Calmdown

What Tier 10 Medium / heavy Medium to aim for?

I have various lines at T7/T8 but because I play quite infrequently, I'm not sure what tanks are good and/or worth at the moment so bot sure what to do next. I mostly solopub.

I've had the T-62a since release and I love it, and play it a lot. I like the rumed playstyle. I also have the AMX50B which I enjoy for a Fast Heavy.

I've considered the 110E5 but I dont know if it's past its prime now, and I dont know if I'm going to be disappointed with other T10 mediums than the T62a when I get to them that they just aren't as... Russian.

Any recommendations on something which is fun and good to aim for next? 

The 113 and TVP seem to be all the rage nowadays, if you want to be competitive. The E 50 M is heavy duty, and could be fun also.

Edit: I do still love my E5. It's not as immune to arty as superheavies are, but the 113 is also weak in that department.

Go to test server when it's up and try them? All t10 meds have their advantages. E5 is still good. 

Yeah, don't let anybody convince you the E5 is past its prime.  It still reks face in pubs, and still holds up in competitive play.  It lost its spot to the 113 in CW because the 113 is really mobile and hits hard - not because there is anything wrong with the E5, its just not quite fast enough.

As far as heaviums are concerned:

The 907 is probably the best medium/heavium you can get atm, practically no real weaknesses except for the typical Russian gundepression, basically an upgrade to the other Russian T10 meds.

The 113 is more of a true heavium as it has both good mobility and decent armor as long as you don´t mind all the module damage.

The E5 can still hold its ground after the nerf, it lacks the mobility to be a true heavium though.

Also, E50M is weak.

Do not get the 113.

Its just not a fun tank... useful sure, but a pain in the ass to pub in.

I'd get an E5, that thing was already perfect before they gave it a titanium cupola. 

54 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

As far as heaviums are concerned:

The 907 is probably the best medium/heavium you can get atm, practically no real weaknesses except for the typical Russian gundepression, basically an upgrade to the other Russian T10 meds.

The 113 is more of a true heavium as it has both good mobility and decent armor as long as you don´t mind all the module damage.

The E5 can still hold its ground after the nerf, it lacks the mobility to be a true heavium though.

Also, E50M is weak.

907 is a CW reward tank. and yeah

113 takes awhile to get used to, but the grind to it is fun, with ups and downs in terms of firepower from tier 7 to tier 10 (122 -> 100 -> 130 -> 122). squishier than the IS-7 and not as idiot-proof

E5 is still a dependable and tough tank

Alternative question - I was out of the game for the light tank overhaul, are there any lights that play like a light/medium/"lightium"? Might be something different I've not played before.

1 hour ago, Calmdown said:

Alternative question - I was out of the game for the light tank overhaul, are there any lights that play like a light/medium/"lightium"? Might be something different I've not played before.

54 ltwt, 132-1

On 2017-6-10 at 4:35 AM, Calmdown said:

When I saw "lightium" I was going to say leopard 1... oh wait that's crap nevermind.

But to be honest apart from the wz132-1 which has a little value the high tier lights are all turds unless im rly mistaken.. maybe the 13 90 in platoons is still an ok light, but its not a medium. What wg did was they turned the light tank trees from "crap but fun to play" into "crap and not fun to play" (excewpt maybe the t100 lt which is fun but infuriating due to the kv2 accuracy). The only lights I'd get are the mid tiers like the 13 57, t71 and wz131, i dont know much about tier 6, but 8 is ok too. but the tier 9-10 lights are turds on tracks

I'd probably go for a high tier medium that rips through lights but can still brawl, like an stb1. its not worth bothering with the lights imo.

I think foch ranked the tier 10 lights from worst to best as german, sheridan, 13 105, t100, wz132-1 if you are really interested in picking one up.

121 anyone? It's getting a depression buff and it has a heavy gun on a fairly mobile and armoured chassis..

Way better handling than 113 as well..

Of all the t10 lights get the wz , everything else is not worth if you want to be competitive..

14 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

121 anyone? It's getting a depression buff and it has a heavy gun on a fairly mobile and armoured chassis..

Way better handling than 113 as well..

Of all the t10 lights get the wz , everything else is not worth if you want to be competitive..

Until the 121 get a HD model, it just won't hold like the 113 due to vast turret armor differences. 113 turret has small zones of 290 to 330, with most of the cheeks being immune. 121 turret cheek is mostly 240 - 260 effective.. which is butter to premium ammo.

I don't have my e5 yet, but when I see one in the hands of a good player on the other team...I run in fear.

About lights: I have wz132-1 but dont like it much really. Its like cheap, worse, lite version of tier 10 mediums. Bit more  camo and speed compared to real meds but well, not enough camo to be scout like T100LT. Batchat has close to same camo rating as wz132-1... Same bad gun dpm and accuracy as all t10 lights etc etc.

Chinese tree would not be bad. 113 is decent tier 10 and also remember there should be new optional t10 coming pretty soon(?). Especially as tier 9 heavy WZ-111 model 1-4 is one of best and funniest tier 9 tanks in game so grinding tier 10 should be breeze, that tank is even more seal clubber than e50 in randoms especially with new 3-5-7 MM.