughly the same outcomes should be for the Batchat (Vstab - hitrate), 50B(Vstab- aka it can shoot on the move), T57 (Vstab- hitrate), E 50M (Rammer - have fun with what's probably the best gun in the entire game performance wise now having normal T10 DPM), 907 (Vstab or Vents - so now the one advantage the 62A/140 had over it is gone which is bloom, the improvement on bloom for this one is much higher, it goes from sort of unreliable to reliable, while the 62a/140 still have enough bloom to miss once in a while obviously incredibly good).

I mean you can just imagine what happens to tanks that are sort of perfectly balanced gunwise that suddenly get improvements that start changing up the way they can be played. Tanks like the FV215b and M48 will be exactly the same because the improved equipment can't really change their playstyle, just their DPM since the guns can't really get better (I tried putting Vstab on it, M48 was noticeable but the FV felt exactly the same). But slap some gun handling on that STB gun and you'll start feeling like you're fighting an Strv 103B if he's behind a ridge and you're getting caught. (Obviously the gun handling is not Strv level, just the scenario of perfect hulldown at a ridge getting shot by a DPM monster gun).

I don't know if it's possible or if anyone's stupid enough to actually put Improved Equips on lower tiers but for people who want the edge on tiers outside of 10 this is where you'll get it. Most people will slap these on CW stacks in T10 for clan reqs or whatever for campaigns. But slap that improved Vstab on an IS-3 and you'll have a muuuuuuuuuuch better IS-3 than the rest of the other stalinists in whatever mode you decide playing it in. You can probably give a few of these equips up for SH tanks in T8 to give an edge there as well, better tank aka more wins aka more credits once the beta is over and WG actually decides on how to earn these outside of the mode. (Personal Missions season 2 doesn't sound unlikely, bonds instead of personal reserves make a lot of sense). Point is that in lower tiers there are even more tanks that are balanced around having derpy guns to counter their other traits,where the DPG can change even more drastically just because you can now fix the guns to a level of reliability where the tanks with already good gun handling will benefit much less. (In a goldspam meta, being able to just hit your shots is way more important than being able to snipe pixels). The Leo PTA should be able to show this if it is possible, the gun will still be worse than the E 50s, but it has high standard pen and 330 HEAT, and now it can reduce the time needed to aim, and hit more of its shots. The E 50 on the other end will get even better gun handling but it never had the problem of missing shots in the first place. Without a 330 HEAT round it's only real advantage over the PTA is some DPM and the armour while the PTA just surpassed it in pretty much everything else with a more reliable gun. 

The E 50 DPG record I've seen is around 4,4k. The PTA is Carbons at roughly 4K (I tried searching for the screen for exact DPG but couldn't find it). I can only imagine that numbers will shift more in favour of the PTA, maybe it's still a worse DPG whore than the E 50 after improved equipments and directs, but the improvement will certainly be in favour of the PTA.

23 hours ago, Rspctd said:

So then with that reasoning, 5k is the new norm on EU? :jebaited:

Nah, I'd say that it's about the same.  We've gotten to the point I feel that NA pubbies are just as fucking retarded as the EU ones and there are probably around the same amount per match.  They only play differently per server.

BTW I'm not even memeing it used to be that NA had more skilled players per match than EU due to the smaller server size while maintaining the high competitive drive between players but now all the unicums and super unicums are leaving and going to other games we just don't want to deal with the shit War Gaming has been dealing out to us.