ThomChen114

Alecto- QF 6-pdr: tier 4 E25?

I'm relatively new to the Alecto, but after seeing some clan mates started to take advantage of new MM to seal club low tiers after 9.17.1 dropped I decided to have a go again and resume the grind up the British Assault TD line

i've had just over 30 games in the Alecto, and gotten 5 Ace games in it. The first 3 or 4 Aces were with a new, under 100% crews since at the time I was still getting a feel of it. I used a recent discount to bump them up to 100% asap

so far i've been using the 6-pdr, which at its tier makes it feel like a tier 4 E-25. 

maybe i'll come around to trying out the 25-pdr and 3.7" howitzer soon. but until then i'll make myself at home rapidly battering tier 5 tanks to death

The best part of the Skeeball gun is that many long-range shots will be through the top armor, and it can curve over hills. The tears from those rare instances where the shot actually lands where you want it can be worth the frustration.

9 hours ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

The 6 pdr is for seal clubbers. True gentleman tankers use the 3.7" to give their opponents a fair shot to dodge the incoming fire, thus rewarding the higher level of skill.

but how else may I complete my coat for the winter?

I might try out the 3.7" soon. Last time I can remember using it was in the Cruiser II lobbing shells at stuff on the edge of the square render range