MagicalFlyingFox

9.19.1 - The Great Russian Rebalance^TM

So we had the german rebalance not too long ago, it seems like its now the russian tanks turn.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/11/9-19-1-test-estimated-release-dates/

Of course these notes just say "buffs" which might be true, but we might also see the T-44 get some love now with the power creep.

Anyway we can be optimistic and say WG might do some good rebalancing but that's unlikely.

So who is looking forward to IS-7 spam?

I saw this part....

"– Buffs to researchable vehicles, mainly USSR
– Buffs to premiums, mainly USSR"

I can't wait to see the patch notes saying the Object 252u/Defender are getting a ROF buff or a gun handling buff due to poor performance. :biglaugh:

45 minutes ago, Bavor said:

I saw this part....

"– Buffs to researchable vehicles, mainly USSR
– Buffs to premiums, mainly USSR"

I can't wait to see the patch notes saying the Object 252u/Defender are getting a ROF buff or a gun handling buff due to poor performance. :biglaugh:

That's complex fix, makeLFPgreatagain :doge:

I tbh expect this:

IS-3A:

- turret roof armor increased to 50 from 20

- UFP armor increased by 20 mm

- LFP armor increased by 20

- Dispersion on move improved by 25%

- DPM increased by 10%

- Engine replaced with IS-3's top engine

"IS-3A was somewhat overshadowed with its peer, Object 252U Defender. With these boosts, IS-3A is competitive again."

IS-6:

- Gun "D-25T" replaced with "BL-13"

- Alpha damage increased from 390 to 440

- Penetration increased from 175 / 217 to 225 / 265

- Roof armor increased from 30 to 50

"IS-6 is now competitive with Object 252U. It has same gun, and extra, it has prefential matchmaking, but at cost, it has overall worse armor."

KV-5:

- Penetration of APCR rounds increased from 219 to 270

- Turret armor increased from 180 to 220 all around

- Armor layout changed (cupolas and r2d2 are now all 200 atleast, one of the cupolas on turret has no hitbox anymore)

- Upper rear armor increased from 90 to 140

- Mantlet armor reworked (now there is armor behind the mantlet)

"The old and original tier 8 Soviet premium is now up on date again! It now truly is a armored monster, with two ammunition types to fight either poorly armored targets or heavily armored ones (AKA SPAM GOLD FUCKERS)"

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

"IS-6 is now competitive with Object 252U. It has same gun, and extra, it has prefential matchmaking, but at cost, it has overall worse armor."

And what about T54Proto, WZ fam, T-34-3... that's overkill for IS6. 

Knowing WG, they probably buff ROF of RU tier 10 meds...

18 minutes ago, Taze said:

Knowing WG, they probably buff ROF of RU tier 10 meds...

They are meds. Will not get buffed. Same reason t54mod1 will probably stay shit while most heavies will become broken as fuck 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

And what about T54Proto, WZ fam, T-34-3... that's overkill for IS6. 

The IS-6 was designed to mount the BL-9 irrc, i.e. the high velocity 122mm same as the IS-3, which is completely different from the HEAT firing 122mm D25-T clones on the WZ and the 34-3.

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

IS-6:

- Gun "D-25T" replaced with "BL-13"

- Alpha damage increased from 390 to 440

- Penetration increased from 175 / 217 to 225 / 265

- Roof armor increased from 30 to 50

Needs IS-6 rof and 252 alfa. Now you can outtrade and outdpm T9 heavies.

Is6 should get the is3a ammunition loadout (221 apcr, 270 heat) and leave everything else untouched.

KV-5 (muh love) should either get the KV-4's top 107 or have its penetration buffed to 200/250(maybe even 260) pen, maybe slightly reduce the rof to balance it, armour is fine since it has frontal weakspots and it can still bounce a lot by actually angling and using your skills instead of HURRDURRIMDEFENDER..

Mod1 should either get a better gun or a huge mobility AND view range buff..

Is7 swapped with t-10 (buffing t-10's upper and lower plates and removing the stupid overmatch roof) and slightly nerf to is7 hull armour so that tier 7 heavies have a chance with premium..

Lower tiers? Who even plays those? :MingLee:

The easiest way to buff the IS6 and KV5 is to give all of the new tier 8 heavies (M4, Defender, O Ho, VK1000000001, Chrysler, etc.) a fucking frontal weak spot.  Obviously that ain't happening, so just give them both the KV-4 107mm gun.  Historical shistorical, the history boat sailed long ago WG - quit pretending you care about history.

18 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I'm expecting another IS-6 buff. *sigh*

The people I know who play WoT console said that on console the IS-6 has 2 gun options.  When you swap in the BL-13 it loses pref matchmaking.  When you keep the stock gun it keeps pref matchmaking.

15 hours ago, lavawing said:

Needs IS-6 rof and 252 alfa. Now you can outtrade and outdpm T9 heavies.

because that's exactly what premium tier 8 pref MM tanks are supposed to be able to do.

15 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

KV-5 (muh love) should either get the KV-4's top 107 or have its penetration buffed to 200/250(maybe even 260) pen, maybe slightly reduce the rof to balance it, armour is fine since it has frontal weakspots and it can still bounce a lot by actually angling and using your skills instead of HURRDURRIMDEFENDER..

^

i'd rather they buff the APCR and AP so that the KV-5 doesn't become a tier 8 Excelsior. 200 AP pen is generous considering what it faces

KV-5 is still survivable by virtue of not playing it like a Defender  dumbass and working with teammates

6 hours ago, Bavor said:

The people I know who play WoT console said that on console the IS-6 has 2 gun options.  When you swap in the BL-13 it loses pref matchmaking.  When you keep the stock gun it keeps pref matchmaking.

With the APCR gun it would just be a worse Defender. If it loses pref MM as an option it should keep its DPM to compensate. That would give it Tier 9 firepower on a chassis that's pretty weak against tier 10s.

47 minutes ago, lavawing said:

With the APCR gun it would just be a worse Defender. If it loses pref MM as an option it should keep its DPM to compensate. That would give it Tier 9 firepower on a chassis that's pretty weak against tier 10s.

Perfect for a tier 8 premium. Overpowered as shit.