Sign in to follow this  
Calmdown

How is the grind to WZ-132-1?

Considering a grind to this as I really enjoy my T71 and Bat12t, but I want a tier 10 light that works and this seems the best candidate. Also I already have a crew from Type 64.

How is the line in general from Tier 6 onward (I'll definitely free xp the low tiers, not interested in low tier gameplay)? Any stinkers or real bad stock guns, etc?

Cheers

With the changes to lights, it's pro'ly one of the most consistent and comfortable light grinds around.  The Tier IV, VI, VII, and VIII are all decent/good (for lights, you'll forever be a gimped medium).  Haven't yet bought the 132A, but from what I've heard, it continues the comfort trend (though, curse WG for giving it a "special" version of the 110's gun, woulda been nice to have another free unlock).

3 hours ago, Errants said:

Haven't yet bought the 132A, but from what I've heard, it continues the comfort trend

Depends what you view as being comfortable. I found it comfortably frustrating. Why WG deemed that lights needed accuracy that got progressively worse up the tiers is beyond me. Coupled with expensive shells i found the economy comfortably one of the more annoying, plus you have less VR than the 8 which it sort of replaced (ie the old 132). And pls note, most of my annoyance stems from how nice the old 132 was. I gather the new 132 is still pretty decent, tho i note it also got schwacked with the accuracy and VR nerf. To be perfectly honest i get the feeling it was in the midst of the light rebalance that most of the balance team left. The whole release felt unfinished.

But yeah, many have said the 132-1 is the pick of the bunch. As above the gripes i have are mostly based on how the line and 8 lights used to be, so i guess grain of salt and all that.

5 hours ago, Calmdown said:

but I want a tier 10 light that works and this seems the best candidate.

The best of a crap bunch is still crap. but yeah, its the only mildly useful one tbh. id link fochs video but im lazy

6 hours ago, Calmdown said:

How is the line in general from Tier 6 onward (I'll definitely free xp the low tiers, not interested in low tier gameplay)? Any stinkers or real bad stock guns, etc?

Yeah the 59 16 is nice, the wz131 is still amazing, one of my favourites,and the wz132 seems pretty good. the tier 6-8 grind is fine, but along with all the lights, the tier 9 and ten are not worth the effort of buying, id stop at tier 8.

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

Depends what you view as being comfortable. I found it comfortably frustrating. Why WG deemed that lights needed accuracy that got progressively worse up the tiers is beyond me. 

Why wg does a lot of things is beyond me

I've just started myself and am currently on the WZ-131.

The 59-16 was heaps of fun and really enjoyed it, played 37 games and ended with 70% WR and 1k DPG. It gets awesome MM now so you can just stomp pubbies with view range advantage. I kept it.

WZ-131 is a great little tank with heaps of potential! Its actually very good when stock, I even got the Ace tanker when it was stock lol

I have a female crew with 3 skills which has made it easier, just get camo/view range stuff and you're good to go. 

Annoying things include constantly seeing tier 9s.. But I was never scared of tier 9 heavies or TDs. Its the light tanks you have to watch out for, they will destroy you one on one. The prem heat ammo is a bit annoying, would prefer APCR for the shell speed.

So far I'm loving them! the 59-16 will also give you 8k wn8 sessions lol