leggasiini

9.19.1 patchnotes - NO RUSSIAN BUFF, WZ-111 5A coming

41 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Expect the thing is that if you look at color code, the 89 mm casemate armor is listed as yellow-green, yet on that picture its red. In tanks.gg, the casemate front is colored almost similarly as lower plate, aka yellow-green. The highest thickness, 225 mm, is coded red. The 2nd thickest part is 112 mm and thats yellow-orange. The HD CGC actually has 225 casemate armor.

I've seen certain tanks end up with like 300mm of roof armor at certain points in test servers, so still possible it's that, assuming the gradient thing they have is even accurate.  I don't have the thing downloaded so I can't give any examples, but I've never liked using it as any sort of reference.

Also, just look at the model, does it look HD?  It's still low poly, still has doors and vision ports as weak spots, still looks exactly the same as the existing one.  I can assure you that the HD model will be different in all three areas.

21 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

tank.gg and TI both assign the colors the same way, i.e red for the thickest armor, green for the thinnest, and every other color is assigned and everthing inbetween along the colorscale depending on how thick it is compared to the min/max armorvalues.

Because of that if you look at the colorscales of different tanks you will see that they all look slightly different.

A red to green gradient is very obvious, I can see that.  I'm talking about the exact way that the colors inbetween are assigned.  Tank inspector gives no fucks about the actual thickness of armor, just looks at what order they're at in terms of thickness on the tank.  

If a tank had five armor zones, 100mm, 50mm, 20mm, 18mm, and 15mm, tanks.gg would make the 100mm red and everything else yellow or green.  TI would make 100mm red, 50 orange, 20mm yellow, etc.  Tanks.gg it would be near impossible to visually tell the difference between the last three, wouldn't be an issue in TI.

With this tank, I honestly don't know what's up with the 112mm zone.  Gamemodels3d insists it doesn't exist, while the other two places say it does.  225mm I know exists and I've already said where.  I'm guessing that while tanks.gg lists it, it isn't actually taking up a slot on the gradient, leaving 89mm as also being very red.  Either way, the red in the screencap doesn't look like it's for the thickest value.

I'll send $5 to one of you bastards if the patch goes live with this thing getting 225mm armor there.

2 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

If a tank had five armor zones, 100mm, 50mm, 20mm, 18mm, and 15mm, tanks.gg would make the 100mm red and everything else yellow or green.  TI would make 100mm red, 50 orange, 20mm yellow, etc.  Tanks.gg it would be near impossible to visually tell the difference between the last three, wouldn't be an issue in TI.

That´s where you are wrong, both programs work the exact same way in that regard.

Just look at the challanger for example in both tanks.gg and TI, it has a 200mm zone and the next thickest part in 89mm and in both programs the color of that 89mm zone is a light orange.

33 minutes ago, Swoopie said:

From EU patchnotes (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/632965-9191-supertest-information/#topmost):

• Added the new researchable Tier X WZ-111-5A heavy tank to the Chinese branch. The vehicle will replace the 113 and can be researched through the WZ-111-4.
  • In this connection, the 113 will be become a Premium vehicle.

Atleast I dont need a new crew for it so there's that

ce1fa0ba10164eb335131256a202bd85.png
Looks like a normal vehicle to me

5 minutes ago, lavawing said:

ce1fa0ba10164eb335131256a202bd85.png

I am aware of that picture, just thought it was interesting to see conflicting patch notes posted by EU community head. Unlikely to be a translation error (Somebody had to actually say to them that 113 is gonna end up as a premium vehicle, no way otherwise you can make that up), but wouldn't be suprised if it's just a fuck up on EU's part (Wouldn't be the first time).

9 minutes ago, Swoopie said:

I am aware of that picture, just thought it was interesting to see conflicting patch notes posted by EU community head. Unlikely to be a translation error (Somebody had to actually say to them that 113 is gonna end up as a premium vehicle, no way otherwise you can make that up), but wouldn't be suprised if it's just a fuck up on EU's part (Wouldn't be the first time).

I sincerely hope they keep the 113 as a normal vehicle instead of more 11111111111111111111111111111111111111 spam. A side branch would make sense from a business perspective and it wouldn't be the first time anyway.

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Cant wait to go hulldown against Defender, bounce it and pen its LFP with APCR

I dare you to tell ANYTHING POSSIBLE that would introduce more salt than that :serb: :serb: :serb: :serb: :serb: 

With gun placed so low you might not even need APCR. :serb: 

I think the 113 change to prem applies to CN region only, it's just that the patchnotes are kinda confusing. See:

• China (only CN рregion): added the following vehicles:

* T-26G FT

* M3G FT

* SU-76G FT

* 60G FT

* WZ-131G FT

* T-34-2G FT

* WZ-111-1G FT

* WZ-111G FT

* WZ-113G FT

* 113 Beijing Opera

* WZ-111 model 5A

• Changes to Technical Characteristics:

121: Changed the depression angle of the 122 mm 60-122T gun from -3.5 deg. to -5 deg.

• Added the new researchable Tier X WZ-111-5A heavy tank to the Chinese branch. The vehicle will replace the 113 and can be researched through the WZ-111-4.
  • China (other regions):

121: Changed the depression angle of the 122 mm 60-122T gun from -3.5 deg. to -5 deg.

113: Changed the depression angle of the 122 mm 60-122TG gun from -5 deg. to -7 deg. (on sides)

Added the new researchable Tier X WZ-111-5A heavy tank to the Chinese branch. The vehicle will be researched through the WZ-111-4.

The changes are listed twice, and it's broken down into regions. So 113 will become a T10 prem you can buy on Chinese server but will stay are receive the depression buff on EU.

6 hours ago, Swoopie said:

From EU patchnotes (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/632965-9191-supertest-information/#topmost):

Atleast I dont need a new crew for it so there's that

Im sorry what?

Fuck no, what possible reason would they have to just suddenly remove the 113? Its a great tank. Thats a stupid idea. 

If they do that will actually SERIOUSLY piss me off. I really like the 113.

6 hours ago, Fabunil said:

That´s where you are wrong, both programs work the exact same way in that regard.

Just look at the challanger for example in both tanks.gg and TI, it has a 200mm zone and the next thickest part in 89mm and in both programs the color of that 89mm zone is a light orange.

Well it's been at least a year since TI's even been on my PC and even longer since I've even opened it, so perhaps I am remembering the color stuff wrong.  Regardless, I highly doubt we need to worry about WG releasing the thing with 225mm front armor.

6 hours ago, Necrophore said:

And break the proud tradition of putting tanks in the wrong tree? Never!

Of course not.. they will just add a new tank because moar monies

And by new tank i mean a clone of another

7 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Im sorry what?

Fuck no, what possible reason would they have to just suddenly remove the 113? Its a great tank. Thats a stupid idea. 

If they do that will actually SERIOUSLY piss me off. I really like the 113.

From my understanding of the patchnotes (very confusing stuff anyway), it'll only be a premium in the CN server. In the other regions we'll get both the 5A and the 113 in the tech tree.

8 hours ago, ZXrage said:

From my understanding of the patchnotes (very confusing stuff anyway), it'll only be a premium in the CN server. In the other regions we'll get both the 5A and the 113 in the tech tree.

Yes, after reviewing the patch notes, it's slightly confusingly formatted:

Below this line are the changes only for CN region (incl. 113 premium):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• China (only CN рregion): added the following vehicles:

* T-26G FT

* M3G FT

* SU-76G FT

* 60G FT

* WZ-131G FT

* T-34-2G FT

* WZ-111-1G FT

* WZ-111G FT

* WZ-113G FT

* 113 Beijing Opera

* WZ-111 model 5A

121: Changed the depression angle of the 122 mm 60-122T gun from -3.5 deg. to -5 deg.

Below this line for all the other regions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• China (other regions):

121: Changed the depression angle of the 122 mm 60-122T gun from -3.5 deg. to -5 deg.

113: Changed the depression angle of the 122 mm 60-122TG gun from -5 deg. to -7 deg. (on sides)

Rita has PM changes translated.  Obj 260 LT-7 appears to have gotten harder because reasons....

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/06/15/9-19-1-personal-mission-changes/#more-40284

T28 HTC

MT-7: Destroy 2 enemy SPGs (survive and win the battle) ⟶ Destroy at least 1 enemy SPG (Survive and win the battle)

MT-9: Inflict 1000 damage to enemy heavy tanks above your tier (and survive)   ⟶ Inflict 1000 damage to enemy heavy tanks and destroy 1 heavy tank (survive and win the battle)

HT-6: Destroy 3 enemy heavy tanks (win and survive the battle)  ⟶ Destroy a total of 2 heavy or medium tanks your tier or above (win and survive the battle)

T-55A

MT-7: Destroy 1 SPG with no assistance (win and survive the battle) ⟶  Damage 2 SPGs and destroy at least 1 SPG (win and survive the battle)

MT-9: Destroy 1 heavy tank two tiers higher (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Inflict 1500 damage to enemy heavy tanks, destroy 2 heavy tanks (win and survive the battle)

HT-6: Destroy 2 heavy tanks of a higher tier (inflict at least 2000 damage) ⟶ Destroy a total of 3 heavy or medium tanks (Inflict at least 2000 damage)

OBJECT 260

LT-7: Detect at least 3 SPGs (destroy 1 SPG) ⟶ Detect and damage 3 enemy SPGs (destroy at least 1 SPG)

MT-7: Destroy 3 SPGs (win and survive the battle)  ⟶ Damage 3 enemy SPGs and destroy 1 (win and survive the battle)

MT-8: Destroy 1 medium tank 2 tiers above you (Inflict at least 2000 damage) ⟶ Destroy 3 medium tanks (Inflict at least 2000 damage)

MT-9: Inflict 2000 damage on enemy heavy tanks of higher tiers (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Inflict 2000 damage on heavy tanks and destroy 2 (survive the battle)

HT-6: Destroy 2 heavy tanks 2 tiers above you (inflict 3000 damage) ⟶ Destroy a total of 4 heavy or medium tanks (inflict 3000 damage)

45 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Any thoughts on the 121? Will it be as competitive as the russian meds or will still left behind because of worse handling? Or the 113 will be still better than it regardless?

It's now cw viable for more maps. Our callers used them on occasion on maps like Ensk, redshirt and Mines where depression doesn't matter but now that the depression isn't crippling I can imagine a few mixed in the blob to help out trade pleb 140s.